PDA

View Full Version : Initial thoughts

The Naitch
03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
of when WWE brought certain angles to the table

Like what were your initial thoughts when the moment happened on TV? Did you expect it to be good? Did you think it would be a bad idea? What?

nWo- When Vince turned around in his chair, to reveal the nWo logo, I marked out. I had a firend who got me into the nWo, we had those gay nWo keggers, and I was dying to see the nWo in the WWF. Then it happened. Now I can't compare my experiences with watching the nWo in WCE compared to when it came to WWF, but I thought it was gonna be just awesome. Initially, something weird in me wanted to see The Rock Rock Bottom Hogan and side with Hall and Nash at WrestleMania X8, but looking back, it would've been a dumb idea. Then the nWo started turning into shit throught the spring of 2002. It was not good. Hogan had turned face, Hall was done, which left Nash all alone. Then Nash slipped and tore his quad. I just knew it was over. The nWo was done

The InVasion- Having not watched WCW barely at all in the past, I felt the same way you all feel about the Invasion. Not gonna waste any more space explaining the obvious. WHen I was watching Nitro on vacation, I saw Vince doing a backstage promo. All of a sudden he mentions that he bought WCW. It was truly a what the fuck moment. I just knew I had to go back home to be able to watch TV again, because at the time, I was so busy with my vacation that I was never around a TV. My initial thought was that Shane would be the onscreen owner of WCW Nitro and Thunder. Pretty much a WWF owned WCW. But it ended up being just crap

The Rock as a heel- I was waiting for The Rock to turn heel forever (since 2000) and I sat through all his tired 2001-2002 shit just dying to see him turn. Yup, I go on another 3 month vacation and I miss The Rock's return to SD! challenging Hogan to a match at No Way Out. BUT, I managed to come back home in late Febuary to catch WWE Bottom Line to see The Rock 's heel promo on Toronto the night after No Way Out. This delivered, but for some reason, I was expecting him to be like his old Corporation days. The only downside about his heel run, IMO, was that he played the coward role too much. Also in 2001, when he Rock Bottom Vince, I marked out. But then he Rock Bottomed Shane. It was still good, but not "good" good

John Cena- Yeah, loved him in 2003. Cringed at him during his US Title run, but marked out when he jumped to RAW. He even went old school and did a rap for Christian. After that, the downfall began.

Goldberg- I didn't mind his WWE run at all. Around WrestleMania 20 though, he just sucked

Brock Lesnar- Awesome in the summer of 2002. One thing I will always remember was him wiping Hogan's blood over his chest. And SummerSlam 2002.Was kind of dissapointed that they prematurely ejaculated in the fall

Chris Jericho in 2000- I honestly thought he'd be the one to follow Hogan, Austin, and The Rock as the next biggest cross over superstar in the WWF. But nope. It didn't happen

D Mac
03-17-2006, 01:23 AM
I really wanted to see Goldberg vs Austin. But I think their ego's were too big neither one of them would job to the other.

HaTeR
03-17-2006, 01:24 AM
^

V
03-17-2006, 03:08 AM
I thought "WTF is the WWE doing" when they put the title on JBL, but of course it made him a huge star and legit main eventer. they created a super heel out of a guy who was jobbing to rikishi in his last match.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-17-2006, 09:36 AM
When they originaly aired the Nathen Jones vignettes. They built them up pretty well IMO, with the news clips and ending with the 'I'm Nathen Jones........G'day'. But for some reason he appeared as a face, and was green as fuck anyway.

Disturbed316
03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I marked out at the begining of the InVasion, as I was a fan of WCW during the Monday Night Wars. But as it drew on, it got completly shitty. I still think they should have had WCW come in as a face company instead of trying to play them all off as heels.

They also put the wrong guys in the wrong situations. Kanyon was not US title material, so no idea why they gave him the belt. DDP sucks as a heel, yet they put him in the stupid heel roll of stalking Taker's freak wife. When he revealed himself as said stalker, I completly marked the fuck out, which then totally killed his heel heat.

Xero
03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Lesnar/Goldber. It could have been one of the better WrestleMania big man matches. Instead we got 25 minutes of: lockup, stalemate, F5, spear, Jackhammer, pin, flip off, Stunner.

Kane Knight
03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I thought "WTF is the WWE doing" when they put the title on JBL, but of course it made him a huge star and legit main eventer. they created a super heel out of a guy who was jobbing to rikishi in his last match.

I was happy to see the title on him, actually. Despite all my hate for the man and his brokeback ways, he was fucking Gold on the mic from the second they turned him into Mr. New York City (NEW YORK CITY?).

However, he is a shite WRESTLER, and apparently his reign didn't go well.

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I was happy to see the title on him, actually. Despite all my hate for the man and his brokeback ways, he was fucking Gold on the mic from the second they turned him into Mr. New York City (NEW YORK CITY?).

However, he is a shite WRESTLER, and apparently his reign didn't go well.

I still think there should have been a feud between him and Ron Simmons before he left. At least the mans legacy would have been left at more than just a backstage firing on Smackdown