PDA

View Full Version : New Rob Zombie

What Would Kevin Do?
03-20-2006, 02:21 AM
New Cd "Educated Horses" comes out soon. You can hear the whole CD right now at Bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/zombie

Listening to it now. Yeah.

Blitz
03-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Dl'd off Bitlord the other day. Starts off a little bit average, but the last 4 songs are among the best Zombie has ever done.

Death Of It All is my new fave Zombie song :love:

What Would Kevin Do?
03-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Slick. I'm going down the list. Just finished up Foxy Foxy. So far, nothing to horribly different than Sinister Urge.

I'm a big Zombie fan, so I'll probably pick it up regardless.

Skippord
03-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Foxy Foxy Owns

Downunder
03-20-2006, 04:46 AM
downloading now - I'll let you know

ddpBANG
03-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Just downloaded it. Sounds alright so far.

D Mac
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Meh.

Downunder
03-21-2006, 07:54 AM
It's ok, nothing special.

Same old same old really - I don't hate it, I just think i's a bit boring.

Disturbed316
03-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Downloading now....

Disturbed316
03-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Argh, I hate fake files. Anyway, the stuff I did manage to get seemed ok, I'll probably pick it up later in the week.

Lara Emily
06-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Well it's easily his worse solo album. Blah, half the songs have this annoying almost happy tone to it, there's nothing that even comes close to Sinister Urge's best song (House of a 1000 corpses). American Witch and The Devil's Rejects are probably the only tracks to me that even remotely capture the essence of the horror film (something that had always been his strong point even on his less than stellar Sinister Urge album, Devil's Rejects catpures more of the Westernish on the run road horror, basically the song fits the movie of the same title perfectly, much like House of 1000 Corpses fit House of a 1000 Corpses ). I'm honestly really dissapointed. Sinister Urge wasn't all that great either but at least it still maintained the unique Rob Zombie feel, Educated Horses just sounds and feels completely generic, on top of that even the songs that do somewhat feel like Rob of old (Let it all Bleed out is the best example) are often ruined by ridiculous screaming delivery (Rob screaming Let it all Bleed Out is highly grating and pretty much destroys the song)

The best tracks are the instrumental ones and that's not a good thing. As for the worst track while in tough competetion with almost every single one of them, Foxy Foxy has to be the worst song on the album and probably the worst song Rob has ever done (except maybe Reload), it's way to happy. A lot of this CD, even when dealing with images of the macabre come off way to happy, he might as well be singing about rainbows, sunshines and cute little puppy dogs. Let me just say thank god Death of it All didn't turn out to be the Rob Zombie Metal Ballad that the intro almost seems to promise (Rob is the last guy I want to hear sing a ballad)

Final Summary:
Best Tracks: The Instrumentals (but they aren't worth uying the album for)
Best Songs: American Witch, Devil's Reject, Lords of Salem (same as above)
Worst Tracks: Pretty much everything else especially Foxy Fox

In the end Educated Horses is an Utterly forgettable album without really a single great song on it.

Sickboy
06-10-2006, 01:22 PM
It's been downhill since Hellbilly Deluxe for Zombie