PDA

View Full Version : The Four Horsemen

D Mac
03-23-2006, 12:57 AM
I've always been a mark for the Horsemen as far back as I can remember. I've always felt that they were the "elite" of wrestling. (Except that I think Steve "Mongo" McMicheal was in it and should'nt have been. But I can't recall.)

Think they should ever bring them back?

And would they be old school wrestlers or would you choose some new guys to carry on the Horsemen name?

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2006, 02:37 AM
A lot of people are against the Four Horsemen being revived, but I can see it being good. Granted, I never watched them when they were around, so I don't see the WWE mentioning their name as blasphemous.

Ric Flair in the Enforcer role, Charlie Haas, Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway would be my picks. This is going to destroy any credibility I have, but the Enforcer is not counted as one of the Four Horsemen, is he? If not, Danny Basham could also be good in there. Or Matt Striker.

Executioner
03-23-2006, 02:51 AM
I know alot of people saw Evolution as the new 4 Horsemen....but i cant see Evolution near as powerful and legendary as the 4 horsemen....

As Alienoid pointed out....Flair should lead....have Masters and Carlito turn face and join....and get Benoit from Smackdown...

Oh..and have Arn Anderson as a manager style role in there..

dablackguy
03-23-2006, 03:06 AM
I cant think of how many guys on the roster would even be worthy of being a horseman

Evolution might have been the closest to worthy guys

Chavo Classic
03-23-2006, 05:23 AM
No. Leave the legacy alone.

Unless you want the Horseman done WWE nWo style

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2006, 05:28 AM
No. Leave the legacy alone.

Unless you want the Horseman done WWE nWo style

It could likely turn out crap, but I think the WWE would leave it in the hands of those who could handle it. I would much rather see Ric Flair become a manager to a bunch of guys, without the stable name.

Chavo Classic
03-23-2006, 05:33 AM
It could likely turn out crap, but I think the WWE would leave it in the hands of those who could handle it.

I don't mean to urinate on your parade but they rarely let someone who knows how to do someone actually do said thing. Take a look at how the WWE was attempting to run the ECW ONS PPV.

Bad Company
03-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Benoit, RVD, Flair, and Christian w/ Arn would be totally awesome.

Impeccable
03-23-2006, 05:51 AM
If they were going to revive the horsemen (I am against it though, but you never know with Vince), I think the best way to do it, for damage limitation purposes so as not to destroy the legacy would be Flair, Benoit, bring Malenko back out of retirement (they've done it with Finlay, so why not) and have Arn Anderson as a manager.

That way, there's room to play around with stuff without pissing on the horsemen.

Bad Company
03-23-2006, 05:56 AM
Malenko is retired, easy as that. He's no Terry Funk :D

dablackguy
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Benoit, RVD, Flair, and Christian w/ Arn would be totally awesome.

To me, the horsemem means a littlre more than just the guys in the stable, its also about the lifestyle they portray. Sorry to say it, but RVD doesnt seem like that lifestyle and doesn't (to me) come anywhere near being it

CSL
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
<font color=white>Now whilst I wouldn't like to see this happen as nothing would be the same as the original Horsemen, if it had to happen, I'd go with Ric Flair as the old head leader, Chris Benoit as the quiet (don't let him anywhere near the damn mic) wrestling machine (the upper midcarder, contesting for the IC/US title), Randy Orton as Randy Orton and Test as the bodyguard enforcer.</font>

Ruien
03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Do NOT bring back old stables. First off can Dean even wrestlte? Second BRINGING BACK OLD STABLES DOES NOT WORK. Dx and NWO, they worked awesome :shifty:

XL
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
To be fair the WWE nWo was pretty unfortunate.

The crowd cheered Hogan regardless of the fact he tried to kill Rock.

Hall has no self control and was fired.

Nash struggles to walk.

So each stage they bring in sub par replacements (Xpac, Big Show, Booker, HBK) and ends in bullshit.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Angle in their line ups.

Flair, Angle, Benoit, Jericho/Dinsmore/Haas/Benjamin/Conway

Play them as an elite group of WRESTLERS. Is that not the original blueprint of the Horsemen?

mrslackalack
03-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I have been waiting for the 4 Horsemen DVD that has been supposed to come out for the last 2 years.

Bad Company
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
To me, the horsemem means a littlre more than just the guys in the stable, its also about the lifestyle they portray. Sorry to say it, but RVD doesnt seem like that lifestyle and doesn't (to me) come anywhere near being it
exactly. RVD has had the same gimmick for 21234534 years, there would be no better way to turn him into something that people could take seriously, as sometimes it's a little difficult with him.
I was gonna put Benjamin in instead of RVD anyway.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Maybe have Kurt Angle start something on SmackDown!? Kurt Angle, Paul London, Brian Kendrick & Doug Basham.

Arnold HamNegger
03-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, how about a "Colorized Classic" version of the 4 horseman:

Flair, Lashely, Booker T and Shelton.

Flair could act all gangsta and come out wearing a chain with ridiculously long shorts and speak like he was a ghetto homey. Oh wait.......nevermind.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
god, most of these horsemen teams aren't horsemen material. The Four Horsemen were the ELITE. The BEST. The Four Studs of professional wrestling.

HHH, Angle, Benoit, Orton (Flair as maanager) There's your Horsemen.

The One
03-23-2006, 08:36 PM
DON'T BRING BACK THE HORSEMEN! It has NEVER worked. The Horsemen were the Horsemen. As Arn has said many times, being a Horsemen isn't something you put on in the mourning and take off at night. It worked originally because it was the four of them, real life best friends who happened to be the some of the best in the world. You can't dust off the name Horsemen whenever you need a quick fix.

Sting, Windham, Benoit, Malenko, etc; all GREAT talents, but they are NOT Horsemen.

I started watching Wrestling because of the Four Horsemen. You can NOT convince anyone who was a fan of the original Horsemen that any other combo they have ever tried even came close. It is The Nature Boy Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn & Ole Anderson with J.J. Dillion. That's it. That's who the Horsemen are. History has shown us time and time again you can NOT bring back a stable and have it make the same impact.

http://www.nwalegends.com/images/horsemen.gif

That's the Horsemen. That's it. Don't bring them back, don't create a new version of them. You want to have a stable of 4 people, fine. Evolution worked just fine, but had they called them the Horsemen fans of the REAL Horsemen would have shit on them and never given them a chance, then the fallowers who like to act like they loved the original Horsemen (despite being only 12 years old) would fallow suit and soon no one would buy it. Pro Wrestling is best when it is something new and innovative, not something that drew the crowds in almost two decades ago.

Please for the sake of the vain in my neck that is going to burst one day, don't bring this topic up again...(goes on with life knowing full well someone will post this same idea in less then a year...always happens)

Bad Company
03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Nevermind.

D Mac
03-24-2006, 01:11 AM
So...What are you trying to say? :shifty:

Pinnacle Charisma
03-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Flair has said in the past the he would like a four horseman like stable in the wwe consisting of him, Angle, HBK and HHH as he believes that they are the best four wrestles in the best business today.

I think a stable like that would be intresting but it wouldnt last long too many egos in one stable would never work in booking situations backstage

srnrew
03-29-2006, 01:40 AM
Dont forget the Horsemen dominated the whole NWA for years, Evolution only made their mark on RAW, half the WWE. Personally I think the best version was Flair, Luger, Arn, and Tully. Flair a dominant World champ, and Luger was a 4-time US champ during his time with the Horsemen.

Corkscrewed
03-29-2006, 01:56 AM
What LC said, basically. And they have to be heel.