PDA

View Full Version : steve Blackman speaks out on injury

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 11:52 AM
’The Lethal Weapon’, Steve Blackman, is this edition of TII’s guest, and we want to thank him for his time. In this interview he openly discusses his want to return to the WWE, how his neck injury is after surgery, and his thoughts on the WWE Royal Rumble event itself.

Coming soon TII has its One Year Anniversary show, so keep checking our official website for more information on that huge huge show.

Steve Blackman

-- Since he left WWE, Steve’s bought into a gym, had his neck worked on and moved back to Pennsylvania from Florida.

-- Steve watched wrestling on and off. When he did watch he enjoyed watching Snuka, Valentine and many others.

-- After becoming obsessed with lifting weights etc, going into wrestling seemed like the natural next step. He used to go in for a lot of lifting and curling competition, and benched 585 at the age of 19. He broke loads of eastern American records, and as far as he is aware, these records still stand to this day.

-- In 1989, Steve contracted Malaria, an illness which kept him out of action right through until 1996. He was in Africa, and when he came back a stomach illness kept him “on his death bed” for pretty much two years.

-- After being out of the ring for around 6 years or so, he called Brian Pillman, spoke to Bret Hart, etc and asked them to put in a good word up in WWE. When he was contacted, he had to go through a week of training and a couple more weeks of tryouts before being signed.

-- His debut was made as one of a ‘fan in the crowd’. He really enjoyed it, “it was a little different, and I thought it came off half decent”. It was about 10 miles from where he lived, so it was pretty much a hometown crowd.

-- On the topic of Ken Shamrock, he thought his Hardcore matches were decent, enjoyed the parking lot match, but his favorite was the Lions Den match – his only regret about that is that the cage wasn’t a little bigger. Steve says that in regards to Ken Shamrock, they’ve had a lot of good matches and he wouldn’t mind giving any kind of match a go with him.

-- Talk then turns to Ground ‘n’ Pound gear, something that Ken and Steve are doing (http://www.gnpgear.com). It was started by 3 lifelong friends, and they asked Steve and Ken to come in and help promote it. A lot of guys on UFC PPV’s etc are wearing the GnP stuff, which can be seen and found out about at the aforementioned website, gnpgear.com.

-- Steve was hoping to make a decision about his future this month, but he hasn’t been able to thus far. If he cant get in the ring again he’s thinking of opening up a Night Club with some friends, and if he can he wants to get back in the ring for 3-4 weeks and try some small workouts. If they go okay, he’ll “give Titan [WWE] a call and see if they wanna do something”.

-- Steve was in the “Brawl For All” competition, and beat Marc Mero in the first round. After that, Steve had to withdraw through injury as during a routine shoot training session, his sparring partner sat on the side of his leg, causing it to hit the floor and rip a cartilage in his knee.

-- Thoughts of the whole ‘Hardcore Title’ era are then given. Blackman says he’s not sure that it’s necessarily a bad move to have removed it, and while they throw that gimmick out there every now and again, it’s not anywhere near as regular. In addition, Steve said that every time he went out there he tried to be creative as he could, using weapons in new ways to give the fans something they hadn’t seen before.

-- Daniel then asks what was going through Steve’s mind, as he took the huge elbow drop dive off of the Scaffolding onto a prone Shane McMahon to retain the Hardcore Title at SummerSlam 2000. Steve’s reply - “don’t slip”. He remembers thinking after wrestling for so long, his hands were real sweaty, and he didn’t want to slip and “take a downward spill”.

-- The team with Al Snow pretty much just came off because of their two different personalities. He isn’t sure WHO came up with it or anything, but that’s WHY it occurred. During the word associations, Daniel brings up Chester McCheeserton, the midget in the cheese costume that Snow and Blackman attacked.

-- His release was a Mutual Decision. They didn’t want to put him in the ring if he wasn’t 100%, and every time he was going in there he would experience severe headaches etc.

-- Blackman says he watches WWE off and on. “Some of it’s still good, some of it needs some work, but you can pretty much say that about anything”. Steve then asks host Daniel HIS opinion on it, and they talk for a few more minutes about WWE in general.

-- This interview was recorded before the Royal Rumble itself, and Steve threw out some of his predictions; Goldberg and Billy Gunn. Other choices are then discussed such as John Cena and Chris Benoit as possibilities, and gives his thoughts on those two guys in general.

-- If he can get back in the ring, Steve would find it really interesting to do some hardcore matches with Rob Van Dam. There’s a lot of other guys, but the one he thinks of first would be Van Dam.

-- Steve has options such as Japan, England, and he’s thought about TNA but hasn’t been in touch with them. His first choice would be with Titan before he tried anybody else.

-- He doesn’t have an official website, and doesn’t have any affiliation with any of the fansites, but if anybody wants to book Steve they can either contact the guys at Ground ‘n’ Pound (gnpgear.com), or The Interactive Interview show hosts Daniel & James.

-- The hosts then ask for Blackman’s thoughts on some of the wrestlers who have passed away recently such as Crash Holly, Brian Pillman and British Bulldog. His thoughts, even though Pillman and Bulldog were some of his best friends, they get no sympathy from him in regards to taking pills. “If you’re an alcoholic, I don’t wanna hear that it’s hereditary, stop drinking. If you know the problem, stop it, I’m cut and dry like that”.

-- We then roll into word associations with names such as Shane McMahon, Sean Waltman, Al Snow, Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Ken Shamrock, Vince McMahon & many more.

-- The final question posed to Steve was in regards to how he likes the old school style vs. the new school style of wrestling. To hear that, along with the Word Associations, click one of the links below to hear the show.

-- Steve finishes with some words for his fans, as we move into the after-show recap in which we discuss the Royal Rumble after it happened, and this week’s TNA event featuring the Callis/Watts match. This can only be heard by clicking the two download links below.

To Download The Show In Streaming Media: Click Here

Head
02-01-2004, 12:16 PM
That font color really doesn't mesh well with the black background. Makes it hard to read.

123 kid
02-01-2004, 12:19 PM
I hope Steve Blackman returns to the WWE ring and if Shamrock returned he could have a good feud with him

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 12:38 PM
unreadable AND unsourced. Double threat there, Wrestling Gimp.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 12:47 PM
unreadable AND unsourced. Double threat there, Wrestling Gimp.
patiently waits for dickweed to make a decent insult..then i noticethat i dont got time i actually have a life

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 12:49 PM
patiently waits for dickweed to make a decent insult..then i noticethat i dont got time i actually have a life

Why is he waiting for himself to make a decent insult? He of all people should know that's impossible.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Why is he waiting for himself to make a decent insult? He of all people should know that's impossible.
still nothing good poor kaney :nono:

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 03:20 PM
still nothing good poor kaney :nono:

:lol: You should talk.

You've resorted to spamming up your own threads...:|

Corkscrewed
02-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Um... interesting read. Looks like he's not too disappointed to be out of wrestling.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 04:20 PM
:lol: You should talk.

You've resorted to spamming up your own threads...:|
its funny that you sit at home with a dimwit reply and sit and wait for a comeback from who ever your singling out so you can get off all over your keys..i wish i could meet you in person so i could beat the shit out of you for being such a retard id like to bust your thick glasses into your beady little eyes, man have the shit i say i say just to make you mad so kiss my white naked ass.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 04:30 PM
What are you, like 12?

You talk a hard fight...On the internet...

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 04:31 PM
How petty do you have to be to wish to beat on someone online?

Especially since you pretend my comebacks are so stupid...How pathetic must you be to then get bent out of shape by "dimwit" replies?

DaveWadding
02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
PWS, asshole.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 04:46 PM
PWS, asshole.

oic. Now I've been pwnd

Loose Cannon
02-01-2004, 04:49 PM
LOL at wrestling_god VS Kane Knight feud

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 04:55 PM
What are you, like 12?

You talk a hard fight...On the internet...
id be more than willing to talk it in person if you got the balls

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
For those who have problems reading the first one

’The Lethal Weapon’, Steve Blackman, is this edition of TII’s guest, and we want to thank him for his time. In this interview he openly discusses his want to return to the WWE, how his neck injury is after surgery, and his thoughts on the WWE Royal Rumble event itself.

Coming soon TII has its One Year Anniversary show, so keep checking our official website for more information on that huge huge show.

Steve Blackman

-- Since he left WWE, Steve’s bought into a gym, had his neck worked on and moved back to Pennsylvania from Florida.

-- Steve watched wrestling on and off. When he did watch he enjoyed watching Snuka, Valentine and many others.

-- After becoming obsessed with lifting weights etc, going into wrestling seemed like the natural next step. He used to go in for a lot of lifting and curling competition, and benched 585 at the age of 19. He broke loads of eastern American records, and as far as he is aware, these records still stand to this day.

-- In 1989, Steve contracted Malaria, an illness which kept him out of action right through until 1996. He was in Africa, and when he came back a stomach illness kept him “on his death bed” for pretty much two years.

-- After being out of the ring for around 6 years or so, he called Brian Pillman, spoke to Bret Hart, etc and asked them to put in a good word up in WWE. When he was contacted, he had to go through a week of training and a couple more weeks of tryouts before being signed.

-- His debut was made as one of a ‘fan in the crowd’. He really enjoyed it, “it was a little different, and I thought it came off half decent”. It was about 10 miles from where he lived, so it was pretty much a hometown crowd.

-- On the topic of Ken Shamrock, he thought his Hardcore matches were decent, enjoyed the parking lot match, but his favorite was the Lions Den match – his only regret about that is that the cage wasn’t a little bigger. Steve says that in regards to Ken Shamrock, they’ve had a lot of good matches and he wouldn’t mind giving any kind of match a go with him.

-- Talk then turns to Ground ‘n’ Pound gear, something that Ken and Steve are doing (http://www.gnpgear.com). It was started by 3 lifelong friends, and they asked Steve and Ken to come in and help promote it. A lot of guys on UFC PPV’s etc are wearing the GnP stuff, which can be seen and found out about at the aforementioned website, gnpgear.com.

-- Steve was hoping to make a decision about his future this month, but he hasn’t been able to thus far. If he cant get in the ring again he’s thinking of opening up a Night Club with some friends, and if he can he wants to get back in the ring for 3-4 weeks and try some small workouts. If they go okay, he’ll “give Titan [WWE] a call and see if they wanna do something”.

-- Steve was in the “Brawl For All” competition, and beat Marc Mero in the first round. After that, Steve had to withdraw through injury as during a routine shoot training session, his sparring partner sat on the side of his leg, causing it to hit the floor and rip a cartilage in his knee.

-- Thoughts of the whole ‘Hardcore Title’ era are then given. Blackman says he’s not sure that it’s necessarily a bad move to have removed it, and while they throw that gimmick out there every now and again, it’s not anywhere near as regular. In addition, Steve said that every time he went out there he tried to be creative as he could, using weapons in new ways to give the fans something they hadn’t seen before.

-- Daniel then asks what was going through Steve’s mind, as he took the huge elbow drop dive off of the Scaffolding onto a prone Shane McMahon to retain the Hardcore Title at SummerSlam 2000. Steve’s reply - “don’t slip”. He remembers thinking after wrestling for so long, his hands were real sweaty, and he didn’t want to slip and “take a downward spill”.

-- The team with Al Snow pretty much just came off because of their two different personalities. He isn’t sure WHO came up with it or anything, but that’s WHY it occurred. During the word associations, Daniel brings up Chester McCheeserton, the midget in the cheese costume that Snow and Blackman attacked.

-- His release was a Mutual Decision. They didn’t want to put him in the ring if he wasn’t 100%, and every time he was going in there he would experience severe headaches etc.

-- Blackman says he watches WWE off and on. “Some of it’s still good, some of it needs some work, but you can pretty much say that about anything”. Steve then asks host Daniel HIS opinion on it, and they talk for a few more minutes about WWE in general.

-- This interview was recorded before the Royal Rumble itself, and Steve threw out some of his predictions; Goldberg and Billy Gunn. Other choices are then discussed such as John Cena and Chris Benoit as possibilities, and gives his thoughts on those two guys in general.

-- If he can get back in the ring, Steve would find it really interesting to do some hardcore matches with Rob Van Dam. There’s a lot of other guys, but the one he thinks of first would be Van Dam.

-- Steve has options such as Japan, England, and he’s thought about TNA but hasn’t been in touch with them. His first choice would be with Titan before he tried anybody else.

-- He doesn’t have an official website, and doesn’t have any affiliation with any of the fansites, but if anybody wants to book Steve they can either contact the guys at Ground ‘n’ Pound (gnpgear.com), or The Interactive Interview show hosts Daniel & James.

-- The hosts then ask for Blackman’s thoughts on some of the wrestlers who have passed away recently such as Crash Holly, Brian Pillman and British Bulldog. His thoughts, even though Pillman and Bulldog were some of his best friends, they get no sympathy from him in regards to taking pills. “If you’re an alcoholic, I don’t wanna hear that it’s hereditary, stop drinking. If you know the problem, stop it, I’m cut and dry like that”.

-- We then roll into word associations with names such as Shane McMahon, Sean Waltman, Al Snow, Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Ken Shamrock, Vince McMahon & many more.

-- The final question posed to Steve was in regards to how he likes the old school style vs. the new school style of wrestling. To hear that, along with the Word Associations, click one of the links below to hear the show.

-- Steve finishes with some words for his fans, as we move into the after-show recap in which we discuss the Royal Rumble after it happened, and this week’s TNA event featuring the Callis/Watts match.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 05:00 PM
id be more than willing to talk it in person if you got the balls

*LOL*

I'm sure you would.

Kid probably would need a ladder just to look me in the eye...

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 05:04 PM
*LOL*

I'm sure you would.

Kid probably would need a ladder just to look me in the eye...
you are pretty ****ing stuiped..unless your 12 foot (thats double my height jackass) i beleive in kicking a man while hes down so your in for a long night...also Dumb **** if you bothered to look in Profiles youd know i was 22 if you can do math that is.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 05:08 PM
you are pretty ****ing stuiped..unless your 12 foot (thats double my height jackass) i beleive in kicking a man while hes down so your in for a long night...also Dumb **** if you bothered to look in Profiles youd know i was 22 if you can do math that is.

Why would I be bothered to look at your profile? Far as I'm concerned, you're a pathetic little joke.

You're 6 feet tal...Wow...I'm 35 feet tall, and my dick is 90 feet long...:roll:

:lol:

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Why would I be bothered to look at your profile? Far as I'm concerned, you're a pathetic little joke.

You're 6 feet tal...Wow...I'm 35 feet tall, and my dick is 90 feet long...:roll:

:lol:
then your mom woke you up and said " kaney wake up hon i made you cookies its time for school kaney poo"

Head
02-01-2004, 05:48 PM
man have the shit i say i say just to make you mad so kiss my white naked ass.
We go an Eminem fan.

Kane Knight
then your mom woke you up and said " kaney wake up hon i made you cookies its time for school kaney poo"

Wow, you must be dumber than I thought to miss the point there.

Kane Knight
We go an Eminem fan.

And not a very bright one. At least Eminem knows how to use the English language...

Head
02-01-2004, 05:49 PM
As for the interview, I acually wouldn't much mind seeing Blackmen back in the WWE...granted he would just end up on Heat a week after returning, but I really didn't mind his hardcore matches.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
hahahahahahha wait still not funny....try again kaney poo

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
hahahahahahha wait still not funny....try again kaney poo

Kaney Poo...Yeah...You're one to talk about bad comebacks...

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Sorry, Rainman'd have better lines than you...

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
:nono: so sad he doesnt understand yet :nono:

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 05:58 PM
*LOL* A remedial english dropout trying to talk down to me. Kinda cute.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 06:04 PM
*LOL* A remedial english dropout trying to talk down to me. Kinda cute.
i swear if you were hear trying to call me cute youd be dead ******

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 06:06 PM
i swear if you were hear trying to call me cute youd be dead ******

Awwww...I'm so scared, cwootie pie...

Lamuella
02-01-2004, 06:08 PM
this thread is kind of funny, but also kind of sad.

It's like watching a grown man wrestle a learning disabled child who doesn't understand the rules.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 06:11 PM
or the blind leading the blind

Lamuella
02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Dude, that was classic. You just flamed yourself and didn't realise it.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Dude, that was classic. You just flamed yourself and didn't realise it.

:cool:

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 06:26 PM
no i realised it because its true im stooping to a new low f u c k i n g around with this moron

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 06:45 PM
no i realised it because its true im stooping to a new low f u c k i n g around with this moron

Riiiiight.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Keep trying, Forrest Gump.

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Keep trying, Forrest Gump.
hahahahahah forest gump hahahaha thats classic god you are so funny man hahahaha when you get done with school you should be a comedian :shifty: anyway your insults are almost getting funnier as you go so close try again....

waiting

waiting

ah **** it the superbowls on but ill keep waiting for a insult that makes me smile :yes:

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm still waiting for signs of intelligence in you, kid

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm still waiting for signs of intelligence in you, kid
ladies and gentleman another classic put down by kaney..imma make the top ten greatest insults by kaney thread..dont try stealing this one kaney

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:16 PM
ladies and gentleman another classic put down by kaney..imma make the top ten greatest insults by kaney thread..dont try stealing this one kaney

LOL

What makes you think you're worth any effort?

I bet a retarded 5 year old could outwit you.

Why would I waste effort on someone so pathetic?

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:19 PM
But it's cute watching you try and be all bad...

samichna
02-01-2004, 07:32 PM
LOL

ilt_undertaker
02-01-2004, 07:37 PM
<font color=Silver>Im not feelin the love in this thread, but anyways I think it would be cool if Steve Blackman came back one day</font>

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL

What makes you think you're worth any effort?

I bet a retarded 5 year old could outwit you.

Why would I waste effort on someone so pathetic?
funny you say that and reply to ever post i make hmmmmmm

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 07:39 PM
<font color=Silver>Im not feelin the love in this thread, but anyways I think it would be cool if Steve Blackman came back one day</font>
ill let you feel some love...dont worry about kane your not a guy so he could care less about you

ilt_undertaker
02-01-2004, 07:41 PM
<font color=Silver>:shifty: ..............K</font>

wrestling_god
02-01-2004, 07:42 PM
But it's cute watching you try and be all bad...
also i didnt realise tpww forums was a personal lets see how clever kane can be lounge

ilt_undertaker
02-01-2004, 07:45 PM
<font color=Silver>Matt Hardy still has his appendix</font>

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:45 PM
also i didnt realise tpww forums was a personal lets see how clever kane can be lounge

Awwww...Jealous that I'm taking your spotlight?

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:46 PM
funny you say that and reply to ever post i make hmmmmmm

Like replying takes effort.

I could be decapitated and still use more brainpower than you do.

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
<font color=Silver>Matt Hardy still has his appendix</font>

I hear he can slap a tornado.

ilt_undertaker
02-01-2004, 07:49 PM
<font color=Silver>I heard he can survive one</font>

Kane Knight
02-01-2004, 08:36 PM
I hear he likes Miso soup.

ilt_undertaker
02-01-2004, 08:39 PM
<font color=Silver>Yeah, i heard that too</font>

TheYoungDominant
02-02-2004, 08:38 AM
egg drop soup is better...

Kane Knight
02-02-2004, 11:20 AM
egg drop soup is better...

Can't say I've tried it.

Head
02-02-2004, 12:28 PM
LOL

Kane Knight
02-02-2004, 01:07 PM
LOL

Stop getting off topic! :mad: This thread is about the greatness of MAttitude! :foc: