PDA

View Full Version : Last entrant for MITB at Mania *spoilers obviously*

Chavo Classic
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
What are your thoughts?

With the inclusion of Lashley it's shaping up to be a very different nature of ladder match than last year's offering, especially with only RVD and Hardy proven aerial assualtists.

Any thoughts on what might happen between Lashley and Finlay as this boils over into Mania?

PureHatred
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
What are your thoughts?

With the inclusion of Lashley it's shaping up to be a very different nature of ladder match than last year's offering, especially with only RVD and Hardy proven aerial assualtists.

Any thoughts on what might happen between Lashley and Finlay as this boils over into Mania?

Shelton is a tremendous athlete and gave us a couple of great spots last year.

But yeah, with Flair and Finley, this should be more of a ground based match.

Jaton
03-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I think it'll be an all-around solid ladder match. That's just me though. Flair proved he can be good in ladder matches, I thought his TLC with Edge was pretty good. Lashley and Finlay will probably mostly brawl with each other and use the ladder to attack each other, probably not much aerial offense. Hardy, Benjamin, and RVD will keep us entertained with the big spots.

Chavo Classic
03-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Last year's MITB featured Edge, Benoit, Jericho and Christian. All proven experts at ladder matches who, at one point or another, have put on a good show with the infamous eight foot of steel.

I think a lot of people are going to be let down when Lashley, Finlay and Flair spend the entire match on their feet. I'm actually quite looking forward to see how a great wrestling mind like Flair innovates and uses ring psychology on this occassion, and there's bound to be some insane spot featuring Finlay and Lashley (perhaps inadvertently affecting one of the three designated spot monkeys and falling from a great height)

The Icon of Elisim
03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I don't see why people think that Lashley will suck. He won't be doing any crazy planchas off the ladder but that doesn't mean he couldn't be part of some crazy spot. He could take a move off a ladder or get pushed off.

I think it'll be a cool match, we'll get some cool spots but I think the majority of the match will have some really good story telling.

My biggest beef is that it feels like RVD will definetly win (the only other guy I think with a chance is Flair, if they are going to run with a whole "last chance for the old guy gimmick"), its either that or Carlito runs in when everyone is down and steals the contract and we get a lame finish like that

McDoogle
03-23-2006, 01:28 PM
This is the only match I look forward too at this wrestlemania. Maybe the Angle/Orton/Rey match too but not really.

Volare
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
hmmm gotta think of the "situations" happening with this event

Lashley//Finlay = hate each other and brawl every time they meet

RVD//Flair//Shelton = rivalry over IC title and Flair helped Shelton get IC title back against RVD

Kinda Leaving Hardy all alone

Nark Order
03-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I actually think thatFinlay is going to do some crazy stuff in this match. Between him and Hardy, there is going to be some crazt innovative stuff that we've never seen before.

McLegend
03-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Anything with Finaly is going to be great.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't think it will be a bad match, but I'm expecting a lot of people to be disappointed, claiming it didn't have the same magic as last year's MITB.

I personally think that either RVD or Bobby Lashley will win. People say it's too early for Lasley, and I agree, but I just have a feeling. It's either that or RVD and Matt Hardy are climbing together because Shelton is off brawling with Flair, and Lashley with Finlay. Hardy does some crazy spot off the ladder and RVD grabs the contract.

For some reason, I also see the winner challenging the WWE Champion at WrestleMania. There's actually something appealing to me about Bobby Lashley getting on the mic after he wins the MITB Ladder Match and calls out John Cena claiming he's cashing it in right now. Lashley then wins (maybe with help from Triple H, who can lose to Cena earlier), and we get a new WWE Champion at WrestleMania, someone no one saw holding the belt at the end of the night.

Jordan
03-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I think it will be pretty bad ass, Shelton is proven, Hardy is proven, RVD is proven, Flair is proven, and Finlay and Lashley are bad asses, it will be pretty sick I think.

Dorkchop
03-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Lashley will most likely do well. He's huge and strong and will most likely take at least one big bump. He'll probably be on the offensive of one big bump too. He's young enough to really put a lot of effort into this match. Hopefully he'll translate well in this match.

Shelton is one of the best actual wrestlers right now. You can bet your ass he'll bust out a few unique moves. It's Wrestlemania so he'll try to bust out some awesome moves.

RVD is RVD. He's at his bets when he can use weapons or objects for some innovation. He'll get some nice high spots. Every ladder match he's been in has been great.

Hardy was one of the guys to make ladder matches what they are today. He'll definitely give it his all. He's one of the three guys who's comfortable on that ladder. He'll do well, but sadly won't win.

Flair is damn old, doesn't like Foley because he's a glorified stunt man, but will be a total hypocrite and make sure he has a real pressance in the match. He'll have to follow in this match which he isn't used to. If you look at his TLC match with Edge, Edge carried him, but Flair did a damn good job. Plus he has the whole "I want another title reign" so he'll have to have a good presence. Plus it's freaking Ric Flair.

Finlay is Finlay. Everything this guy does is pure awesome. He may be a mat wrestler, but he's amazing. He's been very innovative and impressing everyone since he returned. Hopefully his innovation will show in this match.

HeartBreakMan2k
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm looking foward to this one more so than the last. Flair and Finlay are brilliant in terms of how a match should work and the story it should tell. To me those two will probably orchastrate the match and allow the others to work the big spots, but those spots there will be a reason for them, not just to have them. Flair and Finlay will make this match too. And Shelton.

Funky Fly
03-24-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm calling it now: Lashley will do something like an exploder off the ladder to the outside throught an announce table on Finlay. I guarantee neither of them will be standing at the final moments of the match.

Mr. Nerfect
03-24-2006, 06:57 AM
If the WWE were smart, this match would be used to set up strong programs away from the World Titles.

Finlay vs. Lashley could be great if they do it right. Thus far it has been done right. It may seem like overkill for the feud, but I wouldn't mind seeing this too step into Hell in a Cell. They have never actually done a storyline (save for the first-ever Cell) where neither competitor has ever stepped foot into the Cell. They could sell it as the match where both Finlay & Lashley enter on equal grounds, as both are HIAC virgins.

A crazy spot, like Funky suggested, would really set this up well.