PDA

View Full Version : The roster split for better or for worse?

123 kid
02-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I would rather have no roster split but think it is for the best as there is so many wretlers now.....

Savio
02-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Worse. If it wasn't split HHH wouldn't of gotten away with what he's doing....Or would he?

Mr. JL
02-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Worse, I actually thought that with the roster split they'd give the main attraction wrestlers more time to wrestle, but instead they just crowded up the rosters again to the point where, it looks like they have to make yet another roster split in order to compensate for it. Not that they'd ever do that, instead they'll just let great talents go to waste while they give a push to the A-Train for the 10, 000th time.

seth187
02-02-2004, 04:01 AM
In a way the roster split was good, at first they thought that could use this to help push wrestlers and get things more exciting, but then they just kept getting more talent and filling the rosters with crappy wrestlers that aint even worth fighting eric bishoff. I say drop most of the low card wrestlers...cause lets face it...they get like 2 shows a month if they are lucky so there is no point for them, get some friggin heavy weights to fight for the title cause there is none to even contend these days for that.

Mr.Violent J
02-02-2004, 06:19 AM
It seemed like a good idea didn't it. A chance to let those former ECW and WCW stars show what they can do. Yeah... that went well. Instead we end up pushing the people that don't need it or people that have no chance of going anywhere.

Lets face it Vinnie Mac... A-train just isn't going to draw and neither is Mark Henry. Why don't we give Ultimo a chance to show what he can do. Who's Ultimo??!! Never mind.....

Rock Bottom
02-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Down with the stupid roster split. Now that Benoit is gone, I barely give half a shit about SmackDown. Eddie, Angle, Mysterio, Lesnar. Neat.

You know when Smackdown was cool?

When it had William Regal. That was pretty nifty. (Not just because of regal, but if you can recall that time period - Smackdown kicked ASS.)

RAW? Don't get me started. The whole f*cking show is overrun by Evolution. Orton is cool, Flair is... ...Ric Flair, but the other two I have had enough of. HHH needs no explaination, and Batista is... He looks like a damn bird. (Seriously.)

*Almost* none of the titles on either show are in any real question (barring what is in the works now, but that STILL remains to be seen). Then there is the overabundance of hosstosity.

Merge the shows back together. Keep RAW and Smackdown free of the pollution of hosses and feuds/angles/wrestlers that will go nowhere. I'm not saying fire everyone, but change things. You should be able to tell whether or not an angle or wrestler is going to work right based off fan reaction and the storylines alone. It's understood that some people will never get anywhere if they aren't showcased, but now is... In my opinion, and this may start a huge difference of opinions. Now is NOT THE TIME to showcase new talent or do anything experimental. Now is time to FIX it.

For the love of god. You like hosses? Great. Have them fight each other. Make Big Show defend his US title against Albert.

With the exception of Randy Orton, I hate Evolution and where it's going. What is the damned point of giving one stable every friggin important belt? Was that something Triple H thought of when he was 9?

Reunite the friggin championships while you're at it. 2 belts is confusing as hell to alot of fans, and most people pick their "favorite" belt and it puts the two on a scale, eventually one will be buried. 2 champions? No.

More title defenses. That match HHH and Michaels put on, despite the ending, really had me thinking there was a chance in hell someone could win that belt. I know I use The Rock as a reference alot naturally, but think back to after Backlash where The Rock was a fresh champ having just won the gold a night before. He had a cage match with Shane the next night for the belt, and they actually made Shane look GOOD while The Rock retained the belt. They made a friggin McMahon look good.

Remember Crush vs. Yokozuna? I was marking the f*** out. I thought Crush had it, then when Fuji hit him with the flag, it was all over.

The shows shouldn't JUST be used to build up feuds, they should also be used to end them. Think about it.

Filler matches for PPVs... MAKE THEM GOOD. MAKE THEM HAVE A MEANING.

For gods sake make some more tag teams.

Make the matches believable. Stop doing this Underdog crap. Orlando Jones vs. Brock? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Orlando Jabroni was a jabroni. Brock was a champ. WTF CHANGED?

More pros of uniting the roster again:

No worrying about balancing talent
4 Hours a week of A-shows, leaving you an unlimited time of evening out airtime for the proper matches rather than a 2 hour window once a week for a fraction of your talent until the next PPV

I'm sure there are WORLDS of conversations and ultimatums you could give Triple H. He is not the boss. (YET)

You need new writers. You need writers who care about the FANS. You need writers who ARE fans.

For the love of god, give people time off! Even if they don't want it! Keep people fresh and preserved! So what if the fans want to see them. It will make them more crazy when their favorite wrestlers are finally back and fresh! Don't overplay them and move on to the next flavor.

I don't know half the things, or have any sources or ANYTHING about wrestling, but I am a fan, and I'm a fan with a brain, and contrary to the fact that there are still marks and rednecks out there, sad as it may be, the wrestling world has evolved. You have people who can evaluate what the hell you are doing right and wrong on a public basis. Many view the internet as an enemy, but I TELL YOU WHAT, if you dropped in here and listened to some of the smart guys THIS board has to say, let alone ALL of them, at least once a week or even a month, you might not see it as your enemy, but as your greatest savior. I see day after day, so many people saying "I am so sick of this" and "I am so sick of that," well me too I'm ****ing fed up with it. Wrestling is about the fans and appealing to them, you jackasses, so know your ****ing role WWE.

[/RANT]

Sephiroth
02-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Worse, I actually thought that with the roster split they'd give the main attraction wrestlers more time to wrestle, but instead they just crowded up the rosters again to the point where, it looks like they have to make yet another roster split in order to compensate for it. Not that they'd ever do that, instead they'll just let great talents go to waste while they give a push to the A-Train for the 10, 000th time.

loopydate
02-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I like it. Would you honestly rather see HHH twice a week? Sure, it's the same guys from each brand every week, but if the rosters weren't split, there'd be half as many guys on TV right now. You could kiss the "big show" appearances by Shannon Moore, Matt Hardy, Christian, and the cruisers goodbye without the roster split, because both shows would be about Triple H, Brock, and Goldberg.

I'm not crazy about the split champions, but the split brands are a good thing.

Kane Knight
02-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Better. There are some problems, bot overall, it gives us a shot to see more people a week...

SUPREMO
02-02-2004, 11:29 AM
i would rather have no roster spilts

Bo
02-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Well keep the roster spilt but do like MLB does have "interleauge" or "intershow" play for like a month or two. Most likley thoes before Wrestlemaina since the show is like 4 hours long now. That would allow big build up to it and give match up that you want to see but cant see normally.

The CyNick
02-02-2004, 02:35 PM
IT would have better in its original form which was RAW vs Nitro, but nobody wants to hear another rant about that do they?

Personally, I dont like having two world champs, I think there should be one champ who kinda 'tours' between the shows in the same way the NWA champ did back in the day.

That aside, the brand extension has done some good. I see the anticipation for Brock-Goldberg and Taker-Kane and you can see the advantage of keeping people away from one another, then bringing them back together for one show a year. It at least creates some fresh matches or at least, amkes them seem fresh.

As someone else said, if the rosters come back together you get twice as much HHH, twice as much HBK, twice as much Take, twice as much Big Show. A lot of that wouldn't be good for business, and it would be even harder for new guys to get over.

Any problems the WWE has had over the past few years has very little to do with the brand extension, it has more to do with poor writing/booking, which would just the same even if the rosters were back together as one.

Loose Cannon
02-02-2004, 02:43 PM
IT would have better in its original form which was RAW vs Nitro, but nobody wants to hear another rant about that do they?

Personally, I dont like having two world champs, I think there should be one champ who kinda 'tours' between the shows in the same way the NWA champ did back in the day.

That aside, the brand extension has done some good. I see the anticipation for Brock-Goldberg and Taker-Kane and you can see the advantage of keeping people away from one another, then bringing them back together for one show a year. It at least creates some fresh matches or at least, amkes them seem fresh.

As someone else said, if the rosters come back together you get twice as much HHH, twice as much HBK, twice as much Take, twice as much Big Show. A lot of that wouldn't be good for business, and it would be even harder for new guys to get over.

Any problems the WWE has had over the past few years has very little to do with the brand extension, it has more to do with poor writing/booking, which would just the same even if the rosters were back together as one.

Yeah it really does keep things fresh and it gets real intersting when they have a guy on Smackdown vs a guy on Raw.

The match I am most interested in seeing is the Brock-Lesner match at Mania. These two are a PERFECT match for each other and eventhough I know Brock's going to win, it just seems like a great battle. Keeping them away from eachother for this long a period of time since Goldberg came to the WWE, just makes the match that much more special.