PDA

View Full Version : NES Emulator played through the xbox 360

alvarado52
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKNzmU4G1sE

Think this'll cause a upstir of sorts?

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2006, 09:04 PM
If it can be passed through XBL then something must be done, otherwise it's another jackass with more tech-savy than morals.

road doggy dogg
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Ummmmm people have been doing that since Dreamcast, who cares?

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Burglary's been done for years so who cares? According to your statement, anyway.

road doggy dogg
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
lol vagsanding over piracy... you get more fagtarded by the day

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Any aspiring writer/director/game developer can't be okay with widespread piracy. If it was your shit, that you crafted from nothing, you'd react to it being leaked to people for free. Demos, movie clips, and music tracks; who cares. Entire albums, movies, and games being shared across the internet...

Indifferent Clox
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm an aspiring writer director and artist, I am entirely okay with it. I belive art should be free. In it's original form, not free.. but reproductions, free. Live art, not free, recordings, free

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm an aspiring writer director and artist, I am entirely okay with it. I belive art should be free. In it's original form, not free.. but reproductions, free. Live art, not free, recordings, free

Well I would like a world where I can walk into a movie store waltz out with whatever DVD I please for free.

AareDub
03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Did anybody actually read the article? It's not even playing on the Xbox. It's playing on a PC and simply being displayed (VERY SLOWLY) through the media center crap on the 360 or somesuch. It's not a hack, it's not useful, it's really not anything. *yawn*

Move along, nothing to see here.....

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Did anybody actually read the article? It's not even playing on the Xbox. It's playing on a PC and simply being displayed (VERY SLOWLY) through the media center crap on the 360 or somesuch. It's not a hack, it's not useful, it's really not anything. *yawn*

Move along, nothing to see here.....

Yes, sir.

AareDub
03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh, he didn't post the article...

My point is still valid though :p

alvarado52
03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
theres an article? In it it says the xbox controller was mapped to the buttons, so i assumed it was running or at least playable with the 360, or is he using the 360 controller on the PC?

AareDub
03-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll find the article. I think its basically playing in a java app that is being displayed through a browser on the 360. It's being controlled by a 360 controller, but I'm not sure if it's doing it on the pc or the xbox. I stopped reading after I was unimpressed by the first part :p

AareDub
03-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Here's what it is: an NES emulator running at "almost full speed" on the Xbox 360.

Here's how it works: this is accomplished by firing up a web browser-based Java emulator on a Windows Media Center PC and then streaming the content displayed in that web browser window via Microsoft's Media Center Extender software to the Xbox 360. It's not the 360 emulating the old games, it's the Media Center PC. The Xbox 360 simply displays whatever's going on in the browser back on the PC that's doing the emulating. Basically, any program that can be run in a browser on a Windows PC can be run on an Xbox 360 through this method.

Here's the current status: Forum users report varying degrees of success getting the application to work. There appear to be three issues.

1. The speed of the Windows Media Center PC is important, as running finicky, slow emulators at full speed requires faster PCs.
2. The connection between the Xbox 360 and the PC needs to be fast. Some users with suboptimal home networks report lag issues. Remember, this is basically remote control of a PC via an Xbox 360. Network speed is very important.
3. Sound isn't working yet, but Xexter and other programmers are surely hard at work on that issue.

D Mac
03-28-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm playing NES on my PSP at full speed.

Also SNES, Gameboy, and Sega Genesis.

So there.

Xero
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah? Well I'm playing Revolution games with my dick! So HA!

Bad Company
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.xbox-scene.com/

:)