PDA

View Full Version : Directing/producing film, WWE related

The Naitch
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Like say you went to school in Motion Pictures Production to study the whole aspect of film making etc.

Now after working in the movie industry for some time, would that give you an edge in possibly working as a writer for WWE? Or not?

I remember WWE.com saying something that they want a minimum of 2 years experience in media etc.

Now onto Vince Russo. How did he get his start with the WWF? I heard that during the steroid scandal, he was using this wrestler (who at the time was trying to bring down McMahon) to get his foot in the door.

Xero
03-27-2006, 10:55 PM
As far as Russo goes, I know that he began writing fantasy stuff for WWF magazine and Vince liked it so much that he promoted him to a real writer.

The Naitch
03-27-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah, I know that he started off working for WWE magazine

but before that. What was he doing as a career before he entered the WWE?

The Naitch
03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
actually, I searched some old threads and found some useful stuff. Something I'm getting into anyways.

I want to work in movies as a real career, as a foundation, but if the opportunity came up to write for WWE, I'd take it in a heart beat. It's probably more interesting than being a wrestler

The Naitch
03-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Qualified candidates should possess:

BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent

Minimum of three to five years writing and production experience in network television

Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus

Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus

Highly creative (a prolific idea generator)

Plugged into pop culture and trends

Able to work closely and effectively with talent, writers, and producers throughout the creative process

Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus

Must live in Stamford, CT area or be willing to relocate there

Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines

Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment

Flexible travel schedule (extensive travel required)

Taken from corporate.wwe.com

Xero
03-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines AND/OR Spongebob Squarepants

NeanderCarl
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
yeah, I know that he started off working for WWE magazine

but before that. What was he doing as a career before he entered the WWE?

He worked in a video store, and was also a wrestling journalist/radio show host.

NeanderCarl
03-27-2006, 11:13 PM
He also wrote for WWF under the names Janus, and Vic Venom.

Xero
03-27-2006, 11:14 PM
He was Vic Venom? I loved those columns...

NeanderCarl
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
He was Vic Venom? I loved those columns...

Yep, and I think he even appeared on an edition of WWF Live Wire under the gimmick, back when it was a live phone-in show, hosted by Todd Pettengill and Sunny. And he ripped into the WWF's current (1996) characters and storylines during his appearance.

Boondock Saint
03-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah I'm a film major but I mainly wanna write screenplays for movies/tv. But if an oppurtunity for WWE came up I'd def check it out. Sounds like it would be a fun job. Plus I would at least have actual knowledge of the industry (and check this place out).