PDA

View Full Version : Money in the Bank Commentary

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2006, 12:57 AM
So Joey Styles won't be calling RAW's matches at WrestleMania. I can sort of live with that. I don't see why they don't let him call the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, which could really use the fast-paced play-by-play announcing, though. It would give the other commentators a chance to prepare for later matches, plus it keeps Joey Styles as a functioning member of the announce team.

As for who would do colour. I was thinking Tazz, but then I thought that may not work out so well. The two could get side-tracked with ECW, etc. I was then thinking Josh Mathews, and while it could be good, I doubt the WWE would do it. Plus I think it would be nice if Joey Styles got his own entrance to the commentary booth (to "This is Extreme"), so why shouldn't the SmackDown! guy. That's when it hit me. I don't see why the WWE doesn't do this.

Joey Styles & Ken Kennedy. Sure, Kennedy isn't really a commentator, but he has to be involved in WrestleMania somewhere. You could even have him steal the briefcase for cheap heat at the end. He is still an upper-card wrestler, so it would make sense.

The only other option I would mark out for just as much is Chris Jericho or Bobby Heenan, but Heenan's voice isn't at its highest. Styles & Kennedy or Styles & Jericho for MITB; JR, King & Coach for RAW; Cole & Tazz for SD!.

Blitz
03-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Styles and Kennedy would be a definite mark out moment for me.

My god, when Lita was injured, they put her in the booth on Heat, but while Kennedy's injured they send him to OVW?

DaveWadding
03-30-2006, 01:46 AM
It'd be better if it were Joey Styles and Val Venis or some shitty midcarder that no one gives a fuck about (Doug Basham, Ken Doane etc.)...

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2006, 01:49 AM
It'd be better if it were Joey Styles and Val Venis or some shitty midcarder that no one gives a fuck about (Doug Basham, Ken Doane etc.)...

Why? Oh, is that another shitty shot at me being for talented guys getting pushed up the card?

Stickman
03-30-2006, 01:56 AM
styles has to be on the show so i think i like your idea.

DaveWadding
03-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Why? Oh, is that another shitty shot at me being for talented guys getting pushed up the card?

So that's what you call glorified jobber masturbation, eh?

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2006, 02:09 AM
So that's what you call glorified jobber masturbation, eh?

Val Venis = 2x WWE Intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion, European Champion

Doug Basham = Chris Benoit's near-equal in terms of wrestling ability, 2x WWE Tag Team Champion, last appearance was a submission win

Ken Doane = 19-year old with 6 years experience, has won matches against Shawn Michaels, Val Venis, Viscera & Eugene since debuting, lost against Shawn Michaels

Please explain how any of these guys are jobbers. Granted, you might have an arguement with Val Venis, as he is used to elevate guys, but calling Ken Doane a jobber is just you trying to ruffle feathers.

DaveWadding
03-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Val Venis = 2x WWE Intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion, European Champion

Doug Basham = Chris Benoit's near-equal in terms of wrestling ability, 2x WWE Tag Team Champion, last appearance was a submission win

Ken Doane = 19-year old with 6 years experience, has won matches against Shawn Michaels, Val Venis, Viscera & Eugene since debuting, lost against Shawn Michaels

Please explain how any of these guys are jobbers. Granted, you might have an arguement with Val Venis, as he is used to elevate guys, but calling Ken Doane a jobber is just you trying to ruffle feathers.

All Venis' title wins were like 6 fucking years ago. Give me a break.

So you like exaggerating huh? Basham is Benoit's "equal" :rofl: Okay. He is still a jobber. He wrestles on Heat and Velocity and NO ONE BUT YOU GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HIM.

Newsflash: ALL OF DOANE'S WINS CAME WHEN HE HAD LIKE 4 OTHER GUYS' HELP. The fact is I can not tell any of those fucking Spirit Squad queers you love so much apart. Except for Mitch and that's only because he doesnt wrestle. I watch the program every fucking week. HE IS A JOBBER.

Londoner
03-30-2006, 06:18 AM

So you like exaggerating huh? Basham is Benoit's "equal" :rofl: Okay. He is still a jobber. He wrestles on Heat and Velocity and NO ONE BUT YOU GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HIM.

Newsflash: ALL OF DOANE'S WINS CAME WHEN HE HAD LIKE 4 OTHER GUYS' HELP. The fact is I can not tell any of those fucking Spirit Squad queers you love so much apart. Except for Mitch and that's only because he doesnt wrestle. I watch the program every fucking week. HE IS A JOBBER.

Thank you.Finally someone shuts alienoid up about doug basham and all those other washed up jobbers.No offence alienoid but the wrestlers you mention i really couldn't give a damn about usually and I wouldn't even if WWE tried to make me care about them.

darkpower
03-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Thank you.Finally someone shuts alienoid up about doug basham and all those other washed up jobbers.No offence alienoid but the wrestlers you mention i really couldn't give a damn about usually and I wouldn't even if WWE tried to make me care about them.

It's not whether or not they are washed up as wrestlers. Thing is, how is their mic work? How much do they know? Enough to bring something to the commentating?

C'mon, I KNOW you people can think harder than THIS?! I know we get defensive sometimes, but we don't have any excuse to be this ignorant.

And by the way, the Bashams have been BURIED since being split. Before then, though, didn't they have a very heated and very well recieved feud in OVW?

Val Venus just gets buried period. The guy has talent, but it seems anyone that has talent in the WWE has to suck the cocks of HHH and Vince to get any TV time. We KNOW Val can work a mic better than half of the RAW roster.

Hell, not many thought of Tazz to have been able to make people who never seen his pre WWE days care about him once her got to the WWE. But now alot of people adore him doing color (regardless of what we think, people like his style).

Alienoid, you're actually pointing out good people.

But it still angers me that Joey Styles is being robbed out of doing a WM in favor of a fat slob that botches 3/4ths of the move names that he SHOULD get. It's likve Vince doesn't WANT any money made from this year's Mania.

darkpower
03-30-2006, 06:35 AM

Umm..does he still have talent? Why is he exactly on Heat? Maybe because Vince can't stand anyone who actually HAS "talent"?

Doesn't OVW or the Basham Brothers ring a bell to you. The guy wrestles on Heat (not Velocity, he's not a cross-brand talent, don't know WHY you said that show) because, simpily, the WWE has wanted to outright BURY the Bashams now that they have them apart on seperate shows. How CAN we give a fuck about them if we aren't allowed to SEE them on TV?

Londoner
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
It's not whether or not they are washed up as wrestlers. Thing is, how is their mic work? How much do they know? Enough to bring something to the commentating?

C'mon, I KNOW you people can think harder than THIS?! I know we get defensive sometimes, but we don't have any excuse to be this ignorant.

Interesting choice of words there.What exactly makes me ignorant?The fact that I disagree with you?And you seem to of started on one thing and moved to another in this paragraph.

And by the way, the Bashams have been BURIED since being split. Before then, though, didn't they have a very heated and very well recieved feud in OVW?

Val Venus just gets buried period. The guy has talent, but it seems anyone that has talent in the WWE has to suck the cocks of HHH and Vince to get any TV time. We KNOW Val can work a mic better than half of the RAW roster.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here.I don't have access to OVW so what they did there means nothing to me at the moment.And yes hey have been buried, but even when they wer etag champs, i really didn't care about them.They bored me.I agree Val Venis has talent,and could still be a decent IC champ, but he is past his best i think.He's basically a has been.

Alienoid, you're actually pointing out good people.

But it still angers me that Joey Styles is being robbed out of doing a WM in favor of a fat slob that botches 3/4ths of the move names that he SHOULD get. It's likve Vince doesn't WANT any money made from this year's Mania.

Alienoid maybe pointing out people with good wrestling talent, but you need more than that in 'sports entertainment'.

I agree with your opinion about Styles being left out of doing WM though.It makes no fucking sense.I probably wont be ordering Mania now due to this, if its any good ill buy it when it comes out.

TerranRich
03-30-2006, 11:34 AM
YEAH ALENIOD!! Teh only wrestlers worth watching ares teh Triple H, Big Show, and Jerry Lawler! Forget anybody who might have any future potential. They're just jobbers! If they haven't been World Champion 15 times by now, it's not becuse they're not being used right, it's because they suck and Jesus hates them!

I love how Alenoid has come up with great storyline ideas, time and time again, but when he suggests that certain wrestlers have great potential and might be the equals of others that have already achieved greatness, then he's suddenly an idiot. Please.

Mr. JL
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Sounds like typical WWE to me. Joey Styles saves their ass after they fire Jim Ross and burn the bridge (temporarily), and are unable to secure that Mike Goldberg guy and have no commentator.

Then the biggest show of the year approaches (and likely the biggest pay day) then they say fuck you.

Volare
03-30-2006, 12:52 PM
i know what im doing..i'm watching WM then im gonna mute the TV and do my own fuckin commentary

I wont be denied!! I Will Do Commentary for a WM!!

or dream that i can:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
04-01-2006, 01:29 AM

Wins are wins. A jobber is someone who constantly lays down for other talent. It doesn't matter where they wrestle. Val Venis has actually gotten some nice wins in the past. He may not be "OMG! main ewent winenr!" but he does win matches occasionally. Technically, not a jobber.

Newsflash: THE WWE IS USING THEM AS A STABLE TO SLOWLY INTERJECT THEM INTO THE MAIN EVENT SCENE AS MAINSTAYS WITHOUT TURNING THE ROSTER INTO "JOBBERS" TO PUT THEM OVER. Personally, I hate the gimmick, the only useful part of it is that they get to use a trampoline occasionally. Let me get this straight, because DaveWadding cannot tell a group of guys apart they are jobbers? Stop the world, DaveWadding can't tell the different between a train and a tram, they MUST be the same thing! Re-write the dictionaries! You do know a jobber loses matches, right? Ken Doane's win-loss record suggests he is not a jobber. The guy has consistently been on RAW, a lot of the time winning matches. HE'S NOT A JOBBER.

Doug Basham is NOT A JOBBER. The guy hasn't even fucking appeared in months, and when he has appeared, he has won all his matches. Nothing outstanding, but still, a jobber loses don't they? As soon as Doug Basham, you know, returns to the roster full-time, he might start being used and winning matches on SmackDown! and PPV. Until that day, you only have precedent to go by. If Doug Basham is a jobber, and Doug Basham has beaten Eddie Guerrero, what does that make Eddie Guerrero? I don't get your logic. I think you've been using the wrong word to back up your opinion.

It's OK to claim that you don't like the guys, or haven't been made to care about them, but please don't slap around incorrect terms to try and enhance your opinion. Val Venis is the closest to a jobber there, as he has lost every match he has had on RAW since he beat Triple H a few months back. They appear to be playing out an injury angle with him, so they might have plans to push him. Plans to push + actually having won quite a few matches in your career = not a jobber. Feel free to try and correct me. Maybe I do have the definition of a jobber misunderstood.

TerranRich
04-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Most guys think that a jobber is someone who doesn't appear all that much and isn't in the main event scene.

According to 99.9999% of the sources I've known, to job means to lose consistently, for the sole purpose of putting over other talent, without a single push of your own, at all. The nameless guys that lost in squash matches in the early 90's RAW matches, were jobbers (JTTS, jobbers to the stars, actually). Doug Basham, Val Venis, and Ken Doane are not jobbers. Because they don't job.

Flair Wooo
04-02-2006, 10:38 AM
basham is benoits equal:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2006, 10:55 AM
basham is benoits equal:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I didn't say equal, I simply compared them in terms of wrestling ability. Chris Benoit has said Basham comes close to him in terms of ability himself.

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Most guys think that a jobber is someone who doesn't appear all that much and isn't in the main event scene.

According to 99.9999% of the sources I've known, to job means to lose consistently, for the sole purpose of putting over other talent, without a single push of your own, at all. The nameless guys that lost in squash matches in the early 90's RAW matches, were jobbers (JTTS, jobbers to the stars, actually). Doug Basham, Val Venis, and Ken Doane are not jobbers. Because they don't job.

Once again proving your greatness.

Xero
04-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Now Alienoid, you know that's a rumor unless you saw it on WWE.com.

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Now Alienoid, you know that's a rumor unless you saw it on WWE.com.

LOL!

Even if he has the talent, he's lazy and not INNOVATIVE enough to show it in the WWE.

Skippord
04-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Do you people know who is not a jobber FINLAY he is a fighting Irish bastard

just dont say it to his face

Ok I couldnt think of something better to say

NeanderCarl
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM

They are the modern equivelant of jobbers, a/k/a "glorified jobbers".

In a day and age when "squash matches" are no longer acceptable to the viewing audience, the WWE has simply evolved them, so that today's "jobbers" are simply lower-card guys, who have their own personalities and are under contract, and who do get occasional wins over their "own" but rarely register wins over the "big stars".

Simply put, the Heat/Velocity crew and various others are, for the most part, modern day "jobbers". Unfortunately, that includes the likes of Venis, Eugene, the Bashams, Viscera and Tatanka. They get their moments of "glory" but you'll never see them go over the likes of HHH, Michaels, Flair et al.