PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE/WH Champions (Spoilers)

Nark Order
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
I was just looking at the current WWE roster... Isn't this getting a bit ridiculous? Look how many former Champions there are now. Is the belt getting diluted of its credibility?

Angle
Trips
Kane
Big Show
Jericho
Undertaker
Vince McMahon
Benoit
JBL
Mysterio
Cena
Edge
Eddie G
Orton
HBK
Batista
Austin

And if you weren't counting guys on the current roster that won one of the belts in the past 5 years you could aso include:
The Rock
Goldberg
Lesnar
Hogan

dablackguy
04-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes.

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
CONVERSELY, no.

Rob
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Eddie Guerrero certainly isn't on the current roster.

Neither are Jericho or Austin.

To compare this credibility thing.

Since 1997, WWE have had 24 world champions in a 9 year period and that includes having 2 separate world titles for the last few years.

UFC since 1997, have had 15 different world champions in the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions (use those two to make a fair comparison for 2 world titles in the fed).

UFC have less world title fights and don't book their own champions and in the same time period (actually a bit less since I counted from January 1st 1997 for WWE and there was no light heavy title until December 21 1997 and heavyweight title until February 7) and only have 9 less world champions and nobody talks about how their titles lack any credibility.

And in the boxing world, using the big 4 bodies, there have been 15 world champions since Janaury 1, 1997 and EVERYONE talks about how certain titles have no credibility. Only 3 out of that 15 (Lewis, Holyfield and Moorer) had any legit credibility.

In short, number of champions means dick.

Xero
04-03-2006, 05:03 PM
You can't compare something like the UFC or Boxing to Wrestling....

The former two are fake. :roll:

parkmania
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
In a way, it can also be seen as parity. Noone is so head-and-shoulders above everyone else, so anyone on the roster could win the title if given a shot and has a good day.

RP
04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I blame Triple H and Lita botching something..

Corkscrewed
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, that's why Cena's effectively held the title for the past year.