PDA

View Full Version : Well that didn't last long...*Wrestlemania Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
WWE.com has announced that Rey Mysterio will defend his title this Friday on Smackdown against Randy Orton. This will be Mysterio's first title defense since winning the Championship last night at WrestleMania 22.

Could we see a short Mysterio reign?

LK
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
One can only hope...

St. Jimmy
04-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Could we see a short Mysterio reign?

oh, look, a pun! :naughty:

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
One can only hope...

Flair Wooo
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
One can only hope...

Nark Order
04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
LOL!!!! I swear smark fans are the biggest flip-floppers ever. When did this sudden hatred for Mysterio spawn?

Mr. JL
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
When he milked Eddie Guerrero's death and the WWE turned it into a push.

Xero
04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
LOL!!!! I swear smark fans are the biggest flip-floppers ever. When did this sudden hatred for Mysterio spawn?
I've ALWAYS been against Mysterio's win at Mania.

Fucking midgets don't belong in a WrestleMania main event.

Fox
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
He didn't fuck anybody. He just won the World Title.

Jesus, what were you watching?

McLegend
04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah I mean get why people dislike him cause of the whole Eddie situtation, but everyone now thinks hes all around terrible.

Innovator
04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Rey deserved the win, Eddie milking or not. He's been a constant since '95 when everyone in the US first saw him.

Xero
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
He didn't fuck anybody. He just won the World Title.

Jesus, what were you watching?
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/2440326
He's getting a bit too "close" to the title there if you ask me... :shifty:

Xero
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Rey deserved the win, Eddie milking or not. He's been a constant since '95 when everyone in the US first saw him.
Did he deserve it? Yes.

Eddie was a HUGE fucking part of it. Rey would NOT have main evented this year had Eddie not passed away. If they waited until next year's WrestleMania and had a proper buildup, I would have said that he deserved the main event spot and win. But not this way, no.

He's a sell-out and should not be holding that title.

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM

LOL.

I swear, people who think this is coming out of nowhere are some of the dumbest fucking people online!

Rob
04-03-2006, 05:02 PM
He deserves the title but by milking Eddie's death, all he managed to do was ruin his own moment. It could have, and should have been a far better moment for him and it was dead. Look at the reaction when Eddie won the title and compare it. He could have had the same reaction and they blew it.

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Did he deserve it? Yes.

Eddie was a HUGE fucking part of it. Rey would NOT have main evented this year had Eddie not passed away. If they waited until next year's WrestleMania and had a proper buildup, I would have said that he deserved the main event spot and win. But not this way, no.

He's a sell-out and should not be holding that title.

And a lot of Eddie fans still didn't buy him as main-event material ANYWAY. I mean, seriously. I like Rey (Or I did before he started milking his dead "brother" for a push), but I can't buy him as a HEavweight hcamp. He may have deserved it, btu not like this, and never credibly...

Skippord
04-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I really want Benoit to make a heel turn and beat the shit out of Rey for milking Eddies death and then take the title

Corkscrewed
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
The problem with Rey is that it totally looks like he won because of Eddie. Even from a mark's point of view, Rey lacks cred. He's in JBL's position in that he's now a champ who most people don't buy.

If he loses it to Orton, he'll be even less of a credible figure. However, if they get him out of Eddie's shadow and build him up to be a guy who just finds ways to take you down and out, he CAN be credible. Look at his match against Finlay last SmackDOWN and how he looked very methodical in his attack. If he keeps stuff like that up, he can be looked upon as a believable champ.

JH
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Rey deserved the title and i hope they dont take it off of him on Smackdown cause everybody knows Rey can work with anybody and i would love to see him and Angle headline the next Smackdown PPV

James Steele
04-03-2006, 05:49 PM
:lol:

He is facing Randy Orton on FNSD! this week. It might just be a quick reign. However, I will vomit if Orton wins the fucking title.

V
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Fucking midgets don't belong in a WrestleMania main event.
rey mysterio is my height :(

SuperSlim
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM

after his third match in WWE I was tired of Mysteroi. Could no long find what made him so good so there is flip floppin or bandwagon hoppin here.

But really, the shorter the reign the better.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I will literally get down on my knees and cry to the heavens above in happiness when he loses it. I've never liked Rey at ALL (personally speaking, of course), so naturally when he won last night, I was irate. Furthered by Triple H losing, this PPV was bittersweet for me.

Seriously, Orton, Angle, Benoit, JBL, somebody. Get. The. Fucking. Belt. Off. Of. Rey.

Xero
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM
rey mysterio is my height :(
You don't go around kissing inanimate objects, do you? :shifty:

Londoner
04-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I really want Benoit to make a heel turn and beat the shit out of Rey for milking Eddies death and then take the title

I actually like that idea.

But I think people who are saying Reys short so he shouldn't win the title(which some people have been saying) are being retarded.If he's talented enough then he's tall enough imo.Though i agree like many others that the way hes won it just doesn't feel right.I think he's earnt it, but it should'nt of happened this way.Maybe he thought he may never get a chance to main event at WM again so he had to agree to it.Vicki/Chavo seemed fine with it so i don't think there's too much problem.

Imagine you were in Reys situation though.You're his height, you've worked all your life to get to this point and you know that because of your height you've got to do anything you can to get the oppotunity to main event at WM.Wouldn't you agree to this storyline?I'm sure he asked Vicki/Chavo about it first before agreeing to it.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I think the problem with how Rey Mysterio won the belt, was that it was so damn predictable. Anyone could see it coming. Rey wasn't an "underdog" heading into WrestleMania, he was the favourite. The WWE fucked it up big time (puns rule).

If the match was under 3-Way Dance rules (seeing how short and un-epic the match was, this probably would have been better), there may have been some doubt that Mysterio was going to win when he pinned Randy Orton. Some fans may have been surprised if Mysterio pinned both his opponents. May have gotten the job done a bit better.

Randy Orton should not take the belt from Mysterio. I have a feeling this will be a match that the WWE will attempt to use to get the fans behind Mysterio again. I then see an Eddie Guerrero Tribute Match between Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit the next week, a match against US Champion JBL the next and then Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle at Judgment Day. I have a feeling they will use the "Fighting Champion" excuse to have all the "Mysterio as Champion" dream matches done in a span of a few weeks before shifting the title to a more favourable Champion.

My gut feeling is that when Judgment Day goes off the air, Kurt Angle will be two-time World Heavyweight Champion.

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Wrestling is all about predictability. Surprises are often bad. Why do you think they so often stick to the formula that, whoever gets the upper hand the night/show before the PPV loses?

You folks are smarter than this. Wrestling is horribly predictable, and it's all about fulfillment. The problem is, Rey's win should have been an orgasm. Instead, it was a kick to the balls just as you're about to shoot...

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Wrestling is all about predictability. Surprises are often bad. Why do you think they so often stick to the formula that, whoever gets the upper hand the night/show before the PPV loses?

You folks are smarter than this. Wrestling is horribly predictable, and it's all about fulfillment. The problem is, Rey's win should have been an orgasm. Instead, it was a kick to the balls just as you're about to shoot...

Predictability can be good, but the three year olds in the crowd new it was coming. The fans cheering Mysterio would have made it all the much better, but the fact that we had no reason to cheer Rey fucked that idea up pretty bad.

Kane Knight
04-03-2006, 10:52 PM
But that's exactly what I'm saying.

It's not that it was predictable, it's that we were given no reason to care, to cheer him, to want him to win. It's not that we saw it coming, it was our indifference to the result because we didn't like the idea/care/whatever.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2006, 11:34 PM
But that's exactly what I'm saying.

It's not that it was predictable, it's that we were given no reason to care, to cheer him, to want him to win. It's not that we saw it coming, it was our indifference to the result because we didn't like the idea/care/whatever.

That is true. I do think that the result being telegraphed from a mile away made the fans "anti-Mysterio" (because they didn't want the result, and knew it was coming), which took away from the moment. Had Randy Orton won, fans may not have wanted to see Orton win, but the result would have probably been better received because it was not as expected.

I believe predictability allows apathetic fans to get ahead of the result and boo it before it happens. Not caring can still go a fair way to getting a "Oh OK, he did it, we should be polite" if the result is unpredictable. When the fans don't care and can taste it coming, it tends to be a bit insulting when the WWE goes through with it. Unpredictability all the time would be awful (please Tipsters would be ruined), but I think predictability and apathy work together to really turn the crowd against someone.

Not caring is probably the main factor, though, and if the WWE could just get its fans to care, maybe top talent wouldn't be as poorly received.

rko4life
04-04-2006, 01:39 AM
rey should lose. I can just tell he will be a stupid champ, and the title is HEAVYWEIGHT championship.. Hes bloody crusier weight... jesus

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2006, 02:33 AM
rey should lose. I can just tell he will be a stupid champ, and the title is HEAVYWEIGHT championship.. Hes bloody crusier weight... jesus

So? Technically Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho could be classified as cruiserweights. Size should have nothing to do with winning a World Championship. Hopefully this opens the door to more smaller men winning the big gold (namely Paul London, Brian Kendrick and Jamie Noble).

Mysterio could be a fine Champ, but if they make him into a sympathetic "I can't believe he did it again!" babyface, it could suck ass.

A title change on SmackDown! could actually be good, though. The WWE is under closer eye because of WrestleMania, so if they can make their product exciting, they could increase their fanbase.

I know the WWE would have forgotten about this by now, but Booker T owes Randy Orton a favour, doesn't he? Have Orton cash in that favour, and have Booker cost Mysterio the match. Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio at Judgment Day, taking the slow build with Rey Mysterio they should have taken in the first place.

Kurt Angle goes to cash in his rematch, but Randy Orton protests that since Mysterio beat Angle, the rematch clause is worthless against Randy Orton. Angle is pissed off, and has to re-earn his title shot. He does that with little hassle and we get Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle at Judgment Day. Maybe add that to a TLC Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship and Chris Benoit vs. Paul Burchill for the WWE United States Championship (have Benoit win it back on SmackDown! in a Steel Cage Rematch) and you have yourself a pretty decent JD card.

Kane Knight
04-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Rey's three feet tall and fifty pounds soaking wet. Jericho and Eddie are both larger (and more believable) champs.

V
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
rey mysterio is EXACTLY my height

stop implying i am not a credible champ!!!!! i am the most credible champion ever.

redoneja
04-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Better Mysterio than Orton. Period.

John la Rock
04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Angle should have won at Mania. It's funny how both World Titles have absoluelty no credibility

Kane Knight
04-04-2006, 01:41 PM
rey mysterio is EXACTLY my height

stop implying i am not a credible champ!!!!! i am the most credible champion ever.

You're right. When the Juniors have a championship...

Time to KKK someone...

Better Orton than Mysterio. Period.

Fix'd

Londoner
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Angle should have won at Mania.

:y:

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Angle should have won at Mania.

:y:

PureHatred
04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
I think its funny that it seem slike the WWE expected a big emotional outpouring afte Rey's win and all they got was a whole lot of :|

I don't however think its a horrible idea for him to have the belt. He probably has a couple of entertaining defenses in him and then the strp can go back to someone like Angle or Benoit or Batista. By May, probably.

Basically I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over a transitional reign.

redoneja
04-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing JBL get another title reign. Not as long as his last one. Maybe from The Great American Bash to Survivor Series, or No Mercy to the Rumble. I would laugh my ass off to see Mysterio springboard in the ring for a West Coast Pop, only to get hit with the Clothesline from Hell.