PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Rey pushed far beyond the limit

shane warne
04-05-2006, 05:49 AM
I am watching Rey since 2003, he can jump like a monkey everywhere in the ring but his resistance power seems to be really low. I saw his match with Brock where he applies the 619 from behind and Brock reacts like he has been hit by a bulldozer. I think even torrie's pet could have walked out of it. Rey was after the Cruiser belt since I saw him. Guys like Chavo and Mike dudley have scored pinfall victories over him. I do think Eddie's death is responsible for his rise. At this year's Mania he never pinned Angle to claim the big gold belt.

Chavo Classic
04-05-2006, 06:11 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Eddie's death has a lot to do with the strap being put on Rey at Mania.

Blitz
04-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Mike Dudley

Chavo Classic
04-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Big Dick's real name

Cuzziebro
04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
I call spam.

D Mac
04-05-2006, 07:28 AM
It won't last long.

Pinnacle Charisma
04-05-2006, 08:46 AM
ROFL at your name

The real Shane Warne would be vommiting reading your crap

Kane Knight
04-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Rey's always been a fan favorite.

Team Sheep
04-05-2006, 01:39 PM
ASHES!! :p

Xero
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Big Dick's real name
What? Big Dick's real name is Richard Dudley. :wtf:

The Heat
04-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Rey is being pushed as an Eddie Guerrero substitute[which is a bad basis for a title run].

I'm not saying Mysterio hasn't gotten talent. He's a human-highlight reel with his amazing in-ring ability. His mic skills are mediocre and need serious honing.

Beyond limit? Maybe. But, SmackDown needs a main-eventer who can freshen up the main-event scene. Mysterio could do it. I'm really saving judgement until I've actually seen what he can do as WH Champ. I think it's evident that they are basing Mysterio's run off of Guerrero's death. That's kinda like using his death for Mysterio's career profit. But, I guess if the Guerrero family agrees with it, go for it;

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Rey Mysterio is just going to get booed and booed more unless they have someone address the fact that Rey used Eddie Guerrero's name. A returing Chavo Guerrero is as good as anyone.

Have him come back to SmackDown! and say that he is sick and tired of pleasing the fans and being nice to Eddie Guerrero's friends. You are not his family, Rey. You used Eddie's career and life as a substitute for your own ability and now I am going to avenge Eddie and get the belt back on a real Guerrero.

Mysterio needs to prove he can do things by himself. Just dropping mention of Eddie Guerrero isn't going to do it, either. Wrestling good matches will. The WWE should just get Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio to wrestle a series on SmackDown! (maybe even swap the title around a bit). If the fans don't start cheering Rey more, then go with something like the Chavo idea.

St. Jimmy
04-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Rey Mysterio is just going to get booed and booed more unless they have someone address the fact that Rey used Eddie Guerrero's name. A returing Chavo Guerrero is as good as anyone.

Have him come back to SmackDown! and say that he is sick and tired of pleasing the fans and being nice to Eddie Guerrero's friends. You are not his family, Rey. You used Eddie's career and life as a substitute for your own ability and now I am going to avenge Eddie and get the belt back on a real Guerrero.

Mysterio needs to prove he can do things by himself. Just dropping mention of Eddie Guerrero isn't going to do it, either. Wrestling good matches will. The WWE should just get Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio to wrestle a series on SmackDown! (maybe even swap the title around a bit). If the fans don't start cheering Rey more, then go with something like the Chavo idea.

as much as that is the logical idea, it's time to get away from Exploiting Eddie.

CharismaInjection
04-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Rey was recieving a push before Eddie's death as he had spent all of 2005 defeating the likes of JBL, Christian and Eddie himself.

Eddie's death just accelerated something I believe would've happened in the future anyway.

Chavo Classic
04-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Rey was recieving a push before Eddie's death as he had spent all of 2005 defeating the likes of JBL, Christian and Eddie himself.

Eddie's death just accelerated something I believe would've happened in the future anyway.

As was Benoit, but the difference between the two is that Rey's push was not been accelerated but actually taken up a whole new level by Eddie's death. Although the WWE was always keen on Rey, there is absolutely no way that he would have ever been heavyweight champion without riding this crest.