PDA

View Full Version : Brock lesnar

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 06:57 AM
wouldnt it be great if wwe brought lesnar back and he showed up unannounced on raw and f5'd cena's ass.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Eh, it would be OK, I guess.

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 07:57 AM
seriously though, everone expects triple h to win it. and everyone is definetly sick of cena, especially of his wrestling. This big monster comes back and kicks the crap out of him

Volare
04-08-2006, 08:26 AM
god let ANYONE kick the crap out of cena

V
04-08-2006, 08:43 AM
that is like the shortest post you have ever made

SammyG
04-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Vince: Close this Thread! Close this damn thread!

Hired Hitman
04-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Don't be hatin' on a playa.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 09:42 AM
that is like the shortest post you have ever made

By like 500 words.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
seriously though, everone expects triple h to win it. and everyone is definetly sick of cena, especially of his wrestling. This big monster comes back and kicks the crap out of him

I was a pretty big fan of the babyface machine, but LEsnar's not going to be handed a title coming back into the WWE. Not after they pushed him to the moon and he left, sued them, and went to Japan.

D Mac
04-08-2006, 10:02 AM
If it brings ratings and money to Vince, I'm sure he would do it.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:07 AM
If it brings ratings and money to Vince, I'm sure he would do it.

You sure he's gonna risk Lesnar jumping ship? Especially with how dead the crowd was for the Lesnar/Goldberg Mania match, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Shit. You win. I was assuming Vince paid attention the product. Clearly he doesn't. :D

D Mac
04-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Hell, one of the Spirit Squad could come in and kick Cena's ass and probably get cheered. :D

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Hell, one of the Spirit Squad could come in and kick Cena's ass and probably get cheered. :D

By KK.

Enthusiastically.

With much pants wetting.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I think Hitler could lay out Cena and get a pretty sizable pop.

Wait...Wait...We saw him do that right before Mania. ;)

Impact!
04-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Hell, Mark Henry could come in and kick Cena's ass and probably get cheered. :D

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I think LAshley should do it though. Wrong show, I know, but come on, finally we could see a REAL black man represent. ;)

Impact!
04-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Lashley doesn't have a black voice though, he's got a wigger voice.

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
vince would bring brock back in a hearbeat. he knows the attention it would get. 90% of people would love to see him back and he couldnt risk him going to tna either. Anyone to get rid of cena though

Xero
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Sorry, but at this point Hunter HAS to win it.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Hunter is the only one, as a heel, who can take it off Cena and make it look credible.

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
hunter needs to turn face. id like to see someone else take it from cena and then have hunter turn and feud with them. Maybe if a brock lesnar situation happened, have him come in and attack hunter(making him heel and hunter face) and then go for cena. Then have hunter come back to face brock. does anyone know if brock or wwe wants to work together ? or is tna more likely?

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:49 AM
vince would bring brock back in a hearbeat. he knows the attention it would get. 90% of people would love to see him back and he couldnt risk him going to tna either. Anyone to get rid of cena though

If Vince would bring him back in a heartbeat, why did talks fall through once already? Sorry to bring logic to a fanboy rant, but really. 90% of people wouldn't love to see him back. Maybe 60%. and the Risk of him going to TNA? Minimal.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 10:52 AM
hunter needs to turn face.

Yeah. Let's kill off WWE's only credible heel.

Xero
04-08-2006, 10:57 AM
IF Lesnar DID go to TNA, though, and ignored all of his contractual obligations which he has broken already, he could be their biggest star, seriously. He could bring a huge blow to the WWE.

It's unlikely, but Lesnar could be a huge moneymaker for TNA.

SuperSlim
04-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I think LAshley should do it though. Wrong show, I know, but come on, finally we could see a REAL black man represent. ;)

Lashley ain't black... is he?

Savio
04-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Is this LC?

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 12:07 PM
IF Lesnar DID go to TNA, though, and ignored all of his contractual obligations which he has broken already, he could be their biggest star, seriously. He could bring a huge blow to the WWE.

It's unlikely, but Lesnar could be a huge moneymaker for TNA.

He could also find himself totally dead in the water, financially.

Courts are very unwilling to rule against Brock for performing in Japan. Courts will be a lot more willing to lynch him for this. WWE could sue for "damages" caused by Lesnar in TNA, meaning punitive fees could be in the millions, even if such fees are unfeasible.

Xero
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
That's why I said it was unlikely. I'm just saying that if he got away with it he'd be a huge moneymaker.

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 12:36 PM
If Vince would bring him back in a heartbeat, why did talks fall through once already? Sorry to bring logic to a fanboy rant, but really. 90% of people wouldn't love to see him back. Maybe 60%. and the Risk of him going to TNA? Minimal.

talks probably broke down because neither side wants to compromise. And if he did go to tna, he woulb be good business for them. A main eventer who is credible, can wrestle, and is a power house on top of that. and is still young.

Bret Hart
04-08-2006, 12:38 PM
He could also find himself totally dead in the water, financially.

Courts are very unwilling to rule against Brock for performing in Japan. Courts will be a lot more willing to lynch him for this. WWE could sue for "damages" caused by Lesnar in TNA, meaning punitive fees could be in the millions, even if such fees are unfeasible.

waht exactly were the clauses in his release from wwe? he wants to be back there, i think wwe want him back. but vince also wants to show that he is in control and thats why it probably aint happening

Shadow
04-08-2006, 12:58 PM
.............Vermaat?

Xero
04-08-2006, 01:03 PM
waht exactly were the clauses in his release from wwe? he wants to be back there, i think wwe want him back. but vince also wants to show that he is in control and thats why it probably aint happening
Brock doesn't want back. Brock sued them.

The clause was that since he signed his release he couldn't wrestle/fight in the MMA, Boxing (I think), or any other wrestling/fighting organization until 2009.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 01:16 PM
talks probably broke down because neither side wants to compromise.

Right. He didn't take him in a heartbeat. YOU LOSE.

Jaton
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM

Whoa. No random scenario where Paul London becomes world champion? No Val Venis? NO BASHAMS!? :eek:

Xero
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Whoa. No random scenario where Paul London becomes world champion? No Val Venis? NO BASHAMS!? :eek:
Brock Lesnar returns as God! No, this will be good! You see, he comes out as God and wrestles Vince to a 6 star match. Then Brock will go on to wrestle every person on the roster to a 5 star match and he becomes the WWE champion and falls down exiting the ring, losing his championship to... Get this... A STEEL CHAIR!

The chair has the longest title run in history and is considered to be Kurt Angle's superior.

JH
04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
personally i think if Brock came back then Vince should just feed him to Lashley and Batista and that would bring some ratings for Smackdown

i dont think Brock could really take Lashley in a pure wrestling match and when it comes to strength Batista would destroy Brock

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Brock Lesnar returns as God! No, this will be good! You see, he comes out as God and wrestles Vince to a 6 star match. Then Brock will go on to wrestle every person on the roster to a 5 star match and he becomes the WWE champion and falls down exiting the ring, losing his championship to... Get this... AN INANIMATE CARBON ROD!

The rod has the longest title run in history and is considered to be Kurt Angle's superior.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
And Wow. Alienoid's really getting raped for his sagas now. :lol:

The One
04-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Brock's contract said he can't be a part of any company that might be viewed as a threat to WWE...which includes, as previously mentioned, any fight sport, or any wrestling promotion that might have a chance to hurt WWE's image and or ratings until 2010. Brock Lesnar filled a lawsuit against Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment to have the no-compete clause removed from his contract in February of 2005. Then in July of 2005 Brock Lesnar met with Vince McMahon to try and work out a deal to resign him. Brock was reported asking for a contract that made Hogan's WCW contract look like Funaki's. Vince more or less told him to get the hell out of his office. The lawsuit when to court and somehow, someone, somehwere convinced a judge that competing in Japan possed no threat to WWE. Which is true, just shocking that he was able to get the thumbs up on it. So Brock went to Japan, has wrestled and won the IWGP Title at a NJPW PPV event. Vince McMahon then tried in early December of 2005 to have the courts at least temporarly prevent Brock Lesnar from competing in Japan, when he realised in late December he really didn't have a chance of convincing the judge to chance his mind, he withdrew his counter suit.

Yeah, sure sounds like McMahon and Lesnar are just seconds away from a long embrace and a nice fat juicy contract being handed out.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
And Wow. Alienoid's really getting raped for his sagas now. :lol:

My sagas are still better than 80% of the stuff WWE produces. :p

Besides, I am honoured to go through rape if Paul London has to endure the same on SmackDown!.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Nah, I usually try to limit by talented lower-card guy love to open-ended scenarios were people are asking for suggestions for talent that could play a certain role. Doug Basham as mid-card stable member; Paul London as random challenger for a title belt as a chance to show off some ability;Val Venis as a possible candidate for WWE Champion if they changed his gimmick, let him wrestle and got serious about using him again.

Brock Lesnar returning is something pretty shut to out there suggestions on how to use talent.

Kane Knight
04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
My sagas are still better than 80% of the stuff WWE produces. :p

No offense, but that's like saying "I've killed fewer JEws than Hitler" or "Our torture isn't as bad as Saddam Hussein's."

Really, better than WWE isn't saying much.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2006, 01:44 AM
No offense, but that's like saying "I've killed fewer JEws than Hitler" or "Our torture isn't as bad as Saddam Hussein's."

Really, better than WWE isn't saying much.

Better than TNA?

Better than...shit, I think that's it. :(

Mainstream wrestling sucks at the moment.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Nah, I kinda like TNA. They need more time to make their shows really work and stick in the minds of viewers.

BTW, Australia's getting them from May onwards. I know instead of ordering WWE PPVs (which I am ashamed to say that I do), I'll be ordering some TNA goodness.

In a perfect world Brock Lesnar, The Rock & Chris Jericho would all make appearances for TNA and really threaten the WWE's position as the top promotion in the world.

Impact!
04-09-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm gonna be ordering the TNA PPV's to :love:

And I'm still not sure why your all giving Alienoid so much shit atm.

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Nah, I kinda like TNA. They need more time to make their shows really work and stick in the minds of viewers.

BTW, Australia's getting them from May onwards. I know instead of ordering WWE PPVs (which I am ashamed to say that I do), I'll be ordering some TNA goodness.

In a perfect world Brock Lesnar, The Rock & Chris Jericho would all make appearances for TNA and really threaten the WWE's position as the top promotion in the world.

TNA is hit or miss, but it's still got a lot WWE doesn't.

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Brock and Goldberg are the same. Both showed up as a monster, handed the world and asked "is that all"? They both got too much too soon which in turn made their ego's the size of texas. Thinking they were above the wrestling world they turned their back on it. Only to realise they suck at everything else and then come crawling back asking for more money than Bill Gates. Warrior also fits in here too. I hope Brock doesn't come back. If he does I want Vince to make him a laughing stock like Big Show loosing to everyone on the roster.

Xero
04-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Brock and Goldberg are the same.
Except for the fact that Brock can actually, you know, "wrestle"...

And I'm not talking about amateur wrestling, either...

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Except for the fact that Brock can actually, you know, "wrestle"...

And I'm not talking about amateur wrestling, either...

because good workers carried BOTH Brock and Goldberg. Brock couldn't wrestle but all the top guys put him over. This was apparant at wm xx. neither had a good worker to put them over hence the most disappointing match in wm history. goldberg had all of wcw put him over. his best matches were aginst veterans that made him look awesome, same goes for brock. how could he "wrestle" better than goldberg? because he could botch a shooting star? the jackhammer was a more awe-inspiring move than the f-5. seeing the Giant getting jackhammered was worth a lot more than getting f-5'd.

PureHatred
04-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Brock and Goldberg are the same. Both showed up as a monster, handed the world and asked "is that all"? They both got too much too soon which in turn made their ego's the size of texas. Thinking they were above the wrestling world they turned their back on it.

because good workers carried BOTH Brock and Goldberg. Brock couldn't wrestle but all the top guys put him over. This was apparant at wm xx. neither had a good worker to put them over hence the most disappointing match in wm history.

There's a lot wrong with these statements.

First off, in Goldberg's defense, he didn't just get a shitty attitiude overnight. In WCW, he developed his attitude over the course of months and months of shitty booking and backstage politics that ended up turning pretty much everyone in the company into a bunch of petty assholes. Nobody wanted to be there, and it seemed like the writers were going out of their way to bury EVERYONE. From all accounts, he was actually a pretty decent guy until he realized that people like Nash & Hogan were cutting his legs out from under him; in a situation where its every man for himself, of course you're going to become selfish.

In WWE, he was misused. Badly. Now whether or not the WWE should've signed him in the first place might be a question, but its obvious that for whatever reason, they decided to bury him pretty much as soon as he got out the gate. Once again, he developed the bad attitude after dealing with backstage politics.

Brock did indeed get too much too soon and his attitiude and delusions of being in the NFL were prett ridiculous, but your ideas of his ring work are way off. He had good programs with John Cena and Big Show; neither man can really carry anyone. He consistently got the Undertaker's best stuff; not even 'name' wrestlers can get Mark to step it up these days.

And even if you want to say that he got carried to great matches by Eddie, Angle, and Benoit, etc...the fact that he can be taken to that level and can actually go move for move with that level of talent puts him years ahead of most American 'monster' type wrestlers. Lesnar was a huge talent. A complete dickhead, but a huge talent.

As for the last match at WM XX, the fact that you would even bring that up as an example of either man's work is pretty stupid. Neither were giving any kind of effort whatsoever, neither were coming back to the company so they didn't give a shit, and Goldberg hadn't even been on TV in weeks.

Its an example of their attitude and professionalism, but its in no way an example of their ring work. So saying that match was shitty because no one was there to carry the match was just dumb. The match was shitty because they made no effort. Prett obvious.

Pete
04-09-2006, 02:24 PM
How the fuck does a five year no compete clause fly in legal terms? Surely it curtails the guys ability to feed his family? Or would have at least if he hadn't gone to Japan

Xero
04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
How the fuck does a five year no compete clause fly in legal terms? Surely it curtails the guys ability to feed his family? Or would have at least if he hadn't gone to Japan
He signed it. He figured he was going to be in the NFL.

Apparently he never thought of freezing the contract. That way, he would have still been signed to the WWE, but he would be losing whatever money he would have made those years he was out.

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 03:41 PM
because good workers carried BOTH Brock and Goldberg. Brock couldn't wrestle but all the top guys put him over. This was apparant at wm xx. neither had a good worker to put them over hence the most disappointing match in wm history. goldberg had all of wcw put him over. his best matches were aginst veterans that made him look awesome, same goes for brock. how could he "wrestle" better than goldberg? because he could botch a shooting star? the jackhammer was a more awe-inspiring move than the f-5. seeing the Giant getting jackhammered was worth a lot more than getting f-5'd.

Brock could be amazing in the ring. He was not only talented technically, but fast and agile. Had he not nearly killed himself with that botch at Mania, people'd be worshipping his ass for that AMAZING spot.

I will, however, give you the finishers argument, with one exception. Seeing Brock F-% someone big owns the jackhammer on someone big.

He's agile, talented, and a strong storyteller. Goldberg was boring, sloppy, and more dangerous than 100 botched SSPs.

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Goldberg was boring, sloppy, and more dangerous than 100 botched SSPs.

are you referring to the kick to bret? why does everyone bring that up? Austin would still be wrestling if brets brother hadn't broken his neck. accidents are a part of wrestling, PERIOD. does it mean they meant to do it? absolutely not. its called an accident for a reason. Steve Austin ended Ricky the Dragon Steamboat's career. Sting ended Rick Rudes career. one wrestler makes one mistake and he can never live it down, unlike all the above mentioned.

Xero
04-09-2006, 08:07 PM
No, Goldberg was pretty sloppy in the ring. He never looked very good in the ring, which is why he's most known for wrestling 160-something 5 minute squash matches.

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 08:19 PM
goldbergs squash matches were belevable and exciting. I'd rather see a 5 min goldberg match over a 15 min MALE CHEERLEADER match.

Xero
04-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Just because they were believeable and exciting doesn't mean he wasn't sloppy.

What are you, Vermaat?

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:24 PM
are you referring to the kick to bret? why does everyone bring that up? Austin would still be wrestling if brets brother hadn't broken his neck. accidents are a part of wrestling, PERIOD. does it mean they meant to do it? absolutely not. its called an accident for a reason. Steve Austin ended Ricky the Dragon Steamboat's career. Sting ended Rick Rudes career. one wrestler makes one mistake and he can never live it down, unlike all the above mentioned.

Oh, FFS...

I didn't bring up the BRet Hart incident, you just did. Why bring it up and then ask why everyone brings it up? Obviously it's touch enough for you to harp on it, even when it's not mentioned.

Even Bret doesn't hold a grudge over that incident specifically. that was merely the straw that broke the Hitman's back, the final injury that capped an injury-laden career. Of course, I only bring that up because you brought it up. I wasn't referring specifically to that.

Numerous WCW wrestlers complained he was sloppy in the ring, and Bret was far from the only person he injured in ring. He kicks like a mule, he's sloppy, and he's a danger to even the stiffer WCW wrestlers. He didn't end BRet's career--Bret was one injury away for a long time--But he injured Bret and a lot of other wrestlers in the ring needlessly.

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't think Brets mind or heart was in wrestling at that time anymore. I hated seeing him hate wrestling. I think HE ended his career. what else could he have done?

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:28 PM
goldbergs squash matches were belevable and exciting. I'd rather see a 5 min goldberg match over a 15 min MALE CHEERLEADER match.

Lesnar's matches were believable and exciting without endangering his opponents.

I love how you switch from Lesnar to MALE CHEERLEADERS. Weak. I'd rather not watch either, but what does that have to do with Goldberg vs Lesnar? nothing. Which is about what you've got to argue with. :)

Xero
04-09-2006, 08:29 PM
How in the fuck did we start with a thread about Brock Lesnar and wind up talking about the end of Bret Hart's career?

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't think Brets mind or heart was in wrestling at that time anymore. I hated seeing him hate wrestling. I think HE ended his career. what else could he have done?

you're onto me.

For years, I have kept this a secret, but I was there that night, and Bret said, "I want to end it all." He ran right into Goldberg's foot, and then tried to frame the poor Jew. Why? Canadians are Godfless and vindictive.

:roll:

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
How in the fuck did we start with a thread about Brock Lesnar and wind up talking about the end of Bret Hart's career?

Same reason he's now trashing the Spirit Squad.

Because hiws argument is too retarded for even him to bother with.

Xero
04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Same reason he's now trashing the Spirit Squad.

Because hiws argument is too retarded for even him to bother with.
But you must admit that his arguments are INNOVATIVE and NEW!

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 08:37 PM
ruthless and agressive

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 08:49 PM

because people for whatever reason want that piece of shit to come back. I stated he and billy goldberg were very similar. both took the golden goose and went home. then, like always, people defend lestner and berate goldberg. I liked both of them in their eras but the way they said "I don't need this bullshit" after getting handed everything there is to give makes me hate both of them. Brock probably worse because he chose to take his ball and go home. Goldberg was brought in to fail. wcw talent has never ever ever been put over. how many WORLD titles has booker t won since he joined wwe? Benoit won a title just to shut people up and now hes back to where he was for 15 years. if brock came back he would leave again and again and again then they would come up with a "self-distruction" video.

Xero
04-09-2006, 08:55 PM
because people for whatever reason want that piece of shit to come back.
YOU BROUGHT IT UP! KK never mentioned Hart, and I wouldn't read Goldberg being sloppy as "OMFG HE KILLED BRET HART". The fact is that Goldberg IS sloppy and is a horrible wrestler and a one trick pony. It's been proven that no one can book him successfully without him being an unstoppable monster. WCW couldn't pull it off and neither could the WWE.

Oh, and your world title argument is moot with Goldberg because, you know, he won a WORLD title when he was in the WWE.

vampiro03
04-09-2006, 09:03 PM
YOU BROUGHT IT UP! KK never mentioned Hart, and I wouldn't read Goldberg being sloppy as "OMFG HE KILLED BRET HART". The fact is that Goldberg IS sloppy and is a horrible wrestler and a one trick pony. It's been proven that no one can book him successfully without him being an unstoppable monster. WCW couldn't pull it off and neither could the WWE.

Oh, and your world title argument is moot with Goldberg because, you know, he won a WORLD title when he was in the WWE.

wcw DID pull it off until Nash booked himself to win the title via taser.

Xero
04-09-2006, 09:07 PM
wcw DID pull it off until Nash booked himself to win the title via taser.
What? I said they can't book him WITHOUT being an unstoppable monster. THAT WAS HIS FIRST FUCKING LOSS AFTER THE STREAK!

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm gonna be ordering the TNA PPV's to :love:

And I'm still not sure why your all giving Alienoid so much shit atm.

I won a mid-card Royal Rumble, then unbelieveably got too close to a World Title...

TNA is going to be fantastic. I've always wanted to watch a TNA PPV. The first we get is Sacrifice, I think. Here's hoping it's good. I get the feeling we will get Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe. That is must watch. I might also get Judgment Day if they have some TLC awesomeness between MNM, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, The Mexicools and Jamie Noble & Kid Kash. I guess Backlash will need to be sacrificed this year. Shame on WWE for putty on shitty PPVs.

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I would welcome Brock Lesnar back with open arms. Lesnar is fantastic in the ring, and he has that "big star" feel to him. To be perfectly honest, he and Batista are really the only two "megastars" the WWE has created since the brand split.

To be perfectly honest, RAW is the better place for Lesnar at the moment. Lesnar vs. Edge, Lesnar vs. Triple H & Lesnar vs. HBK are three main event programs which the WWE hasn't even come close to delivering. That could lock Brock up for a good year or so, if done right. There is so much for this guy to do in the WWE it isn't funny.

The WWE should swallow their pride, and offer this guy a spot on the roster, just keep him away from the WWE Title until he has proven his worth to the company. His fourth WWE Title win could be huge.

Kane Knight
04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
But you must admit that his arguments are INNOVATIVE and NEW!

:love:

TapOut
04-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Simply put, Lesnar was the most gifted and athletic big man I've ever seen step foot in a ring. His athleticism and presence was awesome.

I'd welcome him back. If he messes up again, then to hell with him, but the first time is understandable. I'd love for him to put this crap behind him and hopefully decide to return one day.