PDA

View Full Version : A thought about Backlash. (Alienoid, you could help out on this one)

Jaton
04-10-2006, 03:24 AM
For some reason, I see Vince/Shane vs. Shawn/God ending in a very bad way. I don't mean storylinewise, I mean a screwjob of some sort. I don't understand Shawn, being the big Christian man that he is, going along with this storyline where Vince is saying he's better than God. Even if it's just entertainment, you would think Shawn would be a little offended.

So when it comes to Backlash, what's going to happen if Vince/Shane are booked to win the match against Shawn and God? Surely Shawn wouldn't want that to happen, and surely Vince's ego is too big to job to God. Could someone help me out here, just a little?

Or maybe it's just too early in the morning..

Jaton
04-10-2006, 03:25 AM
By the way, Alienoid, when I said help out, don't give a scenario in which God puts over Paul London and he becomes the almighty of the universe. :)

Corkscrewed
04-10-2006, 03:27 AM
God bequeaths to Doug Basham the skills of 10 Chris Benoits, and he promptly cripples Vince, HHH, Bradshaw, and Hardcore Holly with a single glance, thereby becoming the almighty of the universe.

Oh yeah, and HBK wins by countout.

Jaton
04-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Wow..just..wow.

dablackguy
04-10-2006, 03:49 AM
For some reason, I see Vince/Shane vs. Shawn/God ending in a very bad way.

You know, I was actually thinking the same thing today. Like, I can't see Vince deciding that he's going to job to Shawn and God. And what exactly does 'God' respresent? I could honestly picture Vince hiring a wrestler calling him God and having him team with HBK, which would probably offend people like crazy, especially if he isn't white. Like wtf.

And what if its God almighty like wwe is booking it? What, are we going to have an empty corner while Vince and Shane beat the shit out of HBK? All so Vince can come out the next night and cut a promo about how he and Shane > God? And God just sat in the corner and watched HBK get his ass kicked?

Or are we going to have flickering lights and thunderbolts striking the ring? An exploding ring perhaps? An burning arena cause God got pissed he had to job to Vince and Shane? wtf?

In all seriousness, I do wanna see what comes of it, though its bound to be controversial.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2006, 04:04 AM
God bequeaths to Doug Basham the skills of 10 Chris Benoits, and he promptly cripples Vince, HHH, Bradshaw, and Hardcore Holly with a single glance, thereby becoming the almighty of the universe.

Oh yeah, and HBK wins by countout.

I was going to say 12, you know, the disciples, but hey. As long as Doug Basham is involved. :love:

Seriously, though, I don't see Shawn Michaels losing this match. I honestly though HBK would go over cleanly, but if they did have Vince/Shane go over, I think it would be with outside interference.

The two men I have narrowed it done to are Val Venis and Paul London...just listen...

Seriously, enough with the ribbing about my mid-card guy love. So I once said Doug Basham is Benoit's semi-equal, and I think Paul London and Val Venis could have a future outside of Heat/Velocity (we are already starting to see that with Paul London, by the way). Is this internet fans' tendency to turn when something gets shoved down their throats a little too much, or did I offend someone somewhere?

I honestly do think we could see a three-on-one Handicap Match scenario develop if Vince McMahon reveals "(Wrestling) God" JBL or Mordecai (if rumours of his return are true) as an impromtu tag team partner for Shawn Michaels.

Originally I assumed "God" was just a metaphor for saying Shawn Michaels would be alone come Backlash, so when he pulled off the victory he could claim God was with him, but now with all the attention this is getting from people speculating (because it is a lot of fun) I can see them putting a fourth man in the match.

Corkscrewed
04-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Guys, this is just setting up the return of Mordecai.

You all know that, right?

Jaton
04-10-2006, 04:13 AM
I was going to say 12, you know, the disciples, but hey. As long as Doug Basham is involved. :love:

Seriously, though, I don't see Shawn Michaels losing this match. I honestly though HBK would go over cleanly, but if they did have Vince/Shane go over, I think it would be with outside interference.

The two men I have narrowed it done to are Val Venis and Paul London...just listen...

Seriously, enough with the ribbing about my mid-card guy love. So I once said Doug Basham is Benoit's semi-equal, and I think Paul London and Val Venis could have a future outside of Heat/Velocity (we are already starting to see that with Paul London, by the way). Is this internet fans' tendency to turn when something gets shoved down their throats a little too much, or did I offend someone somewhere?

I honestly do think we could see a three-on-one Handicap Match scenario develop if Vince McMahon reveals "(Wrestling) God" JBL or Mordecai (if rumours of his return are true) as an impromtu tag team partner for Shawn Michaels.

Originally I assumed "God" was just a metaphor for saying Shawn Michaels would be alone come Backlash, so when he pulled off the victory he could claim God was with him, but now with all the attention this is getting from people speculating (because it is a lot of fun) I can see them putting a fourth man in the match.

We like giving you shit about your midcard [sic] love.

I think London is awesome. :D

Lara Emily
04-10-2006, 06:10 AM

People make fun of you for it because your bring Val and Doug up in almost every second storyline essay you write.

Londoner
04-10-2006, 06:43 AM
People make fun of you for it because your bring Val and Doug up in almost every second storyline essay you write.

And also because the wrestlers he mentions are never going to go anywhere.

owenbrown
04-10-2006, 11:58 AM
It could be much worse.... but I am NOT gonna say a word about it cause knowing the WWE... they might follow through with it. So I will just leave it at that. :shifty:

Indifferent Clox
04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I think it's just going to be a handicap match, and just when it looks like HBK will lose something odd will happen and he will make the comeback.

Just John
04-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Everyone jumped on the London bandwagon when he started appearing on Smakdown, I was with him when he was on VELOCITY, do you know the pain I went through? Watching A-Train defeat Val Venis for 10 minuites just to watch London. :mad:

PAUL LONDON 4 LYFE AND EVA

loopydate
04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I still think it's going to be Foley.

Since Foley is God, and all.

Volare
04-10-2006, 03:15 PM
i can't think of how many jericho and foley chants there could be

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2006, 11:20 PM

That's hyperbole.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
And also because the wrestlers he mentions are never going to go anywhere.

LOL, Doug Basham has not even reached his prime yet. "Never going to go anywhere" is a completely ridiculous statement to make.

Skippord
04-10-2006, 11:36 PM
If Mordecai comes out I will markout like a little bitch

Savio
04-10-2006, 11:36 PM
What if Vince had a legit Heart Attack in the match? That'd be freaky.

(Edit: Freakier then a normal heart attack givin the circumstances)

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2006, 11:48 PM
If Mordecai comes out I will markout like a little bitch

I loved Mordecai, until they ruined him by having Hardcore Holly go toe-to-toe with him. Seeing as he was a creation of Vince, and God has representation in this match, I see Mordecai returning.

James Steele
04-10-2006, 11:48 PM
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!

:love:

Anyone going to Backlash MUST start this chant.

James Steele
04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!
WE WANT JERICHO!

DaveWadding
04-11-2006, 12:47 AM
That's hyperbole.

You're right. It's only every 3rd essay you mention Val or Doug Basham.

freerock1.com
04-11-2006, 01:32 AM
For some reason, I see Vince/Shane vs. Shawn/God ending in a very bad way. I don't mean storylinewise, I mean a screwjob of some sort. I don't understand Shawn, being the big Christian man that he is, going along with this storyline where Vince is saying he's better than God. Even if it's just entertainment, you would think Shawn would be a little offended.
Being a Christian myself, I have somewhat mixed feelings about Shawn's participation in the angle, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It could be that he doesn't especially like it but feels he needs to keep his job to support his family. (There was a pretty good article on thewrestlingvoice.com about this kind of thing, specifically why someone like Rey or Benoit didn't more vocally oppose the whole "Eddie's in hell" angle; I don't recall the link or I'd post it.) Or it could also be that Shawn knows where the Vince/God angle is going and feels justified working in it.

I could see this angle going a few different ways. It could, as Alienoid06 suggested, end with Shawn going over cleanly, attributed to divine power, and that Vince learns not to mess with God. I could also see Shane's character as backing out of the match because he has too much of a fear of God. (I thought both endings were somewhat alluded to in the church segment tonight.)

It's also possible that the ending is booked in such a way that Shawn feels it could give him an opportunity to share his faith. I thought of the possibility of Shawn cutting a promo where he says that God doesn't work in the way Vince is trying to suggest, and that He's a God of grace and mercy (but that doesn't mean HBK isn't going to kick your butt) -- or something to that effect.

One writer even suggested that it might be something of a "road to Damascus" angle where Vince's character finds redemption (article here (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2006/04/10/1528508.html)).

So I'm basically not ready to completely write off this angle quite yet. A side of me expects this is intended for a big Vince ego-stroke. But I'm hoping the payoff is more positive than that.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Being a Christian myself, I have somewhat mixed feelings about Shawn's participation in the angle, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It could be that he doesn't especially like it but feels he needs to keep his job to support his family. (There was a pretty good article on thewrestlingvoice.com about this kind of thing, specifically why someone like Rey or Benoit didn't more vocally oppose the whole "Eddie's in hell" angle; I don't recall the link or I'd post it.) Or it could also be that Shawn knows where the Vince/God angle is going and feels justified working in it.

I could see this angle going a few different ways. It could, as Alienoid06 suggested, end with Shawn going over cleanly, attributed to divine power, and that Vince learns not to mess with God. I could also see Shane's character as backing out of the match because he has too much of a fear of God. (I thought both endings were somewhat alluded to in the church segment tonight.)

It's also possible that the ending is booked in such a way that Shawn feels it could give him an opportunity to share his faith. I thought of the possibility of Shawn cutting a promo where he says that God doesn't work in the way Vince is trying to suggest, and that He's a God of grace and mercy (but that doesn't mean HBK isn't going to kick your butt) -- or something to that effect.

One writer even suggested that it might be something of a "road to Damascus" angle where Vince's character finds redemption (article here (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2006/04/10/1528508.html)).

So I'm basically not ready to completely write off this angle quite yet. A side of me expects this is intended for a big Vince ego-stroke. But I'm hoping the payoff is more positive than that.

A positive ending would be nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the WWE is going to spend so much time and effort on a character that isn't even an active wrestler. I doubt Vince would even commit to such a storyline if he wasn't a Christian himself.

I still think this is either going to be a win for Shawn Michaels, or it will set up his next feud. This really should have ended at WrestleMania.