PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle really sucks now (Smackdown spoiler I guess)

John la Rock
04-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I think that Kurt is the best wrestler in the company but I can't stand watching his character anymore. I hate this "intensity" Kurt who always growls and screams. They totally fucked up his entrance with him telling his opponent: "you suck".

Also this past week on Smackdown, Theodore Long mentioned how the King of the Ring is coming back. He also mentioned previous winners. Why didn't Kurt interrupt him and remind everyone that he won the event in 2000?

Where is the Kurt that brags about his accomplishments? and for one thing Kurt Angle should be a heel. He SUCKS as a face. If Triple H can be heel for 5 years straight why can't Kurt?

Thoughts?

Ruien
04-10-2006, 01:05 PM
He is a face because he was getting cheers when he was a heel.

John la Rock
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
ya WWE has always fucked up face turn. ie Cena, Orton, HHH in 2002

Londoner
04-10-2006, 01:32 PM
He is a face because he was getting cheers when he was a heel.

But that's mainly because he was feuding with Cena.

PullMyFinger
04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
The last face turn they pulled off well was The Rock's IMO.

Lock Jaw
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Angle's been pretty bland to watch as a character ever since he went to Smackdown. He can't do "face" very well.

Especially when he does goofy things like go GAAAAAAAAAAAAA *slap Orton* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

JH
04-10-2006, 02:05 PM
face or heel Angle is and always will be the fucking man

loopydate
04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
The last face turn they pulled off well was The Rock's IMO.

Batista's was quite good, too. It was the way they should have turned Orton.

Londoner
04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah i agree with loopy there.Even i like Batista.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2006, 04:12 AM
It's not so much Angle as a face that bothers me, it is how they make him "nicer". Angle went from being unstoppable badass to being respectful good guy. Same mistake they made with John Cena.

Angle being a ruthless badass is fine, it's when they try to position us as viewers that they screw up. I really enjoyed Angle & Orton's portion of the feud. Namely when Orton RKO'd Mysterio and Angle smiled. He knew Orton was trying to get it down to Angle vs. Orton at WrestleMania, he had used the strategy before, he almost admired the cocky son of a bitch for using it. Angle put up with too much of Orton's shit in their promos.

I have the feeling we are about to see another Kurt Angle vs. Booker T feud. Hopefully the WWE realises the potential this one has, and although it is too late to use my "parallels from different companies unable to survive on the same brand" scenario, hopefully they let this one play to its characters strengths.

Cuzziebro
04-11-2006, 05:08 AM
hopefully

Chavo Classic
04-11-2006, 05:24 AM
WWE can't do faces anymore. They try turning someone face and ineviatbly mess it up.

Leave it to the fans to cheer who they want, the bookers will eventually listen to their audience, turn the guy face and still mess it up. With the exception of Eddie and possibly Batista I don't think they've had a decent face for a long stretch of time. Even now some posters on the TPWW boards are tiring of Angle's new "intensity" gimmick and Rey certainly isn't winning over fans with his Eddie antics. And these are the guys who we cheered unconditionally only a few months ago...