PDA

View Full Version : Cena/HHH/Edge

dablackguy
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Maybe I'm among the minority, but I really really like this angle. I like the idea of having the triple threat. Though if I did it, I would make it a 3 way dance style match instead.

Anyways, I like that they're acknowledging the fact that Cena is getting mixed reactions at best, and that the 2 "heels" are playing off that and ripping him for it. I put heels in quotes because I think its hard to define that in this angle, especially. when you see the teases for a heel Cena and a face HHH, and when you have the alliances being formed among the 3 on a week to week basis.

Knowing WWE, they're going to screw it up. But how would you book the rest of it? And how would eveyone end up?

Surprisingly, I would keep the belt on Cena and keep him face. I would have Cena beat HHH and Edge come out the next night after Backlash and bitch that he was never beaten. From there I would go with an Edge/Cena feud, because lets face it, that was the last time most people gave a crap about Cena, during his feud with Egde when he was chasing the title. Or, if you're a lover of recycling like WWE is, put the belt back on Edge and repeat. And when the draft comes around, have a couple of faces come to RAW, or have RVD use his MITB contract.

Discuss?

Arnold HamNegger
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, more than likely HHH will pin Edge at Backlash and it will be Cena that will come out bitching on RAW saying that "The Champ" was never beaten.

I'd like to see Edge win it again, spearing Cena out of nowhere after he's hit the "Fireman's Carry of Doom" on HHH. Edge would then do his version of the STFU, getting HHH to tap out while staring at Cena as he rolls on the mat in pain.

The promo's with these three have been outstanding. Let's say that for argument's sake, Edge has no prayer in hell of winning the belt at Backlash. Why not let him win the handicap match last night to further flame his asshole/heelness on Cena/HHH and increase his credibility going into the Title match. Was it really necessary to book ANOTHER Super-Cena ending on Raw last night? What the fuck is the point, seriously? And they wonder why people hate him. That's why in "WWE Think", the HHH/winning scenerio makes perfect sense. HHH get's the strap, but Super-Cena still get's to be unbeaten.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I agree with you. I think this is one of the best feuds in a while. Cena seems to have gotten some of his attitude back (at least it looked like it on Raw last night), and they're teasing a heel turn, it seems like. Or maybe the whole Cena "wanting to snap" thing is just to keep people on the edge of their seats.

I'd probably have Cena drop the title to Edge or Trips, just to keep things interesting. All I know is that if they keep doing promos like last night, I'll definitely be even more interested. Raw was pretty much gold last night, imo.

Just John
04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, more than likely HHH will pin Edge at Backlash and it will be Cena that will come out bitching on RAW saying that "The Champ" was never beaten.

I see that one hapening, then he'll challenge HHH to fight him for the title, then Cena will win it back.

dablackguy
04-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I see that one hapening, then he'll challenge HHH to fight him for the title, then Cena will win it back.

...at Wrestlemania next year

Just John
04-11-2006, 02:39 PM
lol yeah, it'd be very WWE to just let this stretch out for the better part of a year, crushing any hopes of RVD winning the title and forgetting about everyone else on the roster.

Arnold HamNegger
04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
lol yeah, it'd be very WWE to just let this stretch out for the better part of a year, crushing any hopes of RVD winning the title and forgetting about everyone else on the roster.

Yeah, poor RVD. They wouldn't even cut his music during the promo after his match last night. I kept hoping he was gonna say something. You can guarandamntee that HHH would have.

Corkscrewed
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Edge has no chance of pinning HHH. Hunter will pin Edge; Cena will get his rematch (third time to settle it all... like last year sorta). Someone else might interfere with the match to draw Cena away from Hunter for a few months. Cena gets the belt back at Wrestlemania 23.

Just John
04-11-2006, 03:06 PM
The reason I dislike Cena so much, isnt him, but its what WWE are doing with him, forgetting about the whole "Turn him heel" thing, the WWE really do believe that Cena is the next Hogan, and are ramming him down our throats in a very predictable style. We know cena will keep the title for a long while, which is putting our backs up, and making us dislike him.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Triple H will probably pin Edge, but if I had my choice, I'd go with Edge pinning John Cena.

It would be a nice moment of irony if Rob Van Dam then cashed in his Money in the Bank Title Shot and won the belt right there and then, but smart money would have them wait and build a feud heading into Vengeance and Summerslam between the two. John Cena vs. Triple H is a pretty nice feud, but it would be so much more interesting away from the title.

I do like the whole Triple Threat thing. It's much better than stretching the one-on-one feud on for no reason other than there is seemingly nothing else for the WWE to do.

srnrew
04-12-2006, 01:41 AM
My feeling is that Edge will somehow pull out the win at Backlash with Lita's help, then RVD will challenge him for the gold at the ECW ppv. Giving Edge that time to trash ECW until then. All in the while HHH and Cena will battle it out on their own.

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Was it really necessary to book ANOTHER Super-Cena ending on Raw last night? What the fuck is the point, seriously? And they wonder why people hate him. That's why in "WWE Think", the HHH/winning scenerio makes perfect sense. HHH get's the strap, but Super-Cena still get's to be unbeaten.
Right here's some booking 101 for you.

Week 1: HHH gets a win
Week 2: Cena gets a win
Week 3: Edge will most likely get a win

This is to give the impression that all mean have been beaten in the past 3 weeks to try and give the 3 way a bit of unpredictability

If however Edge doesn't get a win on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the strap at Backlash.

That's what makes this feud so interesting, right now, it could quite easily be any of them and that's what makes this feud great.

Plus having 2 heels can hopefully get Cena over more as a face, in theory as I guess they are thinking that Edge is getting the 2nd most heat right now (Behind Cena) so the Cena haters might not boo him if he's beating on Edge.

The Heat
04-12-2006, 03:18 AM
This feud is becoming the best on RAW. I especially having been throughly enjoying Cena[believe it or not :D]. It sounds like WWE is finally letting him say whatever he wants as opposed to making him stick to script. I think the majority are basically wanting Cena to turn because he shows alot more attitude. I'm just wondering how long this in-between "Cheer who you wanna cheer" character will work. The fans have spoken. Cena NEEDS to turn to improve his character. He also lacks in-ring and needs to hit the basics and learn a bit of psychology[like setting up the STFU better, if that's to continue to be his finisher].

Having a triple threat with HHH and Edge makes it better, as HHH is entertaining as is Edge. It's funny and entertaining whenever Edge & HHH go back and forth with their shoot-like comments.

Anyway, perhaps Cena will finally turn in the near future.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2006, 03:27 AM

This is to give the impression that all mean have been beaten in the past 3 weeks to try and give the 3 way a bit of unpredictability

If however Edge doesn't get a win on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the strap at Backlash.

That's what makes this feud so interesting, right now, it could quite easily be any of them and that's what makes this feud great.

Plus having 2 heels can hopefully get Cena over more as a face, in theory as I guess they are thinking that Edge is getting the 2nd most heat right now (Behind Cena) so the Cena haters might not boo him if he's beating on Edge.

Never really looked at it that way. I really do hope Edge gets the win next week. It will probably be a pinfall on Triple H. This has a bit of a scissors, paper, rock element going to it. Triple H beats Cena, Cena beats Edge, Edge beats Triple H.

Don't ask me why, but I can see Triple H winning a Handicap Match against Edge & Cena next week. Edge should really get the pin, but for some reason I see him Spearing Cena, or hitting him with a steel chair or something, then walking out as Triple H pins The Champ. :-\

Just John
04-12-2006, 07:06 AM

Thats the problem with Raw IMO, Edge, Cena and Trips isn't really a 'recipe for excitement' HHH is a godlike heel, and Cena is (supposed to be) over like hell, then suddenly, we find Edge, who is liked by very few, but comes across as a jerk rather than a good heel.

This is a look at how a mark would probably think it:

Edge is screwed because other than winning the money in the bank, and getting the title off an already beaten up Cena, he doesn't really have any 'proof' that he can actually do it,

HHH has been in his 'best shape' and was beaten by Cena hands down, therefore he isnt a worry to Cena.

The only thing Cena can worry about is HHH pinning Edge, which will obviously result in the whole, "I was never beaten" thing by Cena, either way Cena comes out on top in some way shape or form.

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Personally I can't see how much more life they can get out of Cena as champ, he's going to get less heat for the chase, it's a fact, look at Rock's character to prove that.

Kane Knight
04-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Thats the problem with Raw IMO, Edge, Cena and Trips isn't really a 'recipe for excitement' HHH is a godlike heel, and Cena is (supposed to be) over like hell, then suddenly, we find Edge, who is liked by very few, but comes across as a jerk rather than a good heel.

You're telling me that a guy who acts like he's permanently angry and sarcastic isn't over as a heel?

Pinnacle Charisma
04-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I think HHH will pin Cena setting up an RVD/HHH match at ONS 2. I think then Cena will go to Smackdown which I think is a good option and have a few new faces to go for the title.

Dave Youell
04-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I think HHH will pin Cena setting up an RVD/HHH match at ONS 2. I think then Cena will go to Smackdown which I think is a good option and have a few new faces to go for the title.
And then it's easier to edit out the boo's

dablackguy
04-12-2006, 12:17 PM

I can't see Vince putting the future of his company on Smackdown after shoving him down our throats for so long

King Jericho
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Right now, they need to see what happens with Cena, yeah the majority are booing him but some people are cheering him (Ala Mania) and it's coming off awesome (being there for mania, the atmosphere was intense).
Bit I think instead of having him turn heel or keep trying to stay face, they need to not to anything, as it gives everything this uncertainty about storylines, angles and matches etc.

Im liking it.

Arnold HamNegger
04-12-2006, 01:18 PM

IMO, it would have been better for the feud to have Edge get the win against both of them. His shit talking would have been out of control PLUS it would have been a bit of that "unpredictability" you were talking about. Did anyone expect Edge to win? No. Was anyone suprised by the booking of that match with Cena getting the pin. No. Part of the reason WWE is so boring IMO, is that they telegraph the PPV title matches with how they book Raw. I understand "Booking 101" as I'm guessing most wrestling fans do. 99 times out of 100, whoever has the upper hand on the last Raw goes on to lose the title match at the PPV. This past Mania was a perfect example. HBK and Cena were left beaten to a bloody pulp..and SHOCKER..they both won at Mania. So what are we left with now? Another predictable Raw with Edge set up to get the final win. Why must WWE follow this "Booking 101" all the time? Why not stray from it every once in a while? That's where the unpredictability would come in. For example, let's say that HHH got the first pin and Edge would have won his handicap match. Then this coming Monday have Edge or HHH get the pinfall. That would leave everyone and their Mother's thinking that Cena would retain at Backlash right? Wrong. Nothing would be more unpredictable with that scenerio than Edge/HHH winning the strap. Not only would it make Cena seem a little more human, but giving the upper hand to the heels every once in a while only makes the heels stronger, thus giving the Title picture a little more balance. A balanced WWE leads to a higher sense of "unpredictability" IMO.

Kane Knight
04-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Monday Night, Cena was the best I've seen him in ages. He and HHH were entertaining. Edge still makes me want to turn off the TV, but Cena and Trips...:y:

Arnold HamNegger
04-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Monday Night, Edge was the best I've seen him in ages. He and HHH were entertaining. Cena still makes me want to turn off the TV, but Edge and Trips...:y:

Just John
04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
You're telling me that a guy who acts like he's permanently angry and sarcastic isn't over as a heel?

I dont know, usually its easy to tell a good heel, Take orton, cocky as fuck, but I kinda appreciated the fact he was so easy to hate, Edge though, just seems like he's trying to hard.