PDA

View Full Version : So SS are the Tag Champs, now what?

Arnold HamNegger
04-12-2006, 04:48 PM
WWE has Kane/Show feuding, Carlito/Master's feuding, Val Venis is injured...who is left on Raw to challenge for the Tag belts? I was all for a Title change, but WWE has done nothing to develop any tag teams on Raw. During the skit where Masters and Carlito locked Kane in the closet, I thought WWE hinted at Cade and Murdoch being a team again, but....nothing.

As much as I loved seeing Master's humiliated Monday night, I think they could have drawn out the drama between the two through a feud with the SS. IMO, Carlito on the mic brutalizing SS would have been GOLD. Add in the fact that Master's could continue to screw up being a dumbass and further flame Carlito's growing impatients with him could have led to a better blow up than what we saw on Raw. Carlito would repeatedly fly off the handle because they were unable to beat the most "uncool" people on the planet...male cheerleaders. I hate to say this because I'm not a big SS fan, but SS at Backlash vs. Carlito/Masters is better than Carlito vs. Masters IMO.

SS vs. another team with actual athletic ability could be entertaining, but I don't see that happening any other place than Smackdown.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I would say move MNM to Raw and unify the Tag Titles (haven't ironed out how that would work, but you have to admit...Two sets of titles is too much for an already anemic tag division.), but that would only serve to cripple SD's tag situation even more.

I'm not a Spirit Squad fan either, but I definitely agree with you. I find this Carlito/Masters feud interesting, but I think a tag match with Carlito/Masters against SS would be much more so.

The One
04-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Charlie Haas is coming back...blah...something about worth while...nope forget it.

You're right. It was one thing to have champs like Kane & Big Show and not have a collection of legit teams to face, because being that they were Big Show & Kane it didn't matter they hardly defended the titles, but with a group like the Spirt Squad, not having people to face for the titles makes everyone look bad.

Kane Knight
04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Charlie Haas is coming back...blah...something about worth while...nope forget it.

You're right. It was one thing to have champs like Kane & Big Show and not have a collection of legit teams to face, because being that they were Big Show & Kane it didn't matter they hardly defended the titles, but with a group like the Spirt Squad, not having people to face for the titles makes everyone look bad.

And the 5 on 2 thing doesn't work that well when it's just random shmucks. So what does WWE do? Split the only two tag teams immediately after the SS win. Makes perfect sense.

SammyG
04-12-2006, 06:35 PM
NIIIIIICKKYY!!!!

LIC098
04-12-2006, 07:12 PM
comway & masters to tag & have doug & danny tag again along with the french fries fags ren & syl ........bring back TNT

Londoner
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Put a spoiler warning in the title you bastard.(didnt know show/kane were feuding until this thread as the raw repeat isn't on until tomorrow)

Londoner
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Also, this is why the rosters need to re-join, would be much easier to have tag teams then.The reason why they keep splitting teams up is because they're running out of ideas for feuds because of there not being enough wrestlers on the two rosters, they're stupid if they don't realise this is bad for business.

St. Jimmy
04-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Chavo and Conway would have been a good team!

*STFU*

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I get the feeling we will see The Spirit Squad split up sooner rather than later. I'm all for the gimmick going bye-bye, but it may be too early for it to have any effect on the crowd. I am still expecting Goldust & Snitsky to end up with the World Tag Team Championship (see Animal & Heidenreich, past-his-prime veteran with random hoss tag team partner).

My guess is Nicky & Mikey (being voted the two most popular members of The Spirit Squad in a poll on WWE.com) will lose the World Tag Team Championship to "Footprints in the Dust", causing Kenny & Johnny to turn on their stablemates. Add them to Val Venis & Viscera and you have three face teams and two heel teams (if you count Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch as a team).

Disturbed316
04-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I think an internal feud within SS could be interesting, but not have them split up.

Tornado
04-13-2006, 07:03 PM
SS v WGTT

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2006, 07:08 PM
SS v WGTT

:love:

Londoner
04-13-2006, 08:40 PM
SS v WGTT

That would be great, but i don't want Shelton to be forced back into tag team hell.He got out of it at exactly the right time.

Gertner
04-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Goldust and Snitsky are now a team and Murdoch and Cade are reforming.

SammyG
04-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Oh yay..

Chavo Classic
04-14-2006, 06:28 PM
They'll just throw two guys together and hope it sticks.

Kane Knight
04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
They'll just throw two guys together and hope it sticks.

I'd mark out if they dropped them to some über random, nonsensical team. Like Eugene and ANYONE, or the returning Godwin and Vader, or Coach and Tajiri...

Chavo Classic
04-14-2006, 06:45 PM
for how long, that is, before it became very irritating?

Arnold HamNegger
04-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Dusty Rhodes and Flair.

They will be called "The Dirty Dream."

:shifty:

Chavo Classic
04-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Shark Boy and Rhodes.... the wet dream.

sorry

Kane Knight
04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Booker T and Ric Flair--The dirty Niggers.

weather vane
04-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Cade and Murdoch should of been together from the start. I really liked them as a tag team. At least they are an actual tag team, not two guys just throw together.

Chavo Classic
04-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Um... they were two guys they just threw together. With the exception of matching entrance music and similar attire they are like chalk and cheese. Murdoc is a rough, tough brawler who looks about as pretty as DMI and Lance/Garrison/whatever Cade is a young, athletic and agile bluechipper. They had very little chemistry together and it wasn't surprising now in hindsight to see them split as quickly as they did