PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Evil Vito
02-02-2004, 01:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>From: www.rajahwwf.com

"The Backlash PPV in April is expected to be headlined by Triple H <i>defending</i> against Chris Benoit, since the show will be held in Benoit’s hometown of Edmonton.

F</>UCK YOU TRIPLE H!</font> :foc:

natureboycv
02-02-2004, 01:41 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>DAMN :mad:

If that happens, Benoit better at least get the title then.</font></b>

Kane Knight
02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>DAMN :mad:

If that happens, Benoit better at least get the title then.</font></b>

I wouldn't count on it.

My inside sources at teh psychic hotline have looked into the future and forseen great peril.

HHH does lose at Backlash, due to a massive coronary. However, the medics soon find it impossible to remove the title from his death grip.

Raw the following night is a 2 hour tribute to the greatness of HHH.

A week is spent deciding how to deal with the issue, before they decide to just bury the title with him and shut down Raw. Figuring that HHH has buried all credible competition, it's only fitting that he, in effect, bury the title as well...

natureboycv
02-02-2004, 01:57 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>lol :(</font></b>

Rob
02-02-2004, 02:05 PM
I heard it might be Benoit defending against Hunter which would mean Benoit beats Michaels at Mania and HHH does the "I never got beat" line.

Loose Cannon
02-02-2004, 02:08 PM
I heard it might be Benoit defending against Hunter which would mean Benoit beats Michaels at Mania and HHH does the "I never got beat" line.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Vastardikai
02-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Edmonton=Benoit's Hometown.

Edmonton also= in Canada.

Benoit's Opponent=Triple H

Predicted Outcome: Triple H has Benoit in the Crossface and then required Montreal Ending...

I only hope that I'm wrong.

Eunos
02-02-2004, 02:14 PM
I wish Triple H would just piss off.

Nowhere Man
02-02-2004, 02:16 PM
F</>uck Triple H, f</>uck World Wrestling Entertainment, and you know what? Fu</>ck wrestling, period. I'm sick of spending my money on this shit if all the people in charge do is keep screwing us out of what we want to see. WWE is far from the only ones who are guilty of this. Look at how badly Jeff Jarret hogs the NWA Title. Look at how Hulk Hogan ruined entire careers and nearly drove WCW into the ground. The wrestling industry is sickeningly corrupted, overrun with egomaniacs. So to hell with all of it.

SuperSlim
02-02-2004, 02:19 PM
ummm...you are a bit over-reacting. it's just a tv show.

anyway it bites

The CyNick
02-02-2004, 02:24 PM
If it ends up being a 3-way at Mania, it seems to make sense to have HBK involved in the finish, otherwise, why have him in the match at all?

I heard some people on the net talking about recreating Mania X with Luger-Bret and Yoko. So you would have HHH vs HBK in a title match, then have Benoit vs say Flair, and then have Benoit face the HBK/HHH winner for the title. Its not the worst idea.

If the World Title match goes on last (I'm pretty sure it wont go last but anyway), I dont want to see a 3 way, if its in the middle somewhere, then I dont really care what they do with it. As long as Benoit gets a clean win at Backlash its all good. Of course it would be much better if it was HHH vs Benoit one on one, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen.

There was also a rumour of it being turned into a Ladder Match. Personally, I dont like that idea, I think those three guys can work a great match without any gimmicks.

Innovator
02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
F</>uck Triple H, f</>uck World Wrestling Entertainment, and you know what? Fu</>ck wrestling, period. I'm sick of spending my money on this shit if all the people in charge do is keep screwing us out of what we want to see. WWE is far from the only ones who are guilty of this. Look at how badly Jeff Jarret hogs the NWA Title. Look at how Hulk Hogan ruined entire careers and nearly drove WCW into the ground. The wrestling industry is sickeningly corrupted, overrun with egomaniacs. So to hell with all of it.
No i'm with Nowhere Man on this one. Vince always used big payoffs in feuds. Heels kept getting the better of faces, but eventually got what they deserved by the faces. It seems these days that the governing bodies (Paul Levesque McMahon) whip over-fan favorites around like *ugh* government mules (terribly sorry for a JR phrase), especially the people everyone like. How many times has HHH clearly won his feuds and not look weak at any point. I mean RVD, Kane, Booker, all of those feuds HHH clearly was never touched by any of them. We are *smart* fans that know eventually Benoit will win the title but to the casual fans this can make them turn off the TV. Vince needs to get HHH's nose out of his ass and realize that his step-son is not what the people want.

Gertner
02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I heard that instead of benoit wrestling HHH. They will stage a game of rock paper scissors, with benoit choosing rock and HHH choosing paper as a symbol of blanketing Benoit's push.

Evil Vito
02-02-2004, 02:58 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I like The CyNick's idea. First off I'd have Benoit go over Batista (I would say Flair but this will likely be Flair's last WM so he shouldn't do the job). Then, HHH goes over Shawn. Then in the main event have Benoit beat HHH cleanly with the Crossface.

Then afterwards have all the faces from both Raw and Smackdown come in to celebrate and the show goes off the air with Benoit holding the WWE Title in the air as he's sitting atop the shoulders of two of the other wrestlers in the ring while Our Lady Peace is blaring throughout the arena. The only way that could be better IMO would be to have Bret Hart himself lead everyone out to the ring.

THAT would be a true mark-out moment. If that were to happen I will take back everything negative that I've said about the WWE</font>

Bad Guy
02-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Is backlash after or before WM... oh well either way Benoit is jobbing in his hometown. Many Benoit fans will pay money to see him win only to see HHH get out of the crossface 289742387 times and then 1 pedigree later it's over.

Corkscrewed
02-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Since when does Benoit wrestling in his hometown mean victory? He faced Austin on SD! in a HUGE match that had the crowd incredibly hot, but then Austin cheated and beat Benoit (after taking TEN Germans).

:(

loopydate
02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
^ Agreed. WWE loves to have faces lose at home.

Ricky
02-02-2004, 03:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M-A-G
02-02-2004, 09:01 PM
^ Agreed. WWE loves to have faces lose at home.

The greatest victim to that: Booker T

33% God
02-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Have any of you just stopped and realized in fact how long HHH has actually had that belt? I mean he loses it on a ppv,and then wins it back the next night on Raw.

I feel sick to my stomach the second I hear his music,f*cking flamer,I hope Benoit gives him a german suplex and breaks his neck,then puts on the crossface to further his injury to keep his ass off TV.

Corkscrewed
02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I think we all realize Trips has held the World Title for about 90% of its new existence.

John la Rock
02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Benoit will win the Title at Wrestlemania guaranteed. Why the **** would the WWE have the heel champion win the Main Event match at the biggest show of all time. That's retarted

Boondock Saint
02-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Benoit will win the Title at Wrestlemania guaranteed. Why the **** would the WWE have the heel champion win the Main Event match at the biggest show of all time. That's retarted

It happened at Mania 16. And last year, although it wasn't the main event

BigGammy v1.0
02-03-2004, 04:57 AM
Let's take a look back at the history of the World title:

- Triple H is given the title on September 2 2002, and loses it to Shawn Michaels on November 17 2002. HHH's reign: 77 days.
- HHH wins back the title on December 15 2002. HBK's reign: 28 days.
- Goldberg wins the title on September 21 2003. HHH's reign: 280 days.
- HHH wins back the title on December 14 2003. Goldberg's reign: 84 days.
- HHH's current reign has lasted 51 days, up to today (February 3).

Total days spent as World champ, to February 3:
HHH: 408 (78.46% - not quite 90%, Corky, but still a very high percentage)
Goldberg: 84 (16.15%)
HBK: 28 (5.38%)

Together, HHH and HBK have held the World title for about 84% of its current existence. :mad:

On the subject of Wrestlemania, I like Big Vito's idea - that would be the BIGGEST mark out moment in the history of the world. But as long as Benoit does win, that would be fine with me. It's about time a non-egomaniac won the World title.

Hired Hitman
02-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Paul Levesque is one smart businessman.

Keeping the title = more money for him.

c4g2
02-03-2004, 09:06 AM
^Yeah it all adds together in a twisted sense. He's keeping the title to make more money, blocking any writer's move to get a new champ. Smart one.

John la Rock
02-03-2004, 11:12 AM

The man was Vince completley brainwashed so I guess he's one pretty smart dude :y:

Fryza
02-03-2004, 11:58 AM

- Triple H is given the title on September 2 2002, and loses it to Shawn Michaels on November 17 2002. HHH's reign: 77 days.

Together, HHH and HBK have held the World title for about 84% of its current existence. :mad:

On the subject of Wrestlemania, I like Big Vito's idea - that would be the BIGGEST mark out moment in the history of the world. But as long as Benoit does win, that would be fine with me. It's about time a non-egomaniac won the World title.

Sweet Jesus.

KingofOldSchool
02-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I hope Triple H pins Benoit cleanly at BOTH Wrestlemania XX and Backlash.

Bazooka
02-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I was thinking that NWO was a Smackdown show... because the last brand only ppv was for RAW.

KingofOldSchool
02-03-2004, 12:07 PM
It happened at Mania 16. And last year, although it wasn't the main event

Come to think of it both of those times it was Triple H who won. :naughty:

Ricky
02-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I hope Triple H pins Benoit cleanly at BOTH Wrestlemania XX and Backlash.LOL yeah innit. I dunno if you were being serious or not but I hope that too. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

KingofOldSchool
02-03-2004, 02:01 PM
If that happens then I'm sure most of the wrestling forum regulars will commit suicide.

The Naitch
02-03-2004, 03:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I like The CyNick's idea. First off I'd have Benoit go over Batista (I would say Flair but this will likely be Flair's last WM so he shouldn't do the job). Then, HHH goes over Shawn. Then in the main event have Benoit beat HHH cleanly with the Crossface.

Then afterwards have all the faces from both Raw and Smackdown come in to celebrate and the show goes off the air with Benoit holding the WWE Title in the air as he's sitting atop the shoulders of two of the other wrestlers in the ring while Our Lady Peace is blaring throughout the arena. The only way that could be better IMO would be to have Bret Hart himself lead everyone out to the ring.

THAT would be a true mark-out moment. If that were to happen I will take back everything negative that I've said about the WWE</font>

:y:

I'm beginning to think that Bret hart will actually be at Wrestlemania for an on screen appearance. I think that's the big surprise Vince has for the fans, if he has one :roll: Think about it, Shawn is there too. Hmmm..... :naughty:

Rob
02-03-2004, 03:58 PM

This isn't 1988. The champion doesn't make the most money anymore and although being champion does boost your pay, it relates to PPV draws, etc so HHH probably ain't gonna make any more than he does.

If he was a smart businessman, he'd realise making other stars will make a stale company fresh again and attract more viewers hence more money. He should remember he is going to own this company one day. If this was a company I'd be running in 10 years, I'd be hella pissed.

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 05:25 PM
This isn't 1988. The champion doesn't make the most money anymore and although being champion does boost your pay, it relates to PPV draws, etc so HHH probably ain't gonna make any more than he does.

If he was a smart businessman, he'd realise making other stars will make a stale company fresh again and attract more viewers hence more money. He should remember he is going to own this company one day. If this was a company I'd be running in 10 years, I'd be hella pissed.

Thats the funny thing about Hunter, he still thinks like a wrestler instead of a businessman. I guess he figures who knows if the deal with Steph will last forever (another manly looking woman could come along and turn his head), so he might as well milk this wrestling thing as long as he can.

But you're right if he thought long-term he would do whats right for the overall product. Of ocurse then there's the chance that he actaully thinks he's what is good for business, which would be sad if he thought that. But then again, most wrestlers are dilusional, so.

Rob
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Most wrestlers are dilusional? Try all! Biggest bunch of marks of all.

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Most wrestlers are dilusional? Try all! Biggest bunch of marks of all.

I think some of the newer guys like the crew that came up with Edge are a little more down to earth, but yeah I guess its a lot closer to all of them that are like that.

The Naitch
02-03-2004, 06:47 PM
I hope Triple H pins Benoit cleanly at BOTH Wrestlemania XX and Backlash.

:lol:

Savio
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I will take back everything negative that I've said about the WWE</font>
every thing?.....

Corkscrewed
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM

Hot diggidy dang! Nearly 80%. WowOW!

And by the time HHH makes it to Wrestlemania, it'll be HHH with about 450 days (add about six weeks). That would put him at over 80%.

Wow.

BigGammy v1.0
02-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Hot diggidy dang! Nearly 80%. WowOW!

And by the time HHH makes it to Wrestlemania, it'll be HHH with about 450 days (add about six weeks). That would put him at over 80%.

Wow.

If you take it right through to Wrestlemania, assuming HHH keeps the title until then, he will have had a total of 448 days with the belt, or EXACTLY 80% of the total World title existence. Goldberg will have had exactly 15%, and HBK exactly 5%.

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands. :-\

Mikey
02-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Damn thats a long time