PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds

D Mac
04-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Barry Bonds is a fraud and a cheat, and any of his past feats are in question. He should not be allowed to be mentioned in the same sentence as Hank Aaron, and if he does break any records they should not be allowed in the record books on the grounds that they are tainted and will forever be suspect. Barry Bonds should be banned from baseball as he has shamed the sport and disrespected all who have played the game honestly and with respect for the game. Barry, do us all a favor and go away quietly with out inflicting further harm to your name and that of baseball itself.

RP
04-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Innocent

Rob
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Is there even steroid testing in baseball? And if so, is there is proper punishment for it?

And if there is, practically the whole league would be failing tests unless they are covered. I was looking at some of these guys on TV the other night and it's so blatantly obvious they are on juice.

ct2k
04-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Just remembering what Mark McGwire looked like back in 98-99 when he was record breaking, it is indeed obvious, he had muscles on his cheeks bigger than most guys pecks.

MLB policy as far as performance enhancing drug abuse is pitiful.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-14-2006, 02:40 PM
As much as I've ragged the guy in the past, he's still innocent until proven guilty no matter how big of an asshole people think he is. So yeah he might be a prick but until it's been proved that he cheated all this talk is for nothing. Nobody thought Rafiel Palmeiro was guilty because he's a "nice guy" and fans were willing to trust him. Oops.

McDoogle
04-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Barry Bonds has never tested positive for steriods in MLB so they cannot touch any record he breaks.

SammyG
04-14-2006, 03:42 PM
It's gonna be so Awkward when he breaks the Babe's record. Assuming he does. I bet he gets booed by a large portion of the crowd.

ct2k
04-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I can already feel the with-little-asterisk* lobby setting their plans in motion

Rob
04-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Barry Bonds has never tested positive for steriods in MLB so they cannot touch any record he breaks.

They have probably never tested him. Or maybe he was passing the same tests Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa did. Jose Canseco got away with it.

YOUR Hero
04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Bonds no longer states he never didn't roids. Pretty telling in it's own right. Anyway, even minus the steroid scandal, he's a jerk and I couldn't be happier that he's going through this. I mean this sincerely.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-15-2006, 01:27 AM
They have probably never tested him. Or maybe he was passing the same tests Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa did. Jose Canseco got away with it.
Those guys where never tested, as there was no policy back when they were playing

There is a policy now, I am assuming it is not very good since it is obvious Bonds was on steriods and hasn't been caught. Maybe that means he hasn't been taking them since they started testing? Or he is hiding it somehow. It is ridiculously obvious he did it though, his hat size increased. I am sure a lot of guys take roids, but just because a guy is big doesn't always mean he takes them, its not like a lot of guys in baseball are so ridiculously huge that it is unimaginable to get that big, especially when all you do is play baseball. When is the government going to get involded with pro wrestling though? I think it is even more obvious that these guys are on steriods too, they are all huge and are on the road almost all year..when do they have time to really work out? Plenty of kids watch pro wrestling and I know it is not a real sport, but it is view as "sports entertainment" so I think it should fall under the same legal issues as pro baseball and other professional sports. I remember McMahon getting in some serious trouble for steriods, but just look at some of the dudes in the WWE and tell me they aren't on that special sauce still, it obviously didn't do much good.

CNM
04-15-2006, 03:37 AM
What people tend to forget is the fact that there is still no testing for HGH in baseball. I doubt Barry is still taking 'roids, but he could easily be doing HGH.

Rob
04-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Those guys where never tested, as there was no policy back when they were playing

There is a policy now, I am assuming it is not very good since it is obvious Bonds was on steriods and hasn't been caught. Maybe that means he hasn't been taking them since they started testing? Or he is hiding it somehow. It is ridiculously obvious he did it though, his hat size increased. I am sure a lot of guys take roids, but just because a guy is big doesn't always mean he takes them, its not like a lot of guys in baseball are so ridiculously huge that it is unimaginable to get that big, especially when all you do is play baseball. When is the government going to get involded with pro wrestling though? I think it is even more obvious that these guys are on steriods too, they are all huge and are on the road almost all year..when do they have time to really work out? Plenty of kids watch pro wrestling and I know it is not a real sport, but it is view as "sports entertainment" so I think it should fall under the same legal issues as pro baseball and other professional sports. I remember McMahon getting in some serious trouble for steriods, but just look at some of the dudes in the WWE and tell me they aren't on that special sauce still, it obviously didn't do much good.

On the subject of guys in baseball not being on steroids, I do weight training and I speak to guys at my gym and it's near impossible for any professional athlete to bulk up to the sizes they do without help. This 2 hours in the gym every day stuff is crap. Your muscles need time to relax while growing. The human body simply can't take that amount of punishment without causing damage. That's where steroids come in. They are a muscle relaxant. As far as I'm aware, there is no way you can test for HGH right now but I could be wrong. Might depend on what it is exactly.

Pro wrestling has steroid testing. Granted it's only the WWE but indy guys would struggle to afford steroids. I'm going to be the first to admit that their steroid testing looks like a joke too. Apparently the first base line test is 1:15. Your body might naturally have 1:2 naturally but with this test, it means before guys take their first test, they can absolutely abuse steroids to get say a 1:19 test and from that point, they only have to show a drop so they could go back to their usual routine and pass the test. 1:7 second time failures should be immediate suspension in my opinion. On the plus side, the drug testing is being carried out by an independent company so Vince McMahon can't intercept the results to protect talent (which was the way he wanted to be fair).

You don't understand the previous steroid issue Vince McMahon and the WWE had. McMahon got in trouble for distributing drugs and not taking steroids. It's not illegal to take steroids. During the early 90's, Vince McMahon thought he was going to jail and did absolutely everything to rid his company of steroids. You might remember the Ultimate Warrior coming back to the WWF weighing like 225lbs. And before his trial, he fired his top 2 babyfaces - Warrior and Davey Boy Smith. One of which was in the world title program and the other was the IC champ! He stopped testing for steroids around 1996 when WCW was hiring everyone with a good looking body and thought it was unfair (obviously everything that goes against Vince is unfair though).

Indifferent Clox
04-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.. oh wait wrong thread...