PDA

View Full Version : Compare and Contrast: Kurt Angle and HHH

D Mac
04-14-2006, 06:40 AM
Both are very similar in styles. Both are well built. Both are great wrestlers. Who do you think is the better all around? Not only in the ring but on promos also.

Tornado
04-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Kurt Angle

ThruTheWire
04-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Triple H was great at a time when Kurt Angle was nothing. Though Angle may be more exciting to watch now, I'm going to have to go with H.

Eunos
04-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Kurt Angle

I don't think HHH is that great a Wrestler.

Cuzziebro
04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Angle is the better wrestler. It's a hard choice but I'm going to go with Angle. Angles better all around, his ring skills and his mic work outclass HHH's.

The One
04-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Angle is incredible, but he isn’t as fluid as Triple H is. I mean Hunter is one of those rare performers who comes along and everything he does is exactly correct. His timing is better then anyone’s I’ve ever seen before. I feel his ability to play his character comes from a more honest place then Angle’s. When Angle performs, it always is fun, but it just doesn’t wrap me up into it. Angle has more of the over the top persona, where as I believe there are people, like Hunter, out there in the world. Namely, because his character at this point is basically a direct copy of his real self, but oh well, it’s still incredible to watch. Plus when you step between the ropes, I don’t think there is a person alive today who can match what HHH does in there. Angle can have an occasional incredible classic, and will go down as one of the best ever…but Triple H already has a resume full of classics, and I think he will ultimately dethrone Flair as the greatest of all time.

My answer, unquestionably: “The Game”, “The Cerebral Assassin”, “The King of Kings” Triple H

Nark Order
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Triple H without even a second thought.

Tazz Dan
04-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Angle is incredible, but he isn’t as fluid as Triple H is. I mean Hunter is one of those rare performers who comes along and everything he does is exactly correct. His timing is better then anyone’s I’ve ever seen before. I feel his ability to play his character comes from a more honest place then Angle’s. When Angle performs, it always is fun, but it just doesn’t wrap me up into it. Angle has more of the over the top persona, where as I believe there are people, like Hunter, out there in the world. Namely, because his character at this point is basically a direct copy of his real self, but oh well, it’s still incredible to watch. Plus when you step between the ropes, I don’t think there is a person alive today who can match what HHH does in there. Angle can have an occasional incredible classic, and will go down as one of the best ever…but Triple H already has a resume full of classics, and I think he will ultimately dethrone Flair as the greatest of all time.

My answer, unquestionably: “The Game”, “The Cerebral Assassin”, “The King of Kings” Triple H

:y:

BlackDawn2024
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Hunter. It's not even really a contest.

Londoner
04-15-2006, 09:32 AM
^ I wouldn't say its not even a contest.Saying stuff like that makes it seem like Angle is nothing.I reckon its a tough call but The Ones post helped me make my decision, i'll have to go with Triple H.

Joesgonnakillyou
04-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Character and promo easily HHH

But wrasslin', god honest pure wrasslin' Angle.

there was a time when Angle would win hands down but 'serious' Angle isn't as entertaining as when he was a smart-ass coward.

They'll both go down as the best of the era and true legends.

Pinnacle Charisma
04-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Angle

I like HHH I just think that Angle is better on both accounts.

Angle's promos gets to the point quicker and more easier. He does not need 20 minutes for the fans to know what he is saying. I also think he has adapted to more characters better.

Angle's wrestling style entertains me more as well. He is more likeily to have a classic match on more occastions than Hunter is

UmbrellaCorporation
04-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Angle wins in wrestling, but it's not a complete landslide. Angle's a better technical wrestler, but I personally love Triple H's ring style. Dunno why. Always have been a Trips mark, and always will be. But Angle slightly wins this one.

On the mic? Triple H by a slightly bigger margin. He's second to none on the microphone, and lately he's been even better than usual. Not to say that Angle's any kind of a slouch on the mic, though.

Overall, I'd have to say Angle gets an 8.5, and Triple H gets a 9.5. So Triple H, by a nose (:shifty: ).

Kane Knight
04-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Angle wins pretty much hands down. His abilities are simply phenomenal, even the slowed down Angle of 30,000 neck surgeries. He's totally awesome on the mic (And while that's the one place Hunter hasn't slowed down, Angle still wins IMO), and he's got that X-factor that really screams "Wrestling God."

Triple H, while he has had some serious greatness, has become lazy and boring.

Skippord
04-15-2006, 03:49 PM
H cubed

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Angle

The Heat
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Angle wins. Simply put, Angle is gold. His ability is second to none, his mic skills are great, and his segments are usually pretty funny[unless otherwise meant to be serious].

HHH has kind of slacked off from his 2000-2001 form. He was a more-rounded type of wrestler and was the man. Now, he's just a Ric Flair wanna-be. While Hunter's ring work is still better than most, he still isn't in Angle[or Benoit]'s league. His mic work, however, is still solid.

Both are great, but, even with Triple H's outrageously huge nose, he cannot win. :D

Jaton
04-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Shame to a quality topic get pushed down by inferior ones.