PDA

View Full Version : Did Michael Cole blow his load at WM 22 or what?

darkpower
04-16-2006, 02:26 AM
I was watching SmackDown on Friday, and they did that whole recap of Rey's "Journey" to the title again (WHY?). And I listened to the commentary when Rey won the title at WM22, and I've noticed something awfully different: Michael Cole's voice!

As in: It got VERY weird in how loud he was TRYING to yell. He marked out, all right!

Listen, if you can somehow, to how loud Cole gets when Rey actually wins the title. It sounds like he's trying, VERY VERY HARD, to emulate Joey Style's scream voice, getting more hoarse than ever, as if he's losing his voice within seconds of him doing that line. The mark out moment of the night for Cole, I guess. Still, his voice seemed kind of...creepy (don't know if that's a GOOD thing or not). :shifty:

Only thing is, I guess that has woken up a bit of a different way to commentating for Cole, since on Friday, I was listening to him be a bit more "intense", as in using a bit of a louder voice than usual and "marking-out" more than he used to, when commentating (listen to him when he calls JBL a "slithering snake" and when Angle first does the Ankle Lock on Orton).

Is it me, or has Cole suddenly thought that if he tries to be a cross between Styles and JR (a bit of the mark-out thing with JR with the voice of Styles), it would make him alot better? Not that I would blame him, since I'm enjoying the end result in a way. But has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know if the WWE told him to try that, or is he doing this on his own accord.

Hey, as long as he doesn't screw up move names every match like JR did, I'll be liking this altered style for a while.

D Mac
04-16-2006, 03:08 AM
He still would be the worst announcer next to Vince IMO.

The One
04-16-2006, 04:26 AM
Cole isn't the worst announcer. Come on, Don West has worked his ass off to become the worst ever...how dare you take that away from him....in a sense...

DAY TUK R JOBS!

D Mac
04-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Never heard of Don West. I guess that's why he is so bad.

The One
04-16-2006, 04:38 AM
TNA's "color" guy...though...the only color he adds is brown.

Kane Knight
04-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, someone had to be excited fro Rey. Counting Rey and Cole, that made...Three.

Xero
04-16-2006, 01:00 PM
You know, when I heard that, it sounded to me like he was saying "REY WON THE TITLE" then was just going to go to the back an leave. Like he didn't give a shit anymore.