PDA

View Full Version : JBL

The One
04-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Let's everyone talk about how great JBL is. His promo on SmackDown against Rey was funny as hell. He is a great United States Champion and I think if done correctly he has the potential to go down as the greatest US Champ ever. His gimmick is custom made to make him an interesting US Champ, and his skills on the mic along with his strong political interest could be one of the most interesting angles if they have him involved with the US title for a while. Basically what I am getting at, post about how great JBL is and I give you rep.

I'm The One...and I'm American.

Xero
04-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Gonna watch SmackDown! tonight, but he's great on the mic.

Promo God, not Wrestling God.

LK
04-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Without a doubt, JBL has been one of the best performers in the WWE over the last two years. His mics skills are up there with the best of them and he has improved in the ring a little. If it wasn't for the greatness of Ken Kennedy (you know the rest) and Eddie Guerrero, I would call JBL my favourite heel on Smackdown in recent memory.

ThruTheWire
04-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Meh, he's okay.

Mr. Nerfect
04-22-2006, 07:13 PM
JBL single-handedly got me interested in SmackDown!'s main event scene. No offense to Kurt Angle or Rey Mysterio, but their lovey dovey stuff was blown out of the water by Layfield's promo.

Although he would make a fine WWE United States Champion, I think JBL should lose the belt. He's needed in the main event, and now that he's a Grand Slam Champion (arguably), he has more credibility as a main event guy. I am hoping for him to face Paul Burchill or Gunner Scott in coming weeks, only to lose the match when Jillian Hall low blows JBL or something.

After reading the SmackDown! spoilers for the edition in the UK (so stop reading if you don't want it to be spoiled), Paul London seems to be going back to singles competition. This is simply an inference by me, as London is #1 Contender for the WWE Cruiserweight Title (which the WWE has probably forgotten), and he pinned Gregory Helms on SmackDown!. They might have him lose to Helms in next week, but assuming they did put the CW Title on him again, Brian Kendrick could use a run with the United States Championship. Why not have Jillian low blow JBL, which allows Spanky to hit Bradshaw with the Sliced Bread #2?

Anyway, long story short, I believe JBL should lose the US Title and become a full-time main eventer.

Skippord
04-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I could not care less about him

The One
04-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey do I come into the "Who has the gayiest hair" threads and talk about how I don't care about Sabin?

Mr. JL
04-22-2006, 07:24 PM
JBL is gold on the microphone. Even though he is certainly not one of the best in-ring performers... he usually surprizes me and makes his PPV main event matches feel like main event material.

Skippord
*Starts Gayest hair thread*

happylad
should be world heavyweight champion ... his mic skills destroyed rey and he is too good to be holding the us title. As WHC he would be a million times more credible than rey and when batista comes back if the wwe so wish they cuold probably have him drop the belt back to him. smackdown needs a heel champion jbl was the last one they had . and i want him back

The One
04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
So I have a question for you all...

JBL: [Great United States Champion or The Greatest United States Champion?

Oh and welcome to TPWW happylad, just a heads up, a lot of us around here get annoyed with all lower case letters. But Welcome though. :wave:

Skippord
04-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Neither

The One
04-22-2006, 07:35 PM
But the options are Great or Greatest...

Bad Company
04-22-2006, 07:38 PM
<-------

The One
04-22-2006, 07:51 PM
JBL: Great United States Champion or The Greatest United States Champion?

Neither

But the options are Great or Greatest...

You know what? I'm just gonna put you down for Great.

Flair Wooo
04-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Jbl is fucking god on the mic!

UmbrellaCorporation
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
JBL is the man. No questions asked.

I'll say one of the greats, but I can't determine if he's the greatest or not. Cut the hazing shit out, and you might have a contender. :D

Pinnacle Charisma
04-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah JBL is great. Without a doubt one of the wwe's most entertaining performers over the last two years and one of the companys biggest improvers. Look back at his works when he first got the belt and compare it to now and he much better.

He has a great gimmick and plays it well as he is pretty much playing himself and whats the age old saying "thats how you get over by playing yourself but with the volume way up"

The One
04-22-2006, 09:58 PM
COMING TO A SMACKDOWN PROGRAM NEAR YOU!

JBL...John Bradshaw Layfield...the WWE United States Champion...

"...JBL is great"
-Pinnacle Charisma
(Mainstay Jobber Weekly)

"JBL is the man."
-UmbrellaCorporation
(Video Game Reference News)

We all know the stories of how hard it is to be a Rich White Man...but this year...one man tries to defy the odds...

"I...care...about him"
-Skippord
(Sabin Lover Monthly)

"He's needed in the main event."
-Alienoid06
(Long Winded Digest)

JBL will Reign...

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/uschmp.jpg

JBL will regain...

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/wrestling/images/2004/jul1/jbl.jpg

JBL will be...

A WRESTLING...GOD!

What Would Kevin Do?
04-22-2006, 10:06 PM
JBL is a WRESTLING......God.

He's also a true American.... HErooooo.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-22-2006, 10:07 PM
BTW, Wrestlemania 23 NEEDS JBL Vs HHH

Mic work feud of the year.

The One
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
World Heavyweight Champion and Wrestling God John Bradshaw Layfield

VS.

WWE Champion and King of Kings Hunter Heasrt Helmsley

I would record every single second of promo between these two. :drool:

Corkscrewed
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
JBL's promo was absolutely priceless. As I've said before, it's a real shame he's a complete jackass in real life, or else he'd be like... super duper awesome.

But if you separate the character from real life, I have definitely enjoyed JBL for the past year or so. Talking down to Rey was hysterical.

Kane Knight
04-22-2006, 10:23 PM
So I have a question for you all...

JBL: [Great United States Champion or The Greatest United States Champion?

Oh and welcome to TPWW happylad, just a heads up, a lot of us around here get annoyed with all lower case letters. But Welcome though. :wave:

Greatest.

Kane Knight
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Neither

I'll put you down for Greatest.

Skippord
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
We've been over this

The One
04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
But IF you had to choose one...

Skippord
04-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Can I choose Rusty nail to the eye

The One
04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
No the options were clearly "Great" or "Greatest"...so you know, I don't think you think he is THE greatest, so I am just going to say that Skippord thinks JBL is a GREAT United States Champion.

The One
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
JBL is a GREAT United States Champion.

Lock Jaw
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/jbl/videos/

Scroll down to the bottom, they've got the bit in Iraq when he's in the bio-hazard suit. Greatness.

DaVe
04-23-2006, 01:16 AM
JBL is awesome. I've always been a fan of him, in recent years I've become a hardcore Layfield fan. Not to mention his radio show, etc.

Mr. JL
04-23-2006, 03:45 AM
I choose GREAT

rko4life
04-23-2006, 04:17 AM
"Batista and JBL sing the contract for their match at SummerSlam"- From the JBL videos....
"Sing" :lol:

D Mac
04-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Bradshaw has come a long way from the APA gambler.

He is an excellent heel and I love to hate him. :D

happylad
04-23-2006, 07:40 AM
If Kanes going to be next champion JBL HAS!! to feud with him
JBL would be able to rip the piss out of Kane easily in promos. It would be gold :)