PDA

View Full Version : Sabu signs with WWE?

Skippord
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
NoDQ.com > WWE > Breaking News: Sabu Signs With WWE
Posted by Andy Steven on 04/24/2006 at 08:07 PM

Terry Brunk better known as Sabu has officially signed a WWE contract last night.

Sabu was currently working for TNA Wrestling and is better known for his appearances with ECW in the 1990’s.

The contract which Sabu signed with WWE will last for one year with an option to renew the contract at the end of the year’s deal.

This near enough confirms that Sabu will be appearing at the ECW One Night Stand II this year. More details will be available soon. Sabu’s website can be reached at www.officialsabu.com.

Sabu's agent Corey Phillips would also like to express that they are many former WWE/WCW/TNA/ and ECW talent that are available for bookings. To contact Corey about whom he represents and the details you can call him at: 270-846-7138 or email him at: upcloseandpersonal413@hotmail.com.

Funky Fly
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I bet it was a very short term deal. Probably just to buid up to ONS, er even just the 1 appearance at ONS.

McLegend
04-24-2006, 10:05 PM
or just maybe ECW being restarted may actually be legit

Mr. JL
04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
It will be interesting how they market Sabu since he rarely, if ever, gets on a microphone. Not too mention the WWE move restrictions that are in place.

Really, I can only see him working the One Night Stand, and then the upstart ECW thing. Other than that, I'm not sure where the hell a guy like Sabu would fit in on a RAW or Smack Down!

Kane Knight
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
It will be interesting how they market Sabu since he rarely, if ever, gets on a microphone. Not too mention the WWE move restrictions that are in place.

They'll team him up with Goldust as comic relief.

Mr. JL
04-25-2006, 12:07 AM
^lol

That or he'll become the newest Spirit Squad member. Sabu got spirit, yes he does.

Kane Knight
04-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I'd pay to see that.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Eh, Sabu in the WWE is something I was never really interested in. I would say stick him on SmackDown! and have him go for the United States Championship against JBL or something, but the WWE always seems to stick talent on the show opposite to where they are needed more. Harry Smith to RAW? WTF?

Dorkchop
04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
It's hard to see him as a regualr in the WWE. His style is completely not "WWE".

I'll see how things work out before I come to a conclusion about Sabu in the WWE. Maybe he'll fit in well. Super Crazy did.

Mr. JL
04-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Super Crazy's offense never consisted of 75% chair throws either.

Dorkchop
04-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Super Crazy's offense never consisted of 75% chair throws either.

The other 25% is him taking a chair throw. Very true though. I just used Super Crazy as an example because I didn't think he'd do very well with WWE's style.

It's very hard to picture Sabu in a 'regular' match.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Hmmmmmmm

WWE is bringing back ECW

WWE signs Sabu.

Why are we questioning if he'll be on Raw or Smackdown? Commen sense will tell you where he's going. :)

Heat.

Bad Company
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
They should probably bring back the Hardcore title.

Corkscrewed
04-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Am I the only one who sees them doing to "WWE-obvious" thing and pairing him up with the Great Khali so that they'd be that exotic foreign tag team? Then Daivari is the mouth piece, and people boo them.

Altho since Sabu's so popular, they'll more than likely just feud him with Khali or something...

What Would Kevin Do?
04-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Gah.

Sabu will be in the ECW revival. THat's about it. Sabu will not be on Raw or Smackdown.

6to1
04-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Am I the only one who sees them doing to "WWE-obvious" thing and pairing him up with the Great Khali so that they'd be that exotic foreign tag team? Then Daivari is the mouth piece, and people boo them.

Altho since Sabu's so popular, they'll more than likely just feud him with Khali or something...
no i saw that too i can see them teaming up to beat up taker.

Nark Order
04-25-2006, 01:23 AM
He'll be driven into the WWE graveyard within a month.

Lara Emily
04-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Eh, Sabu in the WWE is something I was never really interested in. I would say stick him on SmackDown! and have him go for the United States Championship against JBL or something, but the WWE always seems to stick talent on the show opposite to where they are needed more. Harry Smith to RAW? WTF?

Sabu and talent are two words I would not use together in a sentence unless it was to say Sabu is a wrestler with little to no talent.

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2006, 02:30 AM
Sabu and talent are two words I would not use together in a sentence unless it was to say Sabu is a wrestler with little to no talent.

I've never really been fond of the guy, either. Personally, if I could have made the choice of whether or not to sign Sabu, I would say no.

Chavo Classic
04-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Terrible career move by Sabu

Londoner
04-25-2006, 07:59 AM
I reckon he wont debut until ONS,and that he will be on a long term deal because they're apparently starting up ECW again, this is what Sabu signed the deal for I reckon.(other than the money part of it,obviously)

Xero
04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Terrible career move by Sabu
Really? He's beaten himself up to the point where he can hardly move and is signing with a company that will use him a lot less than he would be used on the Indy scene and be paid more. Sounds like a good move to me.

Dorkchop
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Really? He's beaten himself up to the point where he can hardly move and is signing with a company that will use him a lot less than he would be used on the Indy scene and be paid more. Sounds like a good move to me.

I saw a Sabu indy match last summer. He didn't do anything and then the promoter said he was too 'hurt' to come out and sign some autographs after the show like he agreed to do. It seems like he has no passion for wrestling anymore. It's hard to not view this as a paycheck for Sabu.

St. Jimmy
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, 401kocidal
the sultan of SADISTIC...

Sabew!
(WWE's offical name change: see 'Rhyno' and 'Tazz')

Kane Knight
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM

Exactly. It's a pretty good fucking move, as he'll get a paycheck for doing fuck all...

weather vane
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
SA FUCKIN BU!!!!!!

Blue Demon
04-25-2006, 08:51 PM
^^ :yes:

Joesgonnakillyou
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Good news for him, in terms of money. but i don't wanna see a battered up old star being mis-used time and time again by WWE. It'll drive me nuts.

Time for an office job sabu!

Sadistic
04-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Triple H wins at Backlash.
Feuds with RVD on Raw.
Beats RVD down, hold up the title.
Bah Gawd it's Sabu on Raw!
Beats the crap out of the game.
Points to the title, surely HE doesn't want the WWE title?
Triple Threat at ONS.
I can't wait.

Schoenauer
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Triple H wins at Backlash.
Feuds with RVD on Raw.
Beats RVD down, hold up the title.
Bah Gawd it's Sabu on Raw!
Beats the crap out of the game.
Points to the title, surely HE doesn't want the WWE title?
Nick Mondo debuts just before ONS saying that he deserves the title because he's been to the extreme that no other WWE superstar has gone through.
Fatal 4 Way at ONS.
I can't wait.