PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Sidelined...

CharismaInjection
04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Wrestling Machine dismantled
April 29, 2006

Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. “At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,” Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/angleinjury

I hope Kurt has a smooth and quick recovery.

Mark Henry takes out another one...

Mr. JL
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Fuck, I was looking forward to a Angle-Booker match sans beastality.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
There was a thread on him being injured. This could have been put in there.

Rob
04-29-2006, 12:04 PM
He needs to retire. The story going around is that he needs vicodin just to sleep now.

CharismaInjection
04-29-2006, 12:12 PM
I agree. He should retire. He is a great wrestler and has given us plenty of classic matches. But all these injuries are topping up and he has to stop doing this to himself. It can't be worth it...

Shadow
04-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Mark Henry needs to be shot.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Normal bullets would get absorbed by his fat

Rob
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Mark Henry needs to be shot.

Angle is in enough pain without this. And although it's on WWE.com, I wouldn't 100% believe he has a cracked rib. Maybe it's an excuse to get him off TV because everyone knows how tough Angle really is.

Team Sheep
04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
His screams on Smackdown sounded so real. The pain seemed unbearable. I definetely heard him shout at one point "My arm! My arm!!". As much as I hate to say it, I think for his and his family's sake, he needs to hang up his boots. He said so himself that he doesn't want to be unable to play with his daughter during her childhood, well he's heading towards a wheelchair right now.

Rob
04-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Honestly, I'm thinking he is wheelchair bound regardless.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
His screams on Smackdown sounded so real. The pain seemed unbearable. I definetely heard him shout at one point "My arm! My arm!!".

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I'm thinking he is wheelchair bound regardless.

I think he's gonna kill himself long before a wheelchair comes into play.

I hate to say it, but Angle's shown quite a bit of disregard for his own health in the past, and not just in terms of potential injury.

Rob
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
From F4Wonline

- WWE.com announced that Kurt Angle was out indefinitely with a cracked rib courtesy Mark Henry. Story is a total work. Angle has been complaining of neck issues for awhile, and this was a storyline to get him off the road a bit and out of the King of the Ring tournament. Why they chose to give Mark Henry of all people the rub, I've got no idea

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
HE's large and...Large.

Rob
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
And now from Meltzer

--Regarding Kurt Angle. Angle will be out of action for a few weeks. This was planned after the European tour due to his chronic neck problems. WWE.com under Michael Cole is undergoing a new direction to be more storyline oriented. They reported Angle suffered broken ribs from Mark Henry, which, is, of course, the TV angle. However, they didn't claim it was from the TV angle, which is really strange. Angle does have a rib injury in addition to his other injuries, but the time off to heal has nothing to do with that specific injury.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
So here's a question--Why even put him in KOTR?

Rob
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM
It's Angle. He'd wrestle with 2 broken legs if they'd let him.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
The question though, is why they let him?

Rob
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
They are dicks.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 03:41 PM
And they don't give a shit about their talent.

St. Jimmy
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
=/ seriously, for his loved ones, he needs to hang it up.

Londoner
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Great so when he does come back i'm guessing he's going to be in a feud with Mark Henry,well that will certainly help him stay free on injury...and I was looking forward to Booker/Angle.Fuck the WWE for getting my hopes up.I think Angle must've been put in the tournament just to give Orton an excuse to leave, and having his ankle broken was the best way they could think of.

The One
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
There is nothing more Angle can do in his career, for the sake of his daughter and for the ease of his wife, I would call it quits right now.

Rob
04-29-2006, 06:25 PM
His wife already left him.

The One
04-29-2006, 06:29 PM
That's right, I totally forgot.

The One
04-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Wait...didn't they work something out or something...

Rob
04-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Maybe. I don't know.

Wait until Dawn Marie asks for child support though :lol:

Vermaat
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
And people made fun of me for saying Kurt Angle is broken down.
I hope Kurt Angle has a good recovery and has some long time off althought he really should retire, he has nothing more to prove. He has had a good career.

And Henry injuring him is just an angle.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 07:15 PM

It's the sum total of what you said, tardboy.

Mr. Nerfect
04-29-2006, 08:17 PM

The point people were hammering into you was that Kurt Angle is still (arguably) the best guy on the WWE roster. Rey Mysterio is "broken down" in the terms Kurt Angle is.

I wish Angle the best, and although it would be a great loss, no one can fault Angle if he retires. Maybe have him come back for special appearances. Kurt Angle breaking a guy's ankle every now and then would surely be worth the mark-out moment.

Angle has a family. I think he got back together with his wife, and he really has his whole life ahead of him with a little girl. A lot of guys in this business "retire", then they go back to a life that has already passed due to their dedication to the business, so they come back again, and again, and again. Angle's career as a professional wrestler could easily convert into the role of a caring father. Replacing his passion now, while he has something to latch onto, is probably better than waiting until a point where you have to subside that passion altogether.

I'm selfish enough to mark the fuck out when Kurt Angle comes back, though.

Kane Knight
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
You have to want that life though.

Angle's still living in the ring.

James Steele
04-29-2006, 09:54 PM
I've said it several times that I believe Kurt needs to retire. I honestly don't want to have to see either A) Kurt Angle as a vegetable or B) losing Kurt Angle like so many other great reasonably young wrestlers.

Corporate Gr8 One
04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope Mark Henry gets hit in the fucking face with a tire.

James Steele
04-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I hope Mark Henry gets hit in the fucking face with a tire.

He'd just eat it.

James Steele
04-30-2006, 02:29 AM
He needs to retire. The story going around is that he needs vicodin just to sleep now.

You should really supply some kind of proof when you throw that kind of shit out there.

Thechampishere!
04-30-2006, 06:27 AM
If you don't know the Individual Personally ,then shut the hell up.
Jesus christ ,you fan obsessed nerds spreading shit ,Mark henry was made to play Big bad black man ,take angle out ,whilst angle already has Injuries.
It's a cover up story ,just like the "Austin run over" scenario at survivor series 99

s-hole
04-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Randy Orton- The Legend Killer

Gene Snitsky- The Baby Killer

Trish Stratus- The Pain Killer

Mark Henry- The Smackdown! roster killer

Rob
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
You should really supply some kind of proof when you throw that kind of shit out there.

Okay look at everything I have ever said on here. Do you seriously believe I'd make up something like this? Especially when I'm a massive Kurt Angle fan. For the last 2 years, I've been cringing every single time I see Angle take anything like a semi dangerous bump.

And if you want to believe wrestlers don't do pain pills then keep living in fantasy world. Bit funny how they start the drug testing and within a couple of weeks, Angle loses 30lbs of muscle mass and is on the bench with injuries isn't it?

I'll just go steal his medical records and post them on here though :roll:

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 09:40 AM
If you don't know the Individual Personally ,then shut the hell up.
Jesus christ ,you fan obsessed nerds spreading shit ,Mark henry was made to play Big bad black man ,take angle out ,whilst angle already has Injuries.
It's a cover up story ,just like the "Austin run over" scenario at survivor series 99

Henry has a legit history of injuring workers.

But I'm sure they were all cover up stories.

Xero
04-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Henry has a legit history of injuring workers.

But I'm sure they were all cover up stories.
Hey, I just though of Vermaat.

By his standards, this story his true because it's on WWE.com.

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Aside from the fact that Rob said "story is..." And we know what a story is. It's not always 100% true, it's a tale going around, either popular or true.

Aside from that.

There were several reports on TPWW a while back about Kurt's drug issues. I'd link you up to one or more if the "search" function wasn't being as worthless as Zach Gowen in an ass-kicking contest....

Right or wrong, Rob is not pulling this shit out of a vaccuum.

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Aside from the fact that Rob said "story is..." And we know what a story is. It's not always 100% true, it's a tale going around, either popular or true.

Aside from that.

There were several reports on TPWW a while back about Kurt's drug issues. I'd link you up to one or more if the "search" function wasn't being as worthless as Zach Gowen in an ass-kicking contest....

Right or wrong, Rob is not pulling this shit out of a vaccuum.

Rob
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
So true he said it twice.

Kane Knight
04-30-2006, 01:41 PM
The fucking server keeps burping when I quick reply.