PDA

View Full Version : Best pro career

The Miz
04-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Who will have the best career as an NFL QB?

SammyG
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Leinart in my opinion. Kurt Warner can teach him a lot of things, he's lucky to have a guy like Kurt on the same team.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I thought Leinart was the best to begin with but now looking at what he's going to have to work with in Arizona I'm even more positive he'll be the best.

I don't wanna give Arizona credit because they always screw something up but it looks like Dennis Green is doing a pretty good job at recreating the 98 Vikings

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not really sold on any of them, but out of those 3 i'd go with Leinhart. I think he will be the only one who is actaully succesful in the NFL at all, I don't think Young will do much. Feel the same about Cutler as well.

loopydate
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Leinart, with Young a close second. Young will do very well in Tennessee, since that system was set up for a QB (McNair) who plays a very similar style.

However, Leinart has so many weapons and - as we learned from his days in southern California - when he's surrounded by weapons, he's very very good. With Edge coming out of the backfield, and probably the best young pair of receivers in the league in Fitzgerald and Boldin (Detroit's Williams/Rogers tandem will be pretty lethal too if Rogers can get his act together), Leinart has a lot of places he can go with the ball.

Plus, as mentioned before, Leinart will be understudy to a Super Bowl-winning quarterback. And we've seen how talented QBs can do with that kind of mentor and those kinds of weapons. I'm not saying he'll be another Steve Young, but he'll have a very solid career.

Skippord
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Cutler(no bias here :shifty:.)

RoXer
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Leinart if the Cards don't fuck it up.

Joey Slugs
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Cutler

Mr. Monday Morning
05-01-2006, 05:44 AM
Marcus Vick

weather vane
05-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Vince Young will dominate. Mark my words.

FearedSanctity
05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Cutler, I hope

The Outlaw
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Cutler.

Bring MJ Garrett in. :shifty:

BCWWF
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
I could see Cutler ending up being real good, but I just can't justify saying that he will be really successful because we really haven't seen anything from him yet.

CSL
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Young will do very well in Tennessee, since that system was set up for a QB (McNair) who plays a very similar style.

<font color=white>Is McNair gonna be back (with the Titans) in the new season?</font>

loopydate
05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't think so. Things are pretty rocky between McNair and Titan management. I think he'll probably be traded right before training camp.

Gertner
05-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna say Cutler. He has outstanding vision for the field

CSL
05-05-2006, 07:19 AM
I don't think so. Things are pretty rocky between McNair and Titan management. I think he'll probably be traded right before training camp.

<font color=white>Ah well, there goes my soft spot for the Titans. 'The Freak' and McNair are 2 of my fave players and were the only reason I'd cheer on the Titans (against anyone except the Giantsssssss)</font>

CNM
05-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm biased, but I'll say Cutler. I think he'd be great pretty much anywhere, but he's going to an already upper echelon team, and that only help.

BCWWF
05-06-2006, 04:07 AM
CSL is the next CNM

Gonzo
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Cutler, the man was good at Vandy, c'mon... Vandy.

The Outlaw
05-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah I got to see him in person quite a few times. He was putting numbers up before his senior year, not as good as his senior year obviously but good numbers. Add in the fact that it's Vandy, his supporting staff, and the fact that Vanderbilt does not have an AD and you have to be impressed.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah but to look at it from a different angle, if you are a highly rated QB coming out of high school going to school like Vandy could kinda be seen as a cop out because you know you are never going to get any competition from any guys coming in. So even if you do half decent people are automatically going to think you are sick because you put up some stats for an awful team for a few years. Once you hear you got some NFL interest start really training yourself for the combine tests and watch your stock rise and rise as you rip through the combine testing. Not saying Cutler did this or thought any of this, but its possible.

RP
05-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I think Cutler will be the next coming of Elway for Denver. I truely mean that also. Look what he's stepping into. Denver has an amazing defense. Great offensive line. Brilliant running game. They got Javon Walker and they still have Lelie and Smith. Cutler has everything around him to be a monster superstar. I think all three of these QB's will be superstars and make tons of Pro Bowls. I think Cutler will be the best of them all.

RP
05-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Denver just needs a better tight end i think. I dont like the guy they drafted. Tight ends are a rookie QB's best friend.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah I've never heard of him and I watch college football all the time, he was highly rated I guess though? Don't see why the Bronocos didnt try trading up and getting Vernon Davis. Plumber led them to one game away from the Superbowl. He had one bad game, so what, so haven't a lot of other QBs in the playoffs. I mean a guy can throw 3 INTs in one game and nobody is saying that team needs to get a new QB :shifty: Or QBs are like 3-7 lifetime in the playoffs but you don't see those teams drafting QBs do you?

RP
05-08-2006, 12:54 AM
The difference between Peyton Manning and Plummer is that we know Manning is the best QB in the league and will eventually win a SB. Plummer is getting older and becoming more like Trent Dilfer. Tuck rule bitch!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Still had to capitalize on that

Rolling on the ground with control of the ball yet not an INT bitch ;)

el fregadero
05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl victory under his belt, though doesn't he?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-08-2006, 01:05 AM
With probably the 2nd best defense ever (85 Bears had the best) but yeah, he won that shit.

el fregadero
05-08-2006, 01:07 AM
RP was just talking about Denver's "amazing defense" too, so Plummer should be getting his Super Bowl some time soon I figure.

RP
05-08-2006, 02:16 AM
no you see. Baltimore could actually sack the quartback. Denver can only contrain, but they're pretty good at that though.

Yah whatever steemr

Joseph Addai reminds me so much of Eddie George.

RP
05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
After the Colts were eliminated last year i thought for sure it was Denver all the way

ClockShot
05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I had Matt Leinart picked but went to Jay Cutler. I understand Leinart went to a pretty good team with Kurt Warner to teach and a pretty good offensive line. But Knowing Arizona, something bad might happen. But Denver strengthened the defense and picked up Javon Walker along the way. Only thing I'm shaky on is the running game with Mike Anderson now in Baltimore. Cutler I think will have the best career overall if Denver plays their cards right.

RoXer
05-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Um, no. There is no "pretty good" o line. They have Davis and some potential in Lutui and maybe that new TE can throw a few blocks but thats about it.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Joseph Addai reminds me so much of Eddie George.
Joseph Addai - 5-11 214 lbs senior year: 911 rushing yards 9 TDs

Eddie George - 6-3 236 lbs senior year: 1927 rushing yards 24 TDs

yeah and Lawrence Maroney runs a 4.8 40

RP
05-09-2006, 02:38 AM
yeah and Lawrence Maroney runs a 4.8 40

Are you being sarcastic here? I really did see that on Sportsillustrated. I didnt just pull that out of my ass.

When i say Addai reminds me of George. I mean his style. He runs kind of upright and squares up on people. It probably just seemed like George ran that way because of how tall he was.

CSL
05-09-2006, 09:57 AM
CSL is the next CNM

<font color=white>Eh? :?: </font>