PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who speak spanish...

RoXer
05-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Could you translate the words to "Stairway to Heaven" into spanish for me? Theres a cinco de mayo party in one of my friend's spanish classes, and they're bringing their guitars and we will be singing rock songs in spanish. We might also do "The Memory Remains" and "Paradise City".

G-wrath
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
www.freetranslation.com

Mike the Metal Ed
05-02-2006, 08:37 PM
www.freetranslation.com (http://www.freetranslation.com)

Translating a song needs a bit more effort than copy and pasting into a crappy auto translator. ;)

G-wrath
05-02-2006, 10:06 PM
So does spanish homework, but that doesn't stop me.

loopydate
05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, it's really hard to make a legitimate translation of music. We used to sing reworked english songs in my Spanish classes, and a lot of times, big chunks of the lyrics were changed because the rhyme scheme didn't carry over.

And a song that's made up entirely of image metaphors like Stairway would be that much harder.

Nervous Ferret
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM
ranslation websites fuck you over 95% pf the time. They don't use the words in the right context, and other things of that nature

Kane Knight
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Free Spanish Translation:

Hay una dama que está segura todo que brilla es de oro Y ella compra una escalera al cielo Y cuando ella llega
a allí ella sabe si las tiendas se cierran Con una palabra que ella puede obtener lo que ella vino para

El infortunio ah ah ah ah ah Y ella compra una escalera al cielo

Hay un signo en la pared pero ella quiere estar seguro Y usted sabe a veces que palabras tienen dos
significados En el árbol por el arroyo hay un pájaro cantor que canta A Veces todos nuestros pensamientos son
hechos dudar

Hay un sentimiento yo obtengo cuando miro al oeste Y mi espíritu llora para salir En mis pensamientos yo he
visto los anillos del humo por los árboles Y las voces de los que se paran mirar

Y se cuchichéa eso pronto, si todos nosotros llamada el aire Entonces el flautista nos dirigirá a razonar Y un
día nuevo amanecerá para los que se paran mucho tiempo Y el bosque resonará con la risa

Y me hace me pregunto

Si hay una bulla en su seto vivo no es alarmada ahora Es apenas una primavera limpia para la Reina de mayo

Sí hay dos senderos que usted puede ir por pero hay a largo plazo todavía tiempo de cambiar el camino que
usted está en

La cabeza tararea y no irá porque usted no sabe que El flautista no es el llamamiento que usted unirlo
Estimada dama puede usted oye el golpe de viento y le hizo sabe Sus mentiras de escalera en el viento del
cuchicheo

Y cuando enrollamos en hacia abajo el camino Nuestras sombras más altas que nuestras almas Allí andan a una
dama que todos sabe Quién brilla la luz y las necesidades blancas para mostrar Cómo todo todavía vueltas al
oro Y si usted escucha muy duramente El aire vendrá a usted por fin Cuando todo es uno y uno todo deberá ser
una piedra y no arrollar el Infortunio ah ah ah ah ah Y ella compra una escalera al cielo

Hay una dama que está segura todo que brilla es de oro Y ella compra una escalera al cielo Y cuando ella llega
a allí ella sabe si las tiendas se cierran Con una palabra que ella puede obtener lo que ella vino para

Y ella compra una escalera al cielo, ajá ajá ajá.

Engrish:

There is a lady that is sure all that shines is of gold AND she buys a stair al sky AND when she arrives at there she knows if the stores close With a word that she
can obtain what she came for

The misfortune oh oh oh oh oh AND she buys a stair al sky

There is a sign in the wall but she wants to be sure AND you know at times that words have two meanings In the tree by the stream there is a songbird that sings at
times all our thoughts are facts to doubt

There is a feeling I obtain when I look at al western AND my spirit cries to leave In my thoughts I have seen the rings of the smoke by the trees AND the
voices of the ones that itself pair to look at

And itself cuchichéa that quick, if all of us call the air Then the flutist will direct us to reason AND a new day will wake up for the ones that itself even a lot
of time AND the forest will echo with the laughter

And it does me I ask me

If there is a confusion in its hedge I live he is not alarmed now Is barely a clean spring for the Queen of May

Yes there are two paths that you can go for but there is long-term still time to change the road that you are in

The head tararea and will not go because you do not know that The flutist is not the calling that you to unite it Reckoned lady you hear the gust of wind and
caused knows him Its lies about stair in the wind of the whisper

And when we roll up in downward the road Our higher shadows than our souls There walk a lady that all Who knows shines the light and the white needs to show How
all still returns al gold AND if you listen very harshly The air will come to you at last When all is one and one all should be a stone and not to roll the
Misfortune oh oh oh oh AND she buys a stair al sky

There is a lady that is sure all that shines he is of gold AND she buys a stair al sky AND when she arrives at there she knows if the stores close With a word that
she can obtain what she came for

And she buys a stair al sky, ah ah ah.

RoXer
05-03-2006, 12:18 AM
hahaha

el fregadero
05-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, don't trust freetranslation unless you shell out the bucks for the human translators, which I know you won't.

Kane Knight
05-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Freetranslation's great in a pinch, but useful for little else.

I used it to assist me in my french homework, but not to actually supercede the work.

Penner
05-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes there are two paths that you can go for but there is long-term still time to change the road that you are in

LOL

even though most of it is right, i still find it funny