PDA

View Full Version : Goal?

BCWWF
05-10-2006, 03:22 AM
Just saw an ad for it, never heard of it. The movie comes out on Friday, it looks like it's the story of a Hispanic soccer player making it in Europe or something. Anyway, has anybody heard of it and is it supposed to be good? I want to see it just because I am excited for the Champions League final and World Cup.

BCWWF
05-10-2006, 03:33 AM
Just did some research. IMDB has a movie called Goal! released in 2005, but then I also found one with the same cover and main title that is being released in 2006. I figure the first one is a UK version and now they are releasing it in the US.

From the brief synopsis, it says a guy from LA gets to play with I think Newcastle. I assume people here from the UK have seen it. Opinions?

Dave Youell
05-10-2006, 05:45 AM
It's actually not that bad.

Gives you that feeling when you watch a Rocky film. Basically this Mexican kid gets signed for Newcastle, has a tough time of it, gets through it all and has a glorious finalle.

There's going to be another 2 of these aparently, the next one the kid gets transferred to Real Madrid I think and wins the Champions League and then the 3rd is the world cup, but how anyone is going to beileve that Mexico can win the world cup is beyond me

packt up
05-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Didn't see it but I'm fron Newcastle so I'll just add a WOOOO here. Heard it's not the most terrible film ever might be good for a laugh.

CSL
05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
<font color=white>It's definately worth watching at least once</font>

Boondock Saint
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Are there actual Newcastle players in it?

Mr. Monday Morning
05-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah they went to the grounds and filmed actual matches, then basically spliced in footage of the actors. When Newcastle played Liverpool earlier in the season the actors were on the pitch at halftime I think kicking around, and then at full time they ran on and were going around shaking hands :D

Shearer has some lines if I remember.