PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg (RAW spoiler)

blake639raw
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Ok, so now that Goldberg is going to be in the first row for Brock's match against Eddie, I'm kinda thinking that Eddie might win the title at NWO. Goldberg will probably spear Lesnar, get frogsplashed by Eddie, and drop the belt. Then Angle challenges Eddie at Mania. I'm interested to see what happens. Angle could also play a large role in the outcome of the match. What does everybody else see happening?

Boondock Saint
02-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Hard to say, really. I would love to see Eddie win the belt. But for some reason I don't see it happening, yet. With both Angle and Goldberg most likely going to be involved here, it's tough to say exactly. Which is a good thing.

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Rob mentioned somewhere that they could do a "dusty finish" in this match. So you'd have Goldberg cost Lesnar the match, but then either on the show, or the next week on SD have Kurt Angle come out and show footage of Goldberg interfering, and then Heyman reverses the decision.

That way Eddie kinda gets screwed, people will want to see Eddie get the title back at some point, and the Angle-Eddie fued will be in full gear. On top of that, the title stays in the top end of the card and doesn't get burried like it would on Eddie, and Brock can stay strong by beating Goldberg at Mania to retain his title.

Sephiroth
02-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah i think it would be cool that Eddie would walk away with the title, but it's just really hard to say, maybe Chavo will disturb and blow the win for Eddie. It is really hard to say and we can only wait and see IMO.

Eunos
02-03-2004, 02:53 PM
I myself think it would be cool for Eddie to win the belt at No way out.

This could lead to an awesome Eddie/Angle feud for wrestlemania for the title :drool:

If Goldberg is leaving after WM it would seem pointless making the Lesner/Goldie match at mania for the title. It should just be a grudgematch...

At NWO Goldberg costs Lesner the Title just like Lesner cost Goldberg the Rumble.

But the WWE is very unpredictable.

Kristanna Vola
02-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah this could be a toss up. A world title match that isn’t so predictable. First (just a guess) I see Kurt telling Eddie, he wants to give him his due for winning the rumble and he would like to be in Eddies corner for ‘support or watch his back’ when he tries to win the title.

Naturally since Goldberg will be at NWO, you have to aspect he’ll get involved during the match. My guess is that he’ll probably spear the crap out of Brock. Goldberg will then leave the arena all together.

After that I’m guessing, Eddie will cover Brock. Maybe Angle then will pull Eddie out of the ring just as the ref was going to count three or maybe he'll put Brock's foot on the rope. Kurt will do that cocky smirk of his; Eddie will get distracted thanks to Angle; Brock will have gotten up by then. F-5 Eddie. 1, 2, 3. Brock retains.

I would like to see Eddie/Angle for the championship at WMXX. Because seeing Brock and Goldberg for the title when we all know (at the moment) Goldberg is leaving the WWE. It doesn’t make the title match anymore meaningful. Except too give Brock more credibility, which I can live with it. :shifty:

The CyNick
02-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I dont see the problem with Goldberg's last match with the company being for the WWE Title. You have to understand that the number of people who know that Goldberg is likely finished the day after Mania is mimimal. Its like maybe 5% of the audience. Yeah the people in MSG might know (you gotta figure there will be more hardcore fans in the arena than there are at a normal show). But the real money is made on PPV, and if 600-900K people oder the PPV and say 30K (its not even that many) know what is going to happen, thats not really a big deal. The most important factor should be making the WWE look as strong as possible. Having Eddie win the title thanks to Goldberg and then work a match 5th or 6th from the top at Mania does so much damage for that title.

Kristanna Vola
02-03-2004, 04:18 PM
I didn't add it in my post...I agree with you that I would rather Eddie not win the title because of Goldberg. I already know that their is no way Eddie will beat Brock cleanly at NWO if he does defeat them. I know the casual fan has no clue that Goldberg is leaving.

I hear you on the ppv buys and everything. The match will 'sell' be it for the title or not for the title. Just personal perference :)

The Naitch
02-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Yeah, any mark would believe that Goldberg had any chance of taking away the WWE title. Only makes Brock look stronger to face Goldberg in a title match. Eddie and Angle don't need the belt in their feud.

Ricky
02-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah not that many people know that Goldberg is probably leaving after Wrestlemania, so to the average fan it won't be obvious who is going to win.

Corkscrewed
02-03-2004, 05:12 PM
While I'd be happy to see Eddie win, at this point and time, Eddie would be viewed as a fluke champ. He needed Goldberg's help to beat Lesnar, not his own skill.

I'd say give him the title AFTER he works his program with Angle. By that time, he should have been sufficiently elevated to make the switch believable.

My prediction remains Brock retains despite Goldberg's interference due to Angle's interference.

Savio
02-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I like how in the promo's that guy speaks spanish.