PDA

View Full Version : Top Albums

KillerWolf
05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
If you could have several CDs but only keep one album by any particular band, what albums would you keep? and NO best of albums, not even from KISS.

Danzig:

the toss-up: II, III, IV, Circle of Snakes

the keeper: II. Danzig II Lucifuge is the definitive Danzig album, and though it may not be the one i currently listen to the most, it will always come back around to that album.

Slayer:

the toss up: Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss

the keeper: Seasons in the Abyss. While Reign in Blood is the definitive Slayer album-and the definitive speed metal album, i would listen to Seasons in the Abyss a lot more frequently. basically, Reign in Blood is too fast for me to enjoy anymore like i did when i was in 8th grade.

Ozzy:

the toss up: Diary of a Madman, Speak of the Devil, The Ultimate Sin

the keeper: Speak of the Devil. great sounding live album - Sabbath tunes sound better that any Black Sabbath studio album.

Marilyn Manson:

the keeper: Holywood. best good track to filler ratio of all his stuff IMO.

Motley Crue:

the keeper: Shout at the Devil. what else?

anyway. these are just a few.

Kane Knight
05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
You say no best of, then you go an put on a live record which is essentially a compilation?

Gertner
05-13-2006, 11:38 AM
good call kk

KillerWolf
05-13-2006, 12:33 PM
You say no best of, then you go an put on a live record which is essentially a compilation?

dude, Speak of the Devil is not a best of.

OssMan
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
captain beefheart - trout mask replica

Kane Knight
05-14-2006, 11:20 AM
dude, Speak of the Devil is not a best of.

Note I said "compilation?"

Live records compile hits. In this case, Sabbath tracks. IT's really the same diff.

Kane Knight
05-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I nominate Queen Rocks. It's not really a best of, as it's a compilation of tracks, many of which were not considered their "best" or even hits. But no way is it a best of. :lol:

KillerWolf
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Note I said "compilation?"

Live records compile hits. In this case, Sabbath tracks. IT's really the same diff.

also, Note I said Ozzy, not Black Sabbath. there is no other Ozzy record that has those songs. This makes Speak of the Devil uninque in this respect, i guess.

i was gonna go with Alive II for KISS, but i guess i wont. but Speak of the Devil stays, dammit!

KillerWolf
05-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Iron Maiden:

the toss up: Killers, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time

the keeper: i'd probably have to go with Killers.

KillerWolf
05-14-2006, 12:34 PM
The Misfits:

the keeper: Legacy of Brutality. it most resembles what i like about the Misfits.

KillerWolf
05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers:

dont they have an album called, "At Some Point In Every Song We Have To Mention the Word "California" :shifty:

Kane Knight
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
also, Note I said Ozzy, not Black Sabbath. there is no other Ozzy record that has those songs. This makes Speak of the Devil uninque in this respect, i guess.

i was gonna go with Alive II for KISS, but i guess i wont. but Speak of the Devil stays, dammit!

It's still a compilation, and you are REALLY splitting hairs to try and justify it.

weather vane
05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
lol

WHO CARES KK? Just do whatever then.

weather vane
05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Prism - Prism
AC/DC - Back In Black
Metallica - Black Album
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Desturction
Poison - Open Up and Say ... Ahh