PDA

View Full Version : ECW Barely Legal

crash99
05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
This is not to start another thread to talk about ECW, but with the angle set in place, and it obviously only being a matter of time before the ECW brand kicks off, I decided to go back and watch their very first ppv back in 1997, Barely Legal. I have heard a lot of different opinions on the show, and I was just wondering what everyone here thought of it. It would be nice to go back and look back at the real ECW, and one of its more historic events.

I never saw the show, until years later, and never was big into ECW, but i thought it was a solid show. I thought the Michinoku Pro 6 man was a lot of fun, and the three dance was a pretty chaotic brawl. I enjoyed the show overall.

What did everyone else think?

NeanderCarl
05-14-2006, 01:38 AM
It was a let down. It took ECW several attempts to translate the ECW product into a PPV format, and by the time they finally did, the glory years were over. Some people site Barely Legal '97 as the start of the downward spiral.

It had its moments, but it wasn't anywhere near the quality one would have expected from ECW at that point in time.