PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

The Greater Power
05-16-2006, 07:08 PM
THIS is the 9/11 movie I've been waiting for. Now, I haven't seen United 93, but this one looks way better by far. I believe it tells the true story of two firefighters. Nicholas Cage is in it, however it appears to be all German.

Some of the shots of the WTC collapsing are just tremendous.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Evlio5kr-QY&search=world%20trade%20center%20trailer

Smitty
05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
It's a German trailer...and I hope this movie doesn't make a mockery of the events...and Nic Cage is not my top choice to play a role like this either...but it is Oliver Stone, so it should be alright.

RP
05-17-2006, 02:39 AM
I think Cage can pull it off.

Lara Emily
05-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Let's see United 93 which went as far as to cast the real life air traffic controllers, military officials who dealt with everything that happened on 9/11 or WTC that narrows the entire tragedy to the story of two men (so the film can have a happy ending I presume) and is directed by Mr. historical inaccuracy himself Oliver Stone hmmm which is going to end up being better?
Although Stone didn't write the screenplay so maybe it won't be as bad.

Lara Emily
05-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I think Cage can pull it off.

Cage pulls off one good type of character smarmy asshole. Well ok two he pulls of smarmy loser too.

Funky Fly
05-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Yeah, what's the deal with cashing in on tragedies?

Downunder
05-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Let's see United 93 which went as far as to cast the real life air traffic controllers, military officials who dealt with everything that happened on 9/11 or WTC that narrows the entire tragedy to the story of two men (so the film can have a happy ending I presume) and is directed by Mr. historical inaccuracy himself Oliver Stone hmmm which is going to end up being better?

The story of two men eh?

Brokeback Trade Centre

toxic rooster
05-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Isn't it like 22.3 years before you're allowed to cash in on a tragedy?

toxic rooster
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
English trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40y-GtsbKDE

D Mac
05-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Isn't it like 22.3 years before you're allowed to cash in on a tragedy?

I'm ready to see a movie about it. Something about someone who is caught up in it and becomes a hero or leader or something like that.

RP
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
nigger just said Brokeback trade center.

Savio
05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
They have to have a scene of a person looking out the window when the first plane hit, because that really happened.

toxic rooster
05-19-2006, 12:07 PM
That shot on the street of the first plane going overhead, is it just me or is that shadow disproportionately enormous?

toxic rooster
05-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Right, way to ruin the movie in the trailer. Nicolas Cage clearly survives.

Kane Knight
05-19-2006, 02:08 PM

God, could you be any more run-on?

Anyway, even the trailers for United 93 were "historically inaccurate."

Who gives a shit if Stone is involved, United (Which you are fellating, teeth and all) already showed that making it dramatic and epic (They fought off a terrorrist attack, one would think they didn't need to "jazz it up" any more than that) is more important than sticking to the truth.

The vultures will circle. They will pick the parts of the carcass that interest them, and then they will leave the bones to bleach. Does it matter if it's Stone or not?

Kane Knight
05-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Right, way to ruin the movie in the trailer. Nicolas Cage clearly survives.

A lot of movies tell you if the character wins or loses or lives or dies in the first 30 seconds of the movie. So fucking what?

(Note, I haven't seen trailers, nor will I watch this movie, I really don't give a shit)

Supreme Olajuwon
05-19-2006, 03:19 PM
This seems like the type of project that people will try to find any reason to rip on. So it's historically inaccurate. Who cares? Most records of events in history are biased and inaccurate themselves so how can we expect reenactments to be accurate when the actual records aren't? I mean if the movie sucks then the movie sucks but at least find a good reason to bash it.

Shit man, I heard that Da Vinci Code movie was historically inaccurate. That's bullshit man.

Dammit, Forrest Gump never met with no President and he didn't show LBJ his bullet wound. That ain't how it happened! In fact, I heard Forrest Gump never even served in Vietnam.

toxic rooster
05-20-2006, 10:38 AM
He probably never even played ping pong

Kane Knight
05-20-2006, 12:18 PM
This seems like the type of project that people will try to find any reason to rip on. So it's historically inaccurate. Who cares? Most records of events in history are biased and inaccurate themselves so how can we expect reenactments to be accurate when the actual records aren't? I mean if the movie sucks then the movie sucks but at least find a good reason to bash it.

Shit man, I heard that Da Vinci Code movie was historically inaccurate. That's bullshit man.

Dammit, Forrest Gump never met with no President and he didn't show LBJ his bullet wound. That ain't how it happened! In fact, I heard Forrest Gump never even served in Vietnam.

For the record, several groups areprotesting DVC on "historical accuracy" grounds, including one of the grounds portrayed as villains.

While it may seem like a good way to mock the ridiculousness...People are actually protesting the damn work of fiction.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM
It would seem to me that the whole historical accuracy argument over Jesus' life by Christians would take a serious hit due to the fact that there are four different accounts of his life in the Bible plus who knows how many else that weren't included. But then again I'm not protesting.

Downunder
05-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Two men, twin towers pointing skyward, penetration by an aeroplane - COME ON!!!!!!!!

If that's not the script for Brokeback 9/11 I don't know what is. Let's face it there is a good chance some of the people killed in the WTC collapse were gay, I think the story should focus on that instead of all the doom and destruction. Of course they would both have to die in the end to keep Bush and the church happy.

Downunder
05-21-2006, 06:11 AM
BTW they will have to be white men - if two black men were killed in the movie Kanye would totally flip.

Kane Knight
05-24-2006, 09:04 PM
It would seem to me that the whole historical accuracy argument over Jesus' life by Christians would take a serious hit due to the fact that there are four different accounts of his life in the Bible plus who knows how many else that weren't included. But then again I'm not protesting.

They're Christians. Already, I take anything they do with a grain of salt. Especially in this country.

Kane Knight
05-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Two men, twin towers pointing skyward, penetration by an aeroplane - COME ON!!!!!!!!

If that's not the script for Brokeback 9/11 I don't know what is. Let's face it there is a good chance some of the people killed in the WTC collapse were gay, I think the story should focus on that instead of all the doom and destruction. Of course they would both have to die in the end to keep Bush and the church happy.

Come on, you can do better than Brokeback 9-11.

Brokeback Mohammed?

Savio
05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I hope spiderman is in this movie.

BCWWF
05-27-2006, 03:00 AM
I saw the trailor last night and I don't think it will be better than United 93. It just looked like it was made Hollywood to the max, showing the brave police men stepping up and opting to go inside. There is no denying that those guys are heros, but United 93 didn't glorify the event, and it looks like this movie is.

Disturbed316
05-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw the trailer the other day and all I could think about was how odd Nicholas Cage looks with a moustache.

BCWWF
05-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Lol my friend said the exact same thing

Downunder
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Come on, you can do better than Brokeback 9-11.

Brokeback Mohammed?

The story of 2 gay Muslim airline pilots??