EAST

Jason Kidd
Kenyon Martin
Baron Davis
Jamaal Magloire
Michael Redd
Paul Pierce

Im forgetting someone in the East :|.
LeBron shoulda probably made it over whoever the heck I left out then.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2004, 09:11 PM
holy crap Redd made it

thats great. One of the best players nobody's heard of. Kirilenko too

DaveWadding
02-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Artest is the other guy.

The Icon of Elisim
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Ray Allen making it is a joke. He played 25 games, IMO that means he shouldn't be considered over guys like Randolph, Carmelo, Bibby and others. This isn't fan voting, they should be picking the guys who had the most impressive first half.

Other than that the choices are pretty good. So happy to see Magloire on there.

BCWWF
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
I swear Shaq doesn't really deserve it either, he sat out the past few weeks with like a stubbed toe. Also, wow at LeBron not making it. I am very surprised he was not voted on.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2004, 11:13 PM
LeBron would have made it over Pierce, so I really don't mind

Magloire shouldn't have made it, but they got some stupid rule where you need back up centers or something dumb like that. 'Bron should have made it over him.

loopydate
02-03-2004, 11:15 PM
:y: to the NBA for not forcing LeBron into this game. Of course, that means he'll be playing the entire length of the Rookie Game (unless he's worried about "injuring himself"). The Rookie game should be pretty good, actually. I didn't see the rosters posted here, so here they are (I'll edit them out if somebody already did):

ROOKIES
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem
Jarvis Hayes
Kirk Hinrich
Josh Howard
LeBron James
Chris Kaman (:D)
Dwayne Wade

SOPHOMORES
Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
Emanuel Ginobili
Marko Jaric
Ronald Murray
Nenê
Tayshaun Prince
Amaré Stoudemire
Yao Ming

Plus, a shootout with Brent Barry, Chauncey Billups, Voshon Lenard, Rashard Lewis, Cuttino Mobley, and Peja Stojakovic.

Could be a better-than-average All-Star weekend. Now, if Ben Wallace wins the game's MVP, Kaman does the same in the Rookie game, Chauncey wins the shootout, and J-Rich wins another dunk contest... :yes:

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
wtf why isnt David West in the rookie game

gaaaay

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
What team is he on?

Rookie team is going to kill the Sophs I think

loopydate
02-03-2004, 11:22 PM
I agree with Supreme. David West is averaging almost four boards a game in just a little over eleven minutes. That's a Rebounds Per 48 Minutes average higher than Ben Wallace's!

The Icon of Elisim
02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
It should be interesting to see who starts the rookie game.

I'd guess that it'll be Hayes and LeBron in the back court. Bosh, Carmello and Haslem in the front court. But you could make a case for anyone to start

BTW Yao won't play in the sophmore rookie game since he is in the all star game

Loose Cannon
02-04-2004, 09:38 AM
WTF at Randolph not even being on the reserves. And Redd should be a starter not a reserve. Dam fans for picking this sh**. It should be the best players in the first half make it, not everyone's FAVORITE GOOD PLAYERS.

SuperSlim
02-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I still think it's kinda screwed that LeBron didn't make it and some of those other guys did

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-04-2004, 04:58 PM
I heard they put in a new rule that THEY have to play in the Rookie/Soph game even if they are in the all star game (Probably thinking the 'Bron and/or Melo would have been selected to both)

Dunno if it's true or not though

Gertner
02-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Great to see Kirlenko made it. I've been a huge jazz fan my whole life, and i'm so happy to see them doing good.

The Dub
02-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Zach Randolph was the biggest snub of them all. The only reason Steve Francis gets to be a starter is because of Yao Ming. As long as Yao gets voted on, he will too. Mike Bibby has has a better season and was snubbed.

The Outlaw
02-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Here's a letter I wrote to an associated press writer.

It goes along with the topic.

I read your article located at http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-stevewilstein&prov=ap&type=lgns entitled "James belongs in All-Star game"

I have a few comments and questions about it.

"As big as the hype was that attended his leap to the NBA at 18, James has delivered. He looks like a man, plays like a man and has taken the league's sorriest team into playoff contention faster than anyone could reasonably expect."

Now, the Cleveland Cavaliers are 19-30. Again, I say 19-30. They are 6th in the Central standings. I agree with the fact that James has delivered and plays like a man among men, but playoff contention? I ask for you to explain that to me.

Now, if you were talking about Carmelo, I would agree with you, because he has led his team to a 29-21 record so far. This is 12 more wins than they had all last year. But enough about the Nugs, this is about LeBron.

"Fans voted Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady as starting guards, and there's no quibbling with those choices. They're the top two scorers in the East and they're established stars.

There's less defense for the coaches picking guards Paul Pierce and Michael Redd, along with Jason Kidd and Baron Davis, ahead of James. Or for the 29 coaches voting not to find room for James among the other reserves: Jamaal Magloire, Ron Artest and Kenyon Martin. The other starters picked by the fans are Vince Carter, Jermaine O'Neal and Ben Wallace."

Now, out of the last set of guys, who do you think shouldn't be there and LeBron take his place? I'm going to rundown their stats and throw in my two cents.

Paul Pierce - 22.9 points/game, 5.4 Assists/game, 1.6 Steals/Game, 6.7 Rebounds/Game. To compliment Pierce, this is a down year for him. I'm sure a lot of guys would love to have those stats and say it isn't their best. Then again, his 4+ TO/game doesn't look too good.

Michael Redd - 21.9 points/game, 2.2 Assists/game, 1.0 Steals/Game, 5.1 Rebounds/Game. Redd's year has been unbelievable. He has burst onto the scene of an All-Star caliber player.

Jason Kidd - 17.1 points/game, 9.5 Assists/game, 1.8 Steals/Game, 6.5 Rebounds/Game. There's nothing really you can say about Kidd that hasn't been said. He deserves to be on there.

Baron Davis - 23.3 points/game, 7.9 Assists/game, 2.4 Steals/Game, 4.2 Rebounds/Game. I know, these stats are without JMash, but it's dang good stats to say the least.

Jamaal Magloire - 12.0 points/game, 1.3 Assists/game, 0.6 Steals/Game, 9.4 Rebounds/Game. Eh, he's a good player, stats don't stand up to me, but he's a solid player.

Ron Artest - 17.7 points/game, 3.9 Assists/game, 2.1 Steals/Game, 5.3 Rebounds/Game. I believe this was a gimme from last year? All I've heard is people are glad he got it due to the fact that he should have made it last year.

Kenyon Martin - 17.7 points/game, 2.5 Assists/game, 1.6 Steals/Game, 9.8 Rebounds/Game. Guys a monster. I'm not a KMart fan, but he produces.

Vince Carter - 21.1 points/game, 4.7 Assists/game, 1.1 Steals/Game, 4.7 Rebounds/Game. Vinsanity is an exciting player. He wows the crowd just as much as anybody at times. Great player.

Jermaine O'Neal - 20.4 points/game, 2.0 Assists/game, 0.8 Steals/Game, 10.3 Rebounds/Game 2.7 Blocks/game. He has emerged as a top player in the league. This year is his breakout year. I don't see how he wouldn't have made it.

Ben Wallace - 9.4 points/game, 2.0 Assists/game, 1.8 Steals/Game, 13.2 Rebounds/Game 3.1 Blocks/game. Defensive powerhouse. I definately think he deserves it, as he isn't a flashy guy that wants to score all the time, which is nice for a change. Plus, he's a hometown Bama boy, so I gotta support him.

And finally:

LeBron James - 20.9 points/game, 5.9 Assists/game, 1.5 Steals/Game, 5.8 Rebounds/Game

Wow, his stats are a lot higher than I originally assumed. He commits some turnovers, but that's being nitpicky. He's a solid player and he wows the crowd. Now, I'm not the kind of guy that goes on stats alone, but this is ludicrous. I agree with you, but the only players I see that he could have made it over is Artest, Carter, and Redd. I would say Magloire, but isn't there a rule where you have to have a backup center?

By the way, the only reason I threw in O'neal and Wallace's Blocks/game was because they are the only ones with a substantial amount.

I just thought I would send you an email and praise your article, although it did have that one fault.

Great job and keep em coming.

(Oh yeah, and what are your thoughts on Randolph, Bibby, and Carmelo not making it as well?)

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Zach Randolph was the biggest snub of them all. The only reason Steve Francis gets to be a starter is because of Yao Ming. As long as Yao gets voted on, he will too. Mike Bibby has has a better season and was snubbed.
With all the votes coming from China now, I'm surprised more people from the Rockets don't crack the starting lineups lol

The Outlaw
02-05-2004, 03:44 PM

It's not like Francis is a scrub or anything.

BCWWF
02-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Cassell is clearly the top point guard in the West right now. IMO Bibby is better than Francis, this year at least. My two cents.

Crimson
02-06-2004, 09:12 PM
The rookie game should be good, im looking forward to that one. The sophomores will get schooled by the rookies.

The Dub
02-11-2004, 01:32 PM
It's not like Francis is a scrub or anything.
Francis is not a scrub. I'll admit that, but is he the best point guard in the West? No Way. Does he deserve to be a starter in the All-Star game? No way. There are at least two I can name that have had a better first half than Stevie Franchise : Sam Cassell and Mike Bibby.

DaveWadding
02-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Just because someone votes on the starters doesnt mean they know what the fu</>ck they're doing, and thats what it all boils down to.

BCWWF
02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Just because someone votes on the starters doesnt mean they know what the fu</>ck they're doing, and thats what it all boils down to.

Word :y: