PDA

View Full Version : The problem with TNA

Vermaat
05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
TNA is using wrestlers that have FAILED in WCW. TNA is trying to compete with the WWE but their stars are not up to par.

For example, Scott Steiner? SCOTT STEINER? this guy first failed in WCW and then WWE made the mistake of signing him and he failed again.

Kevin Nash. This guy also failed in WCW and failed in WWE.
These guys are not stars, there's a reason they're not in the WWE.

Jeff Jarrett. This pathetic joke was not able to make a name for himself in either WCW or WWE.

TNA is trying to pick up old wrestlers that have already failed twice and built around them. WCW tried building around them and it did not work.

If TNA wants to be competetive they need to build REAL stars. Not sign old guys that no one cares about. That's their problem. It's not the time slot, it's not the booking, it's not all of that. There is no mystery why TNA is not competitive right now. They're just not having the right talent.

There are some promising stars in TNA but TNA is putting all the focus on OLD MEN. They're not popular anymore, save your money TNA.

FakeLaser
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
lol, Kevin Nash still wrestles?

Volare
05-19-2006, 05:31 PM
you thing they sell more of the "Old Guys"? or something only they have called the X-DIVISION!! That's why Nash is there to promote it (kinda)

Mister Sinister
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey Listen here Bucko...Scott Steiner was a good WCW Champion

Nash is great on the mic...

And Jarrett is good at giving Blowjobs...Lay off them

Arnold HamNegger
05-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't know, I rather enjoyed this weeks Impact. But then again, I was a WCW and ECW mark. Something about seeing Christian, Scott Steiner, Sting, Raven and Rhino all together in one room was cool IMO. (I don't include JJ or The Truth.) Plus, I like Nash's new angle for some reason.

I see your point, only if you had it phrased differently. TNA is using wrestlers past their primes maybe, but I'd hardly say that Steiner and Nash were failures. Steiner was the man in WCW for a while. He was part of (arguably) one of the best Tag Teams in WCW history as well as having a successful singles run.

Nash....well, you're just being foolish here. The guy only was a HUGELY popular WWE/F Champion and part of the catalyst that sparked "The Monday Night War." He is part of single handedly, the most popular invasion/angle in modern wrestling history. When he jumped ship with Hall to WCW, they had such a following that WCW actually destroyed WWE in ratings for quite some time. How could you possibly define that as a failure? Past his prime, yes. But failure...come on Vermaat, that's absurd.

Kane Knight
05-19-2006, 06:49 PM
TNA is using wrestlers that have FAILED in WCW.

So did WWE.

Corkscrewed
05-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't watch TNA, so I'm not going to even attempt to argue (because I know I won't have much of one because I have no validity), but do you feel that CAPITALIZING certain words makes them seem more valid? :lol:

Arnold HamNegger
05-19-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't watch TNA, so I'm not going to even attempt to argue (because I know I won't have much of one because I have no validity), but do you feel that CAPITALIZING certain words makes them seem more valid? :lol:

ABSOLUTELY

Innovator
05-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Nash....well, you're just being foolish here. The guy only was a HUGELY popular WWE/F Champion Do you know how bad of a shape WWF was when he was champion?

LK
05-19-2006, 06:57 PM
TNA is using wrestlers that have FAILED in WCW. TNA is trying to compete with the WWE but their stars are not up to par.

For example, Scott Steiner? SCOTT STEINER? this guy first failed in WCW and then WWE made the mistake of signing him and he failed again.

Jeff Jarrett. This pathetic joke was not able to make a name for himself in either WCW or WWE.

TNA is trying to pick up old wrestlers that have already failed twice and built around them. WCW tried building around them and it did not work.

If TNA wants to be competetive they need to build REAL stars. Not sign old guys that no one cares about. That's their problem. It's not the time slot, it's not the booking, it's not all of that. There is no mystery why TNA is not competitive right now. They're just not having the right talent.

There are some promising stars in TNA but TNA is putting all the focus on OLD MEN. They're not popular anymore, save your money TNA.

I could very easily explain why TNA are signing these guys but you'll probably ignore the facts and go on a rant about what will "make it, or break it for TNA"

Arnold HamNegger
05-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Do you know how bad of a shape WWF was when he was champion?

So you would also define him as a failure then? Apples and Oranges here, but Brett Hart was champion during those times too.

Schoenauer
05-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Kevin Nash? You're dissing Kevin Nash? That guy is ON FIRE! The only BAD APPLE I see that could possibly MAKE IT OR BREAK IT is that Jeff Hardy mark, which is UNACCEPTABLE!

Mister Sinister
05-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't know, I rather enjoyed this weeks Impact. But then again, I was a WCW and ECW mark. Something about seeing Christian, Scott Steiner, Sting, Raven and Rhino all together in one room was cool IMO. (I don't include JJ or The Truth.) Plus, I like Nash's new angle for some reason.

I see your point, only if you had it phrased differently. TNA is using wrestlers past their primes maybe, but I'd hardly say that Steiner and Nash were failures. Steiner was the man in WCW for a while. He was part of (arguably) one of the best Tag Teams in WCW history as well as having a successful singles run.

Nash....well, you're just being foolish here. The guy only was a HUGELY popular WWE/F Champion and part of the catalyst that sparked "The Monday Night War." He is part of single handedly, the most popular invasion/angle in modern wrestling history. When he jumped ship with Hall to WCW, they had such a following that WCW actually destroyed WWE in ratings for quite some time. How could you possibly define that as a failure? Past his prime, yes. But failure...come on Vermaat, that's absurd.

And you can't discount the fact, that Nash is the highest Drawing Champion of all time, He had the Charts to prove it!

Skippord
05-19-2006, 09:01 PM

IF YOU EVER FUCKING MENTION SABIN I WILL INFACT EAT YOUR HEART GO KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF OR READ A GOD DAMN BOOK JUST STAY OFF TPWW GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

Skippord
05-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I am a terrible E-Heel

Kane Knight
05-19-2006, 09:17 PM
So you would also define him as a failure then? Apples and Oranges here, but Brett Hart was champion during those times too.

Well, Bret Hart never drew a dime...

...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xero
05-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Bret had a dream... A dream... That one day, he'd draw a dime. And with that dime, oh Lord, with that dime he'd feed the ENTIRE nation of Canada! And he'd be a hero to all.

Kane Knight
05-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Bret had a dream... A dream... That one day, he'd draw a dime. And with that dime, oh Lord, with that dime he'd feed the ENTIRE nation of Canada! And he'd be a hero to all.

Mmmm...American currency.

M-A-G
05-19-2006, 10:34 PM
The list of problems with TNA would crash the forums but I'd say that covers about a fraction of them.

Shadow
05-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Kevin Nash? You're dissing Kevin Nash? That guy is ON FIRE! The only BAD APPLE I see that could possibly MAKE IT OR BREAK IT is that Jeff Hardy mark, which is UNACCEPTABLE!

Talking about me I see.

First off, Vermin....I hope there is a gun store somewhere near you. Go there. Purchase a weapon. Put it to your temple. Realize you didn't buy ammunition, go back. Purchase ammo and then proceed to blow your brains out.

The only point you made that I happen to agree with is the remarks about Jeff Jarrett. The only fucking way I'd ever watch him is if they're showing his exucution. That's it. Nash? A failure? The man happens to be one of the best talkers in the biz. His interview with Shelly was hilarious. This program they've got with Nash vs. the X Division should be phenominal.

And to tell you the truth, Stiener is looking better than he's ever been. Sure the WWE fucked him over but he's actually doing well in TNA. Haven't seen him wrestle as of yet but from clips I've seen, him and Joe should have one of the best fueds ever.

Oh and sig time!

mike627
05-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Talking about me I see.

First off, Vermin....I hope there is a gun store somewhere near you. Go there. Purchase a weapon. Put it to your temple. Realize you didn't buy ammunition, go back. Purchase ammo and then proceed to blow your brains out.

The only point you made that I happen to agree with is the remarks about Jeff Jarrett. The only fucking way I'd ever watch him is if they're showing his exucution. That's it. Nash? A failure? The man happens to be one of the best talkers in the biz. His interview with Shelly was hilarious. This program they've got with Nash vs. the X Division should be phenominal.

And to tell you the truth, Stiener is looking better than he's ever been. Sure the WWE fucked him over but he's actually doing well in TNA. Haven't seen him wrestle as of yet but from clips I've seen, him and Joe should have one of the best fueds ever.

Oh and sig time! You seem to think that God wolud have mercy on him..:lol:

PureHatred
05-20-2006, 04:21 AM

I genuinely agree with this entire post (outside of theminordetail that JJ has a piece of the company and that TNA has reallyno choice but touse him). I watch TNA regularly and the worst segments lately have been the ones with the WCW guys. They haven't improved ratings a lick. They didn't generate any increase in buy rates for the PPVs.

Now, if Nash continues to cut the great promos he'sbeen cutting, and actually follows through and puts the X guys over..that might help.

But other than that...Vermaat is right. The "names" are a total waste of time and money.