PDA

View Full Version : Which division does Rey Mysterio deserve ?

the wwe champion
05-21-2006, 03:31 AM
On a personal note where does Rey Mysterio belongs ?

D Mac
05-21-2006, 03:34 AM
WTF did you black that out for?

the wwe champion
05-21-2006, 03:43 AM
Thanks! I just forgot to edit it.

SammyG
05-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Yeah guys, where does Rey Mysterio belongs?

Mr. Aristocrat
05-21-2006, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Rey in the United States Title hunt, but I don't think he is a good choice for it. Rey's best work comes when you take him away from the title belt picture. He was the first popular american spot monkey. That was his draw. You don't need a title belt to be a spot monkey. You don't need to be in the hunt for a belt to be a draw. The best thing Rey has done since he arrived in WWE was his fued with Eddie Guerrero. Now I am going to be honest and say that Eddie carried more then his weight in the angle, but that still was Rey's best work. I don't know why, but I just don't care to see a title belt on him. If it's the Cruiser Belt, it's more or less just a sense of "who didn't know he would eventually win the belt?" And if it's a "normal" belt, I just can't buy someone his size can win it, not to mention defend it.

That's something a lot of "smarks" don't like to admit, but it's true. A lot of times I have noticed smarks like to say that it's all about booking, and anyone can be made to look like anything with the right story, but at the end of the day, there is something to be said about the size of the guy. I have a lot of respect for the road Mysterio traveled to get where he is today (less repsect for the past few months, but that's another story). So I am not trying to bash him, I just don't think he is one of those guys who can carry a belt and maintain the level of respect/honor that others before him have established. And while we're on the topic, I don't think anyone cares more about Rey-Rey when he is in the middle of the title scene. His draw is he is small and does pop/flashy moves. That's it.

So what's my ultimate answer? I say he should be an Upper-Midcard player. Someone who's main purpose is to elevate others to that "Main Event" status.

Cuzziebro
05-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Put him back in the Tag Team Division.

Hired Hitman
05-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Rey makes a great tag team wrestler, his style can mix with anybodies and create interesting double team moves.

IC/US Title because he is atleast worth it :-\

World Championship Division, if he acted and wrestled like a champion and not a little bitch, ie. lately.

Funky Fly
05-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Fuck, I don't care. Let's just see some better typing skills from the newbies, please.

Rammsteinmad
05-21-2006, 06:24 AM
IC/US.

Funky Fly
05-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Also, why is Raw it's own division? Is being a curtain jerker on Raw better than being WHC on Smackdown or something?

the wwe champion
05-21-2006, 07:01 AM
If Rey is "PROMOTED" to Monday Night Raw, it's virtually impossible for him to be a main eventer.
Till date, Rey has never "MAIN EVENTED" any pay per veiw.
Excluding last year's Survivor Series match and the Royal Rumble matches
(2003/2004/2005). Even his Royal Rumble victory this year was not the main event at the pay per veiw. Although,he won the rumble his triple threat title match at WrestleMania commenced 3rd last and not as the last "MAIN EVENT".

At this year's Judgement Day he is going to main event the pay per veiw just because he is the World Heavyweight Champ. Just like Benoit after he loses the title he will be demoted back to the US/TagTeam level.

Volare
05-21-2006, 07:22 AM
yeah, it's sad when your title win is before a playboy pillow fight

the wwe champion
05-21-2006, 12:01 PM

Agreed

Xero
05-21-2006, 12:02 PM
But that's what makes him NEW and INNOVATIVE!

Kane Knight
05-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Mysterio is shit these days. He hasn't amused me for years. But since he's still mad popular, I'd drop the IC/US title on him and be done with it. Mysterio is "too big" for the CW division, but he still shouldn't be near the ME scene.

the wwe champion
05-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Mysterio is shit these days. He hasn't amused me for years. But since he's still mad popular, I'd drop the IC/US title on him and be done with it. Mysterio is "too big" for the CW division, but he still shouldn't be near the ME scene.

:y: :y: :y:

shawn112233
05-21-2006, 05:33 PM
None of the above. He belongs in TNA tagging with Sonjay Dutt.

ddpBANG
05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Put him back in the Cruiserweight Tag Team Division.

Savio
05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Did rey make this poll?