PDA

View Full Version : Favorite live songs

Joeleosis
02-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Meaning, songs you've actually heard performed live and still can't get over how awesome they are.

I've seen Moonspell twice now, and in combination with their stage presence and the quality of their music, From Lowering Skies is ****ing amazing live.

I saw Opeth as well with Moonspell recently, and besides the fact that EVERYTHING they do is beyond awesome, The Moor (previously never played in the U.S. before) is just wicked, wicked cool.

Children of Bodom's Downfall is kickass as well, that moment'll stick in my mind forever. Anyway, songs that have created some great memories, having heard them live:

Primus - Eclectic Electric, Southbound Pacyderm, Tommy The Cat

Slayer - Raining Blood (better yet, the Reign In Blood album was played from start to finish, that was the man :drool:</>)

Static-X - Love Dump (hella mesmerizing :o)

Ministry - Stigmata... Al Jourgenson flipped out at the end of the song, saying "**** you, **** everyone, **** me, **** Saddam, **** Bush" etc.. aside from the fact that the song rules period, the impromptu flip-out ruled.

Then I'll have to say Manson performing the Eurythmic's Sweet Dreams, he pours a lot of emotion into the entire song, the guitar is haunting as hell, and then he like, shoved a microphone up the ass of one of the on-stage dancer's and sang into it... that was pretty nuts, not sure if it was real or not.

What about uuuuuuuuu

asphyXy
02-04-2004, 07:26 AM
<font color=969696>Children of Bodom - Everytime I Die [Heaviest song ever]
Children of Bodom - Downfall [:orgasm:]
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name [:orgasm:]
Slayer - Raining Blood [:mosh:]
Hypocrisy - Fractured Millenium [Best way ever to enter a stage]
Nevermore - Narcosynthesis
Darkest Hour - An Epitaph
In Flames - Episode 666 [The first time I saw them... before they turned soft]</font>

The Destroyer
02-04-2004, 09:43 AM
<font color=969696>
In Flames - Episode 666 [The first time I saw them... before they turned soft]</font>
They turned crap, not soft. :p

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Stone Coyotes--Plain American Girl...

Silent
02-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Hopesfall - Waitress

The Destroyer
02-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Hopesfall - Waitress
I missed them when they played over here. :(

My memory for gigs sucks, so my vote goes to...

Dillinger Escape Plan - When Good Dogs Do Bad Things

Strobe lighting + hyperactive guitarists + excellent song = :y:

Silent
02-04-2004, 10:18 AM
That must have been awesome to see that song live. :( I only saw them before the Irony Is A Dead Scene album was released, so they didn't play that song. :p

Try to catch Hopesfall if they play over there again. Excellent show.

deathtrap
02-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Poison The Well-Sliced Paper Wrists

Mikey
02-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Green Day-Basket Case

Marbear
02-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Deftones - Digital Bath

The Destroyer
02-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Deftones - Digital Bath
:cool:

asphyXy
02-04-2004, 03:24 PM
They turned crap, not soft. :p
<font color=969696>By soft, I mean the lack of headbanging and the inclusion of clean singing in Episode 666. Their new material <i>is</i> crap - everyone knows that.</font>

Innovator
02-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Watchtower by Dave. It's awesome to see live

that and long december

JJ Moore
02-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Iron Maiden - Journeyman
The Darkness - the whole gig
Metallica - N.E.M (leeds festival)
GnR - WTTJ