PDA

View Full Version : Rhino to return to ECW?

snakeboss
05-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Rhino recently was approached by the WWE, to be a part of the new ECW project on Sci-Fi Network. Rhino has said to be unhappy with his time in TNA, most notably his one week reign as NWA Champion back in 2005. Including his statement of feeling, "screwed," by TNA managemnet. He has publicly stated back in late April 2006, "if the money is right, I would gladly return to ECW again." With his recent PPV loss to Bobby Roode, and not even being in the top tier of challengers for the NWA Title, Rhino may have told TNA his decision to leave already. The return to the revived ECW must have been on his mind for awhile. With his contract with TNA expiring in July, and not having that much to keep him busy, storyline wise, Rhino may be bound for a return to the new ECW. Many in TNA see Rhino’s current feud with Team Canada, as Rhino’s way of doing the “job” before he leaves TNA.

NoDq.com

crash99
05-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I heard that before, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the new ECW. He was the last ever ECW champ, so you can start him off with a hot angle claiming he was never beaten for the belt and should still be the champ, or something to that effect.

He seemed to have faded into the background in TNA after his run on top, so the new ECW might be a welcome change for him.

loopydate
05-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I kinda wondered about that. It seemed like a remarkable coincidence that right after WWE announces the return of ECW, Rhino goes on a big losing streak. Sure, he was one of the people eligible for KotM, but he jobbed out to Abyss.

Rhino in ECW would be very cool. We could get a payoff for the RVD/Rhino segment at last year's ONS.

KingofOldSchool
05-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Rhino in ECW would be very cool. We could get a payoff for the RVD/Rhino segment at last year's ONS.

And the last year of ECW...where RVD was forced to vacate the TV Title, Rhino won it without beating RVD for it.

Rhino could say he was never beaten for the ECW Title, RVD comes out and counters by saying that Rhino never beat RVD for the TV Title.

JH
05-29-2006, 01:13 PM
only thing is Van Dam came back and did defeat Rhino

Xero
05-29-2006, 01:25 PM
If Rhino were to return, it would be the ONLY possible way for Cena to go over without the fans being 100% pissed.

RVD is about to win his match with Cena, when RVD hits a Five Star, rolls through it, standing up, and out of nowhere Rhino hits a GORE on him. Cena wins, then Rhino and RVD cut a promo and they have a match for the ECW championship.

Boondock Saint
05-29-2006, 01:36 PM
How longs he been with TNA now? About a year?

RP
05-29-2006, 01:43 PM
And the last year of ECW...where RVD was forced to vacate the TV Title, Rhino won it without beating RVD for it.

Rhino could say he was never beaten for the ECW Title, RVD comes out and counters by saying that Rhino never beat RVD for the TV Title.

And then if i was Rhino i'd be like " Yah but your TV title means dick compared to me ECW title ". Then i'd walk away and never speak of RvD again.

Dave Youell
05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
For those of you who are saying Rhino will be at ONS stand, please understand the following

July is AFTER June

Therefore he can't be at ONS unless the WWE or Rhino want a lawsuit

loopydate
05-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Of course. But just because he won't be at ONS doesn't mean he won't be part of ECW. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was thinking long-term, not June 11.

Dave Youell
05-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry Lopy I was referring to this:

If Rhino were to return, it would be the ONLY possible way for Cena to go over without the fans being 100% pissed.

RVD is about to win his match with Cena, when RVD hits a Five Star, rolls through it, standing up, and out of nowhere Rhino hits a GORE on him. Cena wins, then Rhino and RVD cut a promo and they have a match for the ECW championship.

loopydate
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Ah. No problem. Just wanted to clarify.

Although Xero's idea would be cool, if it was viable.

KingofOldSchool
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
And then if i was Rhino i'd be like " Yah but your TV title means dick compared to me ECW title ". Then i'd walk away and never speak of RvD again.

But it's not just about the titles.

If Rhino was bragging about not being defeated for the ECW Title, RVD comes out and says that in ordr to be champion, you need to beat the best. And he hasn't beaten the best because he hasn't beaten RVD.

6to1
05-29-2006, 04:52 PM
rember vinces plan to sign tna talent to long term contracts then bury them thats what will probly hapen to rhino.

Disturbed316
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I still don't know why Vince released Rhino in the first place.

James Steele
05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I think it had something to do with Moonshine and potted plants.

Xero
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM
For those of you who are saying Rhino will be at ONS stand, please understand the following

July is AFTER June

Therefore he can't be at ONS unless the WWE or Rhino want a lawsuit
I know, I caught that after I posted and didn't edit.

6to1
05-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I still don't know why Vince released Rhino in the first place.
well like tna he did not know what to do with him and he was paid alot of money so vince cut him and hired a bunch of divas.

Disturbed316
05-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I think it had something to do with Moonshine and potted plants.

Oh yeah he gored the plant in the hotel reception.

Corkscrewed
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Didn't he do an interview a while ago about loving TNA? Maybe that was before getting buried or something.

Rhino in ECW would be awesome, most definitely.

Xero
05-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Didn't he do an interview a while ago about loving TNA? Maybe that was before getting buried or something.

Rhino in ECW would be awesome, most definitely.
What, you think he's going to go and say, under contract, that TNA was the worst decision of his life?

The truth only comes out once they're unemployed.

Londoner
05-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Can't wait for Rhino to be in ECW. He's one of the guys I desperately want to see in it. Rhino V RVD/Rhino V Kurt Angle would be great feuds.

St. Jimmy
05-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Rhino and Angle would definatly be the goods.

NeanderCarl
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
WWE could probably buy Rhino out of his remaining TNA contract if they really really wanted to, and it wouldn't surprise me if Rhino were able to negotiate an early release either. Save the company some money wouldn't it?

I know the wrestling business can be very spiteful however, so TNA would likely put a no-compete clause in even if Rhino were to receive an early release. This would not prevent him from BEING at One Night Stand, but he would be unable to wrestle, and in all likelihood, be unable to do anything other than sit at ringside as a spectator. However, ECW could turn that into an angle. Rhino shows up to take his seat. Nothing wrong with that, contractually. RVD is distracted by him, rolled up by Cena, Cena retains. As soon as Rhino's TNA contract expires, RVD can pin the blame on Rhino's appearance for his loss and the two can, legally, start feuding.

All speculative I know, but it isn't entirely impossible.

Shadow
05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Here's two questions.

How does one sue oneself and how does one buy oneself?

NeanderCarl
05-31-2006, 01:28 AM
Here's two questions.

How does one sue oneself and how does one buy oneself?

:wtf:

Shadow
05-31-2006, 01:31 AM
Welcome to the Shadow Conspiracy my friend.

JJ Moore
05-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Maybe if he comes back he can actually kill sandmans wife this time.

JJ Moore
05-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh crap, 4000 posts

the wwe champion
06-01-2006, 02:18 AM

wow