PDA

View Full Version : The Miz New Host of Smackdown!

zdmay
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
I guess he is going to be like Riki Rachtman during the bad days of WCW Nitro. What next, are they going to add a DJ too?

--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/2384652/seacrest

Like Ryan Seacrest, only better
By Brett Hoffman
May 31, 2006

When fans tune into SmackDown this week, they will notice a big change. Starting this Friday, the show will have a new host. The man chosen for the job is not completely unfamiliar to WWE fans. He is The Miz. WWE.com caught up with the reality TV star to find out what we can expect from SmackDown while he’s the host.

A devoted wrestling fan from birth, The Miz has been waiting for this moment for his entire life. As he explained to WWE.com, he has never been ashamed to admit it. “Ever since I started appearing on TV, I told people I wanted to be in WWE. The whole time I was on reality shows, I really wished I was on SmackDown. After all those years, I’m finally here and I couldn’t be more excited. I can’t wait to get started.”

Seeing as how SmackDown has never had a host before, it’s only natural for the fans to be a little unsure as to what The Miz will actually do. The new host, however, is confident as to what his role will be. “My job is to keep the show moving nice and smooth. Think of it this way. The Miz is to SmackDown as Ryan Seacrest is to American Idol. Only, I am more talented, and slightly better looking.”

SmackDown’s newest Superstar claims to already have some big plans in mind for Friday nights. “If you ever watched me before, you know that I am not afraid to be a little controversial. I am not going to hesitate to stir the pot or create some drama. I come from reality TV, drama is my business.”

As part of his plan, The Miz sees the fans becoming even more involved in SmackDown. “One thing a host is supposed to do is get the fans to participate. Being a people person, that should be no problem for me. I will get the fans involved, and make them into WWE Superstars in their own right.”

To some fans, it’s no secret that The Miz has done his fair share of in-ring training. So, now that he will be involved with SmackDown on a weekly basis, is there any chance of The Miz becoming physically involved? “Absolutely. At some point the real Miz will emerge. Stay tuned because anything can happen when The Miz is involved. HOO-RAH!”

Xero
05-31-2006, 07:06 PM
"Like Ryan Seacrest, only better"

He's gay, eh?

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Only gayer.

mike627
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
the death of SD continues.... lol

Xero
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Next week, Vermaat becomes the new General Manager and booker of SmackDown! and books Rey Mysterio to win a 250 man gauntlet match.

crash99
05-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Obviously they feel the need to up the star power on Smackdown with the recent losses.

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Obviously they feel the need to up the star power on Smackdown with the recent losses.

Yeah, the solution? Draft Angle to ECW and replace him on the show with the dude who was feuding with Palmer Canon a month ago.

crash99
05-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah, the solution? Draft Angle to ECW and replace him on the show with the dude who was feuding with Palmer Canon a month ago.

So it makes sense to you too right?

Kane Knight
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes.

And that Scares me.

zdmay
05-31-2006, 11:25 PM

I was thinking that.

The One
05-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Can someone explain to me how The Miz is star power?

crash99
05-31-2006, 11:57 PM
I was being sarcastic.

The One
06-01-2006, 12:00 AM
DAMN! And here I was hoping someone was going to talk about how The Miz could bring in MTV fans and other nonsense like that.

The Naitch
06-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Smackdown's Savior is here

And I'm not talking about Paul Carrington

Corkscrewed
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
It would have been like 100x better if they'd made him an announcer instead. Third wheel. Unlike Coach, it'd actually be interesting with The Miz.

St. Jimmy
06-01-2006, 02:26 AM
this road leads to the finger poke of doom... and jeff jarrett as champion... OHNOES.

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 08:54 AM
DAMN! And here I was hoping someone was going to talk about how The Miz could bring in MTV fans and other nonsense like that.

Don't worry. As soon as the gimmick looks shitty enough, half of TPWW will be talking about it. :D