PDA

View Full Version : New SmackDown theme as bonus track...AND HERE IT IS!!

darkpower
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
So I bought Wreckless Intent from Wal-Mart the other day, and it had a bonus download of "Rise Up" from Drowning Pool, only it's the new version that they use now on SD (with Ryan Combs). At first I wanted to share it with you, but the WMA had that annoying DRM shit on it, but all I had to do was use Tunebite to make an MP3 of it without the licence (I know it works because I shared it with someone yesterday after I made the new file, and she told me she didn't like Combs' voice, meaning that she was able to hear it).

So here it is, the newest version of the SmackDown theme: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BNNAIN2 . Keep in mind that it took me about 3 hours after getting the WMA version to figure out how to get this so I can fuck over Microsoft's DRM shit. Oh, and it is nearly perfect, only a slight "blemish" near the beginning (Tunebite seemed to be stubborn about that), but it's CD Quality.

Have fun. :naughty:

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
There's a different vocalist on this version? I thought it was just different vocals. Isn't the new guy from DP the one who did both, and doesn't this theme post-date the death of the original?

darkpower
06-01-2006, 03:25 PM
There's a different vocalist on this version? I thought it was just different vocals. Isn't the new guy from DP the one who did both, and doesn't this theme post-date the death of the original?

According to someone on Wikipedia's discussion page for Wreckless Intent (when I asked if this track would be on the actual album), they said something about it being a version sung by their NEW singer (I'm guessing that they changed singers a few times since they first did the song, because it sounded like three different singers have done this now). Ryan Combs was the name that was given.

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Ah. Didn't know they had changed singers aside from the original guy dying and Rob Zombie being a temp for that shitty ass Daredevil song.

Is sounded like the same guy had done processed vocals before, but this time did them clean (relatively), with a much rougher singing style.