PDA

View Full Version : WWE Storyline plans

Skippord
06-01-2006, 05:21 PM
NoDQ.com > WWE > WWE Stoyline Plans, Possible Feuds, DX, ECW
Posted by Andy Steven on 06/01/2006 at 04:57 PM

(Credit: Gerweck.net)

At the moment, current booking plan is for Aaron "The Idol" Stevens and KC James to debut on SmackDown as a tag team. Roadkill is now likely to end up on the ECW roster.

Mike Johnson reports that Kevin Fertig (aka Mordecai) is expected to be brought into ECW as a leader of a heel group.

Johnson also reports that possible feuds being discussed include Edge vs. Carlito and Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera on RAW and Mr. Kennedy vs. Booker T and Lashley vs. Randy Orton on SmackDown.

Former WWE superstar Juvetund Guerrera is seeking to bring in Joe Lider and Extreme Tiger to his Mexican Power (Mexicools like group), reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The Observer is also reporting that former DX member Sean Waltman was scheduled to meet with AAA promoter Antonio Pena to discuss a full-time contract, but Pena didn't show.

Skippord
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Also some horrifying news: Dave Meltzer reports that Rey Mysterio is expected to hold on to the World title until the 7/23 Great American Bash PPV. Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting that Mark Henry is likely to be the next Smackdown champion, setting up a Henry-Batista program.

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Also some horrifying news: Dave Meltzer reports that Rey Mysterio is expected to hold on to the World title until the 7/23 Great American Bash PPV. Pro Wrestling Insider is reporting that Mark Henry is likely to be the next Smackdown champion, setting up a Henry-Batista program.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/Vader.

Skippord
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I hope Fertig comes back as Mordecai

Kane Knight
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope he leads a D&D stable.

Shadow
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
The Observer is also reporting that former DX member Sean Waltman was scheduled to meet with AAA promoter Antonio Pena to discuss a full-time contract, but Pena didn't show.

Now that's ironic.

St. Jimmy
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Johnson also reports that possible feuds being discussed include Edge vs. Carlito and Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera on RAW and Mr. Kennedy vs. Booker T and Lashley vs. Randy Orton on SmackDown.

what the hell, why?

LMAO. Henry's master plan worked. GENIUS.

Kane Knight
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
And then he's gonna injure Batista again, so he can STAY champion.

Splaya
06-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I hope it's one of those one month title reigns.

Henry as champ = ratings slipping so low SD is cancelled

Corkscrewed
06-02-2006, 03:27 PM
oh geez, Henry is DEFINITELY one of those peopel I never thought would be champ. Like, way below Bradshaw.

this forum will crash the day Mark becomes champ.

Kane Knight
06-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I thought he was entratining back in the day.

Of course, that was before he was projected for a title shot.

KingofOldSchool
06-02-2006, 04:50 PM

The first WWE PPV in Indy in 10 years and they decide to give Henry the title at that PPV. :'(

Thanks for making me not want to go now. :wavesad:

Schoenauer
06-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Somewhere in heaven, Eddie Guerrero is saying "Why Rey? Why did you exploit?"

Volare
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Somewhere in heaven, God is saying "Why Me? Why did I make Mark Henry?"

Arnold HamNegger
06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Johnson also reports that possible feuds being discussed include Edge vs. Carlito and Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera on RAW

what the hell, why?

**shudder**

I just had a horrible thought. The only explanation I could come up with for this is the return of Shelton's Momma...and eventual...**gulp/choke**

...fuck it, I can't even say it. You get the picture. :nono:

mrslackalack
06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I think a Carlito/Umaga feud would be cool.

Skippord
06-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Hmm and I thought it could not be worse than JBL at least he is somewhat entertaining to some people

Mr. Nerfect
06-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Booker T vs. Ken Kennedy
I guess they are planning to bring Ken Kennedy back as a face. I sort of pictured this happening. Booker T tells everyone to bow to him, Kennedy says he doesn't bow for anyone, feud erupts. I just hope that they don't have Kennedy talk about how he should have been in the King of the Ring so he could be "King Ken Kennedy".

Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera
I kind of like Viscera, but we don't need to see this. We've seen it twice before, they've gone as far as they can with it. Shelton needs to feud with Charlie Haas, now.

Aaron Stevens & Kasey James
They could work really well together. RAW needs some tag teams. I'm not too familiar with Kasey James, but I know Aaron Stevens has potential. Hopefully they let him hook-up with some of the Divas. For some reasons I can see an Aaron Stevens & Kasey James vs. Val Venis & Viscera feud.

Kevin Fertig
I want to see him come to RAW as "Seven" and reveal he is behind all this crazy Kane stuff. Make him up to be a man who has obsessed himself with Kane's life and career. Fertig plays these characters well, he is just put in the wrong situations. Brawling with Hardcore Holly? All of Mordecai's credibility went out the window after that. I suppose Paul Heyman could use Fertig better than the WWE. I think Heyman could use anyone better than the WWE, though. :-\

Edge vs. Carlito
This would be sweet. I really think they need to have Lita and Edge break-up. Carlito constantly taking shots at Edge about losing Lita would be priceless. The matches here would be great, as well.

Bobby Lashley vs. Randy Orton
This one makes a lot of sense. Both are the future of the company, both would benefit from some mid-card work. Bobby Lashley retaining the US Title against Orton would be huge.

Mark Henry vs. Batista
This feud should definately happen. It should not be for a World Title, though. Batista defeats Mark Henry, then moves up to challenge King Booker, who has defeated Rey Mysterio, for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Dorkchop
06-03-2006, 03:59 AM
So Mark Henry legitimately injures people often and gets a world title out of it? That's messed up.

I wouldn't mind Lashley vs Orton. I think they could put on some good matches.

I like Viscera, but the WWE has done a great job at burrying him and making him into nothing but a 6'6" 400+lbs jobber. Shelton will be better off feuding with guys like Charlie Haas. Plus no one cares about Viscera. No one ever did.

Edge vs Carlito has potential. Maybe Carlito can bring out something different in Edge. Lately he's been all "GRRRR I want everything. The WWE is working their butts off to make me a super heel, but the audience isn't feeling it." Maybe this feud could possibly bring out a little of the Edge we all used to love.

Afterlife
06-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Actually, when the Big Vis/Lillian thing was first going on, it was getting too popular too fast, and Vince feared it could make a big star of the big man too quickly for his liking. That's why they put the brakes on it -- to force Vis back.

And as for Henry, yeah, injuring ppl is the worst way to "earn" your title spot, but hey, logically, "The World's Strongest Man" would eventually win a title match, and besides, when you've eliminated the opposition...what other choice does management have but to work with what's left?

crash99
06-03-2006, 12:07 PM
I like the idea of a Carlito/Edge feud. Carlito's one of my favorites, and I've really been enjoying Edge for most of 2006.

loopydate
06-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Mike Johnson reports that Kevin Fertig (aka Mordecai) is expected to be brought into ECW as a leader of a heel group.

That explains why they just signed the Beasts of Burden. They'll fit in well with Fertig and ECW.

Arnold HamNegger
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
You know, for as much as I bitch about story lines and stuff when they suck, I have to take my hat off to the WWE writers for Smackdown at the moment. Finlay & his rabid Leprechaun are quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in wrestling. Whoever came up with that idea deserves a gold star. :rofl:

WWE writer: "Ok Finlay, we have an idea. We're gonna give you a rabid midget that you'll turn loose on your opponent after every match."

Finlay: "Does he love to fight?"

WWE writer: "Oh yeah, he loves to fight. He won't come to the ring with you, but he'll be hidden under the ring."

Finlay: "I love to fight."

WWE writer: "One last thing. You have to abuse the hell out of him too. I mean, really give him a good kicking back under the ring when you're done with him."

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Somewhere in heaven, God is saying "Why Me? Why did I make Mark Henry?"

"Dear Lord,

I lied, I cheated, I stole. I admit that. But what have I done that my fans be punished so?"

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 04:28 PM
So Mark Henry legitimately injures people often and gets a world title out of it? That's messed up.

Not only that, but they made an onscreen angle out of it. He's been hyped on the program by Cole (And maybe Tazz) as HellBent to legitimately injure people. Everyone he faces. That, to me, is even worse. They're rewarding him for being sloppy and dangerous, and THEN they're hyping it.

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 04:46 PM
You know, for as much as I bitch about story lines and stuff when they suck, I have to take my hat off to the WWE writers for Smackdown at the moment. Finlay & his rabid Leprechaun are quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen in wrestling. Whoever came up with that idea deserves a gold star. :rofl:

WWE writer: "Ok Finlay, we have an idea. We're gonna give you a rabid midget that you'll turn loose on your opponent after every match."

Finlay: "Does he love to fight?"

WWE writer: "Oh yeah, he loves to fight. He won't come to the ring with you, but he'll be hidden under the ring."

Finlay: "I love to fight."

WWE writer: "One last thing. You have to abuse the hell out of him too. I mean, really give him a good kicking back under the ring when you're done with him."

The problem is, it's a short-term "good idea." It's a novelty gimmick. I admit I have loved it the last couple of weeks of it, because it's so bizarre, but in 2 months, only Loopy and the usual six other fuckwits will be enjoying it.

.44 Magdalene
06-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Mordecai + D&D stable = SciFi geeks quit bitching.

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Mordecai + D&D stable = SciFi geeks quit bitching.

Whatchoo gonna do, when my THAC0 is lower than you!

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 06:08 PM
The Mood is about to Change. Who can stop my L5 Ranger!

crash99
06-03-2006, 06:30 PM
The problem is, it's a short-term "good idea." It's a novelty gimmick. I admit I have loved it the last couple of weeks of it, because it's so bizarre, but in 2 months, only Loopy and the usual six other fuckwits will be enjoying it.

:y: I agree as I have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would have, but it's like all the other gimmicks that are outlandish that they have done. People love it to begin with, and then get tired of it, and it becomes boring, like Eugene, Boogyman, and others.

Arnold HamNegger
06-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Didn't Booker T used to have his own midget? I think I remember him doing the Spin-o-rooni. :rofl: I'm looking online for a picture but I can't find anything.

Speaking of outlandish and people getting tired of it shortly...I loved King Booker's long drawn out intro. Regal is great in that role. I got up to take a long piss, came back expecting the match to have started...but Booker was still sitting on the throne with Regal continuing to spout off. It only adds to the crowd wanting to see him get his ass kicked. Lashley got a louder pop than usual (I believe) when his intro music finally played. I'm sure WWE will run it into the ground shortly though.

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
:y: I agree as I have enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would have, but it's like all the other gimmicks that are outlandish that they have done. People love it to begin with, and then get tired of it, and it becomes boring, like Eugene, Boogyman, and others.

Yeah. I admitted I was wrong with Eugene and Boogeyman, but they quickly became novelties that wore off. Shit I don't want to see anymore. There's nowhere to take these gimmicks, and it's almost certain this is the same.

Kane Knight
06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Didn't Booker T used to have his own midget? I think I remember him doing the Spin-o-rooni. :rofl: I'm looking online for a picture but I can't find anything.

There was a mini-Booker, but I don't think he was a companion of Booker T's so much as an imitation.

Mister Sinister
06-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Rock was the one who bought him out during the Invasion

Aussie Skier
06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
I thought he was entratining back in the day.

Of course, that was before he was projected for a title shot.

agree...when playing the sexual chocolate/wanting to be with chyna character, it was hilarious.

But not as world champ...WTF!!!

domononizuka
06-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Fertig has already said they're going with the Seven gimmick when he gets called up.Which is basicaly the Biker Taker gimmick on a different guy.Sucks that Idol has to team with a no talent fool like James though.

crash99
06-05-2006, 12:36 AM
They are really building Mark Henry as a monster with him hurting many of the Smackdown stars. It's not a bad way to build someone up, but it sucks because it is Mark Henry, and they always seem to do the right things with the wrong guys. Henry as champion is a huge mistake. Let Mysterio keep it, and feud with Booker T. The matches will be much better, and the feud a hell of a lot more entertaining.

Mr. Nerfect
06-05-2006, 02:17 AM
It seems to me like they are trying to quickly establish a new wave of main event stars. Finlay & William Regal, probably since they are two of the most reliable veterans in the lockerroom, seem to be playing an upper mid-card heel role as "The Knights of T". Can't fault the WWE for that, hopefully it leads to some sweet matches between London, Kendrick and the Knights. Bobby Lashley was made to seem like a big star on SmackDown!, and like it or not, Mark Henry is building steam.

I have a feeling the WWE Championship will become interpromotional after ECW One Night Stand. RVD wins the belt, throws it down, Sabu has already won the World Heavyweight Championship, John Cena comes out announced as WWE Champion on RAW like nothing ever happened. RVD is officially recognised, though, so Cena is a three-time Champ (I think multiple-time Champions are lacking in the WWE). The Great American Bash looks like this:

-John Cena vs. King Booker for the WWE Championship
-Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. William Regal & Finlay
-Mark Henry vs. Batista
-Rey Mysterio vs. Ken Kennedy
-Bobby Lashley vs. Randy Orton for the WWE United States Championship
-The Great Khali vs. The Undertaker in one of those Concrete Crypt Matches
-Cruiserweight Clusterfuck for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Putting the World Title on Mark Henry is not a smart move.