PDA

View Full Version : ECW second night and probabily for awhile stand

El Fangel
06-06-2006, 09:24 AM
ecw, why the hell of all people is Vince bringing it back didn't he try killing it in the first place, and why is paul e working with a man who he used to completely despise.

Xero
06-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I have no idea, but it has NOTHING to do with money.

Hired Hitman
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
It's either work with Vince or go on the dole ;)

CSL
06-06-2006, 10:05 AM
ecw, why the hell of all people is Vince bringing it back didn't he try killing it in the first place

<font color=white>No.</font>

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2006, 10:31 AM
It's not like Vince offered help in ECW's dying days.

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
It's not like Vince offered help in ECW's dying days.

Or helped cross promote.

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
(Not during their dying days, but somewhat more in their prime)

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Combo: 2 Hits!

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
F i n i s h H i m !

El Fangel
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
ROFLMAO ok that was really funny.

it just seems to me that out of all the promotions I have watched come and go, it seemed that ecw wouldn't ever join forces and become associated with the wwe, I really could not picture back then paul heyman working for vince.
or any of its wrestlers for that matter, but i guess time changes everything and if working with vince will keep you in a job, well i guess, that is what i would do also, i wouldn't be proud to join forces with a rival but i would still have a job.

and also it seems to be every promotion that has opposed the wwf and now wwe, has ended up going under, and have its people working for vince, working in the indys or stop wrestling, I mean for example wcw, ecw, and sadly im guessing in the not too distint future TNA

Corndad
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
You know your a NOB when your name is in all CAPS.

El Fangel
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
A n00b to these forums I may be but I hardly believe it because of my name, I believe Its called lack of posts.

but I am no NOB!!!!!!

:P

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
A n00b to these forums I may be but I hardly believe it because of my name, I believe Its called lack of posts.

but I am no NOB!!!!!!

:P

Counter Attack!

The One
06-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Vince McMahon always enjoyed ECW, one of the reasons being he is took ideas from them. However if you didn't know before now TNA ROCKS, it's never too late to learn, Vince McMahon actually had Paul Heyman on the pay roll because ECW was losing so many stars to WWF that Vince felt the need to repay him in some small way. Vince also allowed ECW people WWF air time to get over before their big first PPV. And Paul Heyman never hated Vince McMahon, at least not to the level he hated Eric Bischoff and WCW. ECW was created more out of hatred for WCW then it was WWE.

El Fangel
06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
really, seriously I didn't know this, thanks for the helpful insight, it is much appreciated, its that from the little bit I watched of ecw, it seemed that paul heyman made himself seem that he would never sell out by joining his rivals.

and im serious thanks

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 03:08 PM
ROFLMAO ok that was really funny.

it just seems to me that out of all the promotions I have watched come and go, it seemed that ecw wouldn't ever join forces and become associated with the wwe, I really could not picture back then paul heyman working for vince.
or any of its wrestlers for that matter, but i guess time changes everything and if working with vince will keep you in a job, well i guess, that is what i would do also, i wouldn't be proud to join forces with a rival but i would still have a job.

and also it seems to be every promotion that has opposed the wwf and now wwe, has ended up going under, and have its people working for vince, working in the indys or stop wrestling, I mean for example wcw, ecw, and sadly im guessing in the not too distint future TNA

You mean ignoring the fact that WWF and ECW were alligned and had one of the better working relationships even during ECW's peak? The fact that wrestlers often came and went from one to the other? This wasn't even after they had gone bankrupted, when they had no choice but to take the bitter pill. Your argument is full of shit, as are you.

Meanwhile, Vince didn't take out ECW. ECW took out ECW. Paul Heyman broke his own creation...Literally, they were too broke to continue, and Paul bankrupted them.

WCW? Try again, skippy. What killed WCW was AOL Time Warner or whatever that big corporation was called at the time. Vince may take credit, but that's only because the TV show angle showed it.

Please, folks, don't post about this shit unless you know what you're talking about.

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 03:15 PM
really, seriously I didn't know this, thanks for the helpful insight, it is much appreciated, its that from the little bit I watched of ecw, it seemed that paul heyman made himself seem that he would never sell out by joining his rivals.

and im serious thanks

I don't recall anything in ECW that would make you think that.

Corkscrewed
06-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Remember when King feuded with ECW in ECW?

Yeah, that's cross promotion there.

Kane Knight
06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Remember when King feuded with ECW in ECW?

Yeah, that's real "anti-WWF" loyalties there.

St. Jimmy
06-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I love the idea of a fued between the brands. Sure. Great idea. Worked well in the 90's to boost ECW. Using Lawler then was a pretty good idea, since none of the WWF's talent had to JOB to an ECW wrestler. Just some announcer from Memphis. Even doing it with other WWE wrestlers now to promote the brand is great.

However, taking a PPV that was made of the ECW brand and basically making it an entire WWE PPV (all matches so far except Rey v.s. Sabu have non ECW Alumni in them) is a really crappy idea. Now it can be argued that since as we know now, ECW has a really small roster (since most of the other Alumni are jobbing over in TNA and don't mind it for some reason, or personally dislike Vince/theE) that you need other talent in the matches.

So... if that's the case... why did you push the PPV so soon. Why didn't they push it back until like... September... which is pretty much a dead month anyhow. Hell, they could have called it September To Remember instead of ONS and it would have been fine.

It's a crappy situation. It's going to end with two of the most over ECW wrestlers jobbing to WWE stars, making the brand look pretty damn weak.

Thriller
06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Correct me if im wrong but didnt Vince and Paul have a behind the scenes deal

Kane Knight
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I love the idea of a fued between the brands. Sure. Great idea. Worked well in the 90's to boost ECW. Using Lawler then was a pretty good idea, since none of the WWF's talent had to JOB to an ECW wrestler. Just some announcer from Memphis. Even doing it with other WWE wrestlers now to promote the brand is great.

However, taking a PPV that was made of the ECW brand and basically making it an entire WWE PPV (all matches so far except Rey v.s. Sabu have non ECW Alumni in them) is a really crappy idea. Now it can be argued that since as we know now, ECW has a really small roster (since most of the other Alumni are jobbing over in TNA and don't mind it for some reason, or personally dislike Vince/theE) that you need other talent in the matches.

So... if that's the case... why did you push the PPV so soon. Why didn't they push it back until like... September... which is pretty much a dead month anyhow. Hell, they could have called it September To Remember instead of ONS and it would have been fine.

It's a crappy situation. It's going to end with two of the most over ECW wrestlers jobbing to WWE stars, making the brand look pretty damn weak.

Didn't Trips do the job to Taz in a champ vs champ match? So I don't think Lawler prevented them from jobbing out anyone on WWF's roster...

thecc
06-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Didn't Trips do the job to Taz in a champ vs champ match? So I don't think Lawler prevented them from jobbing out anyone on WWF's roster...It was the other way around actually.

Skippord
06-08-2006, 12:52 AM
I read on NODQ they signed two new matches

Masato Tanaka Vs Balls Mahoney

The FBI Vs Tajiri and Mikey Whipreck

Volare
06-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Whipreck....Fuckin Right Doggy