PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here backyard wrestle?

Homeless Joe
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
i jus wanted to know because i do and i wanted to find out about any others who do.

Kane Knight
02-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Prepare to get flamed to fu</>ck. :wave:

Disturbed316
02-04-2004, 05:30 PM
:nono:

Its just plain stupid

Ricky
02-04-2004, 05:31 PM
yep infact 2day i got my m8 to throw me off the roof of my house and i landed on my feet and then went back up there and powerbombed him off lol!!!!!!!!

HeartBreakMan2k
02-04-2004, 05:32 PM
"Backyard Wrestling is for Wankers"

Tornado
02-04-2004, 05:36 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Beat me to it...:mad: </font>

Ian
02-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Seriously, now this is for your own good, go to a proper school and learn to do it correctly. It is so much safer, you stand less chance of injuring yourself and others. Also you won't look like a twat doing it.

weather vane
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
<font color=white>I used to basement wrestle ... not anymore though. The last match I had was for the BWF (Ballpark Wrestling Federation) and I havn't wrestled since. That was in the summer.

http://hbwf.cjb.net</font>

Boondock Saint
02-04-2004, 05:39 PM
No. I am not dumb.

Fryza
02-04-2004, 05:53 PM
If you're wrestling outdoors, in a properly constructed ring, with good training and not just having huge, moronic spot fest, kudos.

The random, huge, sopt fest BYW, though, is a bit dangerous for my blood, aye.

Razor Rybek
02-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah I backyard wrestle!!! I also like to Jam Sharp objects into my eyes, I love setting myself on Fire, but my fave has got to be Sticking my hand in a food blender!!!! :nono: :nono:

**Humor**

Watson
02-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Well I backyard wrestle but it's not what you might expect. Most backyard feds are a bunch of teenagers imitating what they see on TV but our fed's not like that. The reason we wrestle in a backyard fed is because there are no decent indy feds around here. I personally ,along with others, was trained in 1998/99 by a friend of mine and other workers from the fed he was in (UWA). But just as I was about to debut, the man that ran UWA shut it down because of building problems and there really are no other options as far as independent feds go. The guy who trained me (Thad) was the World Champion of that organization when it shut down. But last year, Thad and I started a backyard fed just so we would be doing something wrestling related. The other guys on the roster are atleast 18 and have had some training. Some more than others though. Thad, myself, and another friend of ours are the Presidents and we're not centered around sick bumps. Our main focus is excellent storylines and good WRESTLING matches. Not stupid shit like jumping off of roofs and such. We are currently in the process of saving up for a ring and as soon as we get one we're gonna take our fed (RPW) into the indies. So say what you want about backyard wrestling but if there's any backyard fed out there that is run in a professional manner it's us. We're doing what we love and no one has been injured since we started. We just don't have a ring. But a ring doesn't make you a wrestler, talent does. So hate if you will, but as long as we're doing what we love then that's all that matters.

Ian
02-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Can you actually wrestle or is the powerbomb your most technical move.

Watson
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Uh yeah I can actually wrestle.

Ian
02-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Then your plan sounds good to me.

Watson
02-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Groovy.

Ian
02-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Just don't do stupid things. Cos If you **** yourself up for life you will regret it.

Mike the Metal Ed
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
YEH IT ROX!111111! CHEK DIS COOL MOOV I DID LAST WEECK

Boondock Saint
02-04-2004, 06:39 PM
:lol: at flaming spikes. hahahaha

Ian
02-04-2004, 06:40 PM
lol

Watson
02-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Just don't do stupid things. Cos If you **** yourself up for life you will regret it.

Not a problem here, man. Although one of our guys likes to play with a ladder too much, but even though he's had full training as I have, I still bitch at him over it.

Loose Cannon
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
LMAO at the flaming spikes and gas. It's like Mortal Combat.

Kenny
02-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I heard some pretty wicked stories about people getting hurt backyard wrestling. I'm developing a new thing that should be big in the future. "Front Yard Wrestling"

Corkscrewed
02-05-2004, 12:03 AM
I think I saw that on Max X...

Rock Bottom
02-05-2004, 03:33 AM
the backyard doodle :lol: :rofl: :D :eek: :D :) :p

Mikey
02-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Dont backyard wrestle

Homeless Joe
02-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Can you actually wrestle or is the powerbomb your most technical move.

If your thinking of just plain hardcore then thats not me. (btw im talking about UK backyard wrestling) I have had quite alot of traing from such feds as FWA and jake the snake roberts skool. Us at NMW wrestle in a ring and are very good to say the least. We mainly work on technical wrestling and not all of the stupid roof bumps and extremerally high risk things.

Anyway i was just wondering.

If anyone wants any of our media (i doubt they will) hook me up on

tommytucker9000@hotmail.com

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Ummmm...Generally, if you're trained, wredtling in a small, legit promotion, you're NOT a backyard wrestler.

Homeless Joe
02-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Ummmm...Generally, if you're trained, wredtling in a small, legit promotion, you're NOT a backyard wrestler.

NMW is a backyard fed is isnt a school or anything :|

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-05-2004, 11:31 AM

I know, do it in your front yard. Much more publicity there

Homeless Joe
02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
LMAO

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
NMW is a backyard fed is isnt a school or anything :|

So what, you learned by watching it on TV?

KayfabeMan
02-05-2004, 11:40 AM
I know, do it in your front yard. Much more publicity there

**** the front yard too. Just take one or two of your friends,go into
a local grocer,and beat the shit out of each other while destroying a
vast amount of merchandise. THAT will get a shit load of publicity....

It worked for Steve Austin and Booker T :shifty:

Remember,if there is one thing that professional wrestling has taught
everyone,it's that: NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, WHO YOU DO IT TO,
WHERE YOU DO IT, OR HOW MUCH YOU DESTROY - THERE ARE NOT
ANY LEGAL CONSEQUENCES :y:

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 11:41 AM
**** the front yard too. Just take one or two of your friends,go into
a local grocer,and beat the shit out of each other while destroying a
vast amount of merchandise. THAT will get a shit load of publicity....

It worked for Steve Austin and Booker T :shifty:

Remember,if there is one thing that professional wrestling has taught
everyone,it's that: NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, WHO YOU DO IT TO,
WHERE YOU DO IT, OR HOW MUCH YOU DESTROY - THERE ARE NOT
ANY LEGAL CONSEQUENCES :y:

LOL Wrestle in Wal-Mart. They don't stop you from beating your kids, why would they stop you from powerbombing someone through the gun case?

John la Rock
02-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I hope someone kills themselves trying to attemp a Swanton or something off of a roof. Just to prove a point that Back yard wrestling is for fools

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 11:44 AM
I hope someone kills themselves trying to attemp a Swanton or something off of a roof. Just to prove a point that Back yard wrestling is for fools

The problem is, the backlash from these retards crippling themselves always hits the fans of pro wrestling.

M-A-G
02-05-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't backyard 'wrestle'....:roll:

I backyard 'sports entertain'....there's a difference

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-05-2004, 11:51 AM

lol

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 11:54 AM

I LOVE you.

Speaking of which, I used to backyard wrestle...

In training for the High School wrestling team, I would wrestle in my back yard. It worked great until I got DQed for doing a Van Terminator from the rafters...

M-A-G
02-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I LOVE you.

Speaking of which, I used to backyard wrestle...

In training for the High School wrestling team, I would wrestle in my back yard. It worked great until I got DQed for doing a Van Terminator from the rafters...

Silly...everyone knows you're supposed to bump the ref first before Van Terminating anyone in high school wrestling. :p

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Silly...everyone knows you're supposed to bump the ref first before Van Terminating anyone in high school wrestling. :p

I was young. I lacked experience. :nono:

M-A-G
02-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I was young. I lacked experience. :nono:
We were all there at one point or another...I myself quickly learned that it is in fact NOT OK to KO my sparring partner with a sledgehammer.

Fryza
02-05-2004, 12:25 PM
We were all there at one point or another...I myself quickly learned that it is in fact NOT OK to KO my sparring partner with a sledgehammer.

Take it you didn't come from the Triple H Academy of Future Fodder then...

Homeless Joe
02-05-2004, 12:59 PM
So what, you learned by watching it on TV?

as i said i had some pro training elsewhere

Loose Cannon
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM

HAHA LMAO. Did you then give your friend the pedigree and then wait like 45 seconds until you actually pinned him?

Homeless Joe
02-05-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL

Spoon Bender
02-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I always won my amature matches by forfit, I'd spend so long cutting a promo at the start of the tourny that all the other teams got bored and went home. True story. :shifty:

Tony D
02-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Back Yard Wrestlers = Lack of Intelligence

I mean, come on, when I was twelve my friends and I wrestled each other, we even made up belts, but nobody ever got hurt seriously, because we were all intelligent people and understood that powerbombs, piledrivers, and etc. were dangerous. I just don't understand why anybody would want to stupid shit like some of these so called "wrestlers" do. I think it has something to do with listening to the ICP. I could be wrong though.

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 03:31 PM
as i said i had some pro training elsewhere

And that was the point you missed the first time through.

Kane Knight
02-05-2004, 03:35 PM

Yeah, some lessons you learn the hard way.

Like the time I pulled a gym sock outta my outfit and jammed it down my opponent's throat...

I guess they retired that move when Foley was retired... :(

lariat
02-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Mainstream 'backyard wrestling' is the biggest pile of crap ever.

FlashyT01
02-05-2004, 04:52 PM
I used to when I was 16, but then I grew outta of it.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Mainstream 'backyard wrestling' is the biggest pile of crap ever.

All backyard wrestling is a huge pile of crap. "Mainstream" or not.

Longshot
02-05-2004, 07:10 PM
<font color=white>http://hbwf.cjb.net</font>

I took a look at your website and since I live in Toronto, I know why you cant do "backyard wrestling" in the backyard...too cold...at least right now.

But the basement looks even more silly and childish than backyard wrestling. You all look like a buch of teenagers just trying to copy moves you see on TV.

I'm guessing there isn't a lot of bloodshed in your matches cause you parents would get mad. :rofl:

If you want to get into the wrestling biz, go to wrestling school.

BTW if that dude KARNAGE on http://hbwf.cjb.net drops by here, hit the gym dude. 5'7, 122lbs...god REY MYSTERIO outweighs you by more than 50 pounds. :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

M-A-G
02-05-2004, 09:46 PM
HAHA LMAO. Did you then give your friend the pedigree and then wait like 45 seconds until you actually pinned him?

Pfft, no, that's too easy. I pinned him with a headlock takeover.