PDA

View Full Version : An impossible scenario, but.... (ECW)

Xero
06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Let's say that ECW starts out strong. It gets a 2.0 for it's first week, and by the end of the Sci-Fi run, it's averaging about a 3.5. NBC Universal decides to put it on a weekday at 9PM on USA. It continues to rise until it's beating (the highest hour of) RAW every week.

Now the question is, would Vince start to "sabotage" ECW so it starts to drop, putting the stars on RAW/SmackDown!, writing shit angles, etc, or would he allow it to flourish?

We all know it would never get that far, what with the WWE writing team writing the shows and it not being one of Vince's love children, but let's just pretend for this thread.

Innovator
06-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Vince wouldn't want to sabotage it, Steph and her band of merry writers would. Either that or the writers step up their game, but I see them trying to take it down.

If new talent gets over really well, they'll be on RAW pretty quickly

Kane Knight
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
For the third time, yes.

Corkscrewed
06-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Vince... maybe or probably. Johnny Ace? Definitely.

Pepsi Man
06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I coulda sworn it was NOT the WWE writers that were going to write for the ECW brand. (at least initially)

The One
06-11-2006, 12:24 AM
No see Pepsi Man you just don't understand coding...Tommy Dreamer when you use your WWE Writers Decoder Ring actually become Stephanie McMahon and Paul Heyman, literally translated says, Magic 8 Ball.

Xero
06-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Actually the WWE writing team HAS taken over. They scripted the VS show and they're doing ONS, because it's becoming a brand. Heyman still has input, but Vince has put the writers in there to "help" him, I suppose.

Pepsi Man
06-11-2006, 01:46 AM
No see Pepsi Man you just don't understand coding...Tommy Dreamer when you use your WWE Writers Decoder Ring actually become Stephanie McMahon and Paul Heyman, literally translated says, Magic 8 Ball.
Damn.

Londoner
06-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Interesting point you make there xero and it's one i've been wondering about, but then I came to the conclusion that if Vince wants to make a profit from it, then he would know what the right thing is to do. However, considering how he is treating Smackdown which is his own show, I'm not very confident about things but I'm not going to go 'NO CHANCE IN HELL will he allow it!' like some people do.

Ben Rodrigues
06-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Actually the WWE writing team HAS taken over. They scripted the VS show and they're doing ONS, because it's becoming a brand. Heyman still has input, but Vince has put the writers in there to "help" him, I suppose.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That sucks serious ass. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!