PDA

View Full Version : GAB Main Event (?) *SPOILERS* (ONS Spoilers?)

Xero
06-11-2006, 10:23 AM
According to a promotional video on WWE's website, the main event for next month's Great American Bash PPV will be Batista vs. Mark Henry, playing off the fact that Henry "injured" Batista in storyline last January.

Video: http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/promos/ppv_promos/2006/2769540/gab06rd1_?show=wwe
Source: http://www.pwinsider.com/elite/ViewArticle.asp?id=18490&p=1

The interesting thing here is that, assuming Batista/Henry is the main event, which I would assume it would be (:roll: ), obviously Batista isn't the champion and neither is Henry. So I see this as being one of three things:

1. Rey's losing the world title to Sabu tonight and SmackDown! will have no world title.
2. They're now burying Rey Benoit_TitleRun_Style.
3. Mark Henry will be the World Champion by July. :|

Either way, it'll be interesting how they play this out. You know, besides the fact that Mark Henry is a major part of it.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Whatever gets the title off of Mysterio works for me. And I am 100% serious when I say that I want Mark Henry to get it at the moment.

I can honestly say that Rey's reign is (as you touched on) the most pathetic title reign I've ever seen. At least with Henry, it would be believable, even if he IS a wrecking machine.

CharismaInjection
06-11-2006, 10:38 AM
It never said it was the main event.

They usually only have promos for the Main Event and another high profiled match. It could be the other high profiled match.

Kane Knight
06-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Whatever gets the title off of Mysterio works for me. And I am 100% serious when I say that I want Mark Henry to get it at the moment.

I can honestly say that Rey's reign is (as you touched on) the most pathetic title reign I've ever seen. At least with Henry, it would be believable, even if he IS a wrecking machine.

Imagine if Rey got injured by Henry in the process? Fucking serve him right.

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 01:54 PM
They seem to do multiple main events for their July PPV's, so I can easily see GAB being booked as a double main event show. Batista vs Henry (maybe for #1 contender even?) and Rey vs... um... The Great Khali. :lol:

KingofOldSchool
06-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Rey vs... um... The Great Khali. :lol:

Rey Mysterio vs. Simon Dean

Can Mysterio over come the Simonizer?

Mister Sinister
06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
This Sunday at the Great American Bash....Rey Mysterio has his toughest challenge to date, as he will put the title on the line against...

The Man, The Myth, The Tower Of Power, The man of the hour, too sweet to be sour....

Gillberg!

Vermaat
06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Mark Henry will not EVER become WWE champion.

I like Henry, but lets get some REASON.

There is no way Mark Henry is getting the title. Smackdown has many more wrestlers that will get the gold before him. Sabu will get it before him.

The most likely explanation is that Mark Henry/Batista will main event when Rey defends the title against someone else. Or Batista will win the title.

SammyG
06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Rey's Title Reign is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT for the world of wrestling!

Kane Knight
06-11-2006, 05:48 PM
This Sunday at the Great American Bash....Rey Mysterio has his toughest challenge to date, as he will put the title on the line against...

The Man, The Myth, The Tower Of Power, The man of the hour, too sweet to be sour....

Gillberg!

And yet, Gillberg still towers over him.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 06:49 PM
How ironic

Xero
06-11-2006, 06:58 PM
And yet, Gillberg still towers over him.

Or, even better, they hire a midget to play Rey Mysterio in a Mysterio vs. Mysterio match.

And yes, the midget still towers over him.

Dorkchop
06-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately, Henry is most likely winning the title. And do you know what? I'm not super bothered by this. Why? Because's Rey's reign has been the worst title reign in a long time. Having him lose every single match he's in isn't helping either. Plus the whole milking Eddie's death didn't really help.

Henry will make an ok transitional champ. He'd make a better one had he not legitimately injured everyone, kept his job, and kept his mega push. If Batista wasn't going to beat him for the title (We all know he will) I'd be more interested in seeing who'll beat him for the title (If he was facing mid carders looking for that next step up).

dablackguy
06-12-2006, 12:35 AM
So its come to this.. making mark henry champ, can we just kill smackdown now and save the trouble of them actually putting the belt on him?

Mr. Nerfect
06-12-2006, 05:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Batista vs. Mark Henry will be second highest match on the card. The World Title will probably be defended by Rey Mysterio against King Booker (hopefully with KBT winning). They'll also probably have The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali in a Buried Alive Match.

My predictions for The Great American Bash:

-King Booker wins the World Championship from Rey Mysterio when Chavo Guerrero snaps and turns heel on Rey.
-The Undertaker defeats The Great Khali in a Buried Alive Match.
-Batista defeats Mark Henry with a Spinebuster, then "injures" Mark Henry, writing him off from storylines.
-Bobby Lashley pins Finlay and William Regal in a Handicap Match, just to make Lashley look like Superman.
-Ken Kennedy defeats Matt Hardy with the Kenton Bomb.
-Gregory Helms defeats Chavo Guerrero to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
-Paul London & Brian Kendrick retain the WWE Tag Team Championship against The Pitbulls.

Kane Knight
06-12-2006, 09:18 AM
So its come to this.. making mark henry champ, can we just kill smackdown now and save the trouble of them actually putting the belt on him?

You mean the Death of Eddie, injury of batista, loss of Orton, etc. Didn't kill it?

This is just a death rattle, folks.

And if Henry is the champ, it'll be literal. ;)