PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of ONS?

Stickman
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I didn't buy the ppv, but reading the results it looked pretty shitty and only had a small handful of nonwwe ECW wrestlers. Was it a good show or was it only a reason to give RVD the belt?

Gertner
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The One
06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
IT WAS DA SHIZZZZ! WWE suxxx! ECW LIVES! SANDMAN CANES PEOPLE! E-C-W! E-C-W! E-C-W!

Xero
06-12-2006, 01:20 PM
The matches were pretty good. I found Angle/Orton a bit boring, but Cena/Van Dam was pretty damn good. Seriously, Cena had the match of his career last night. It was all out and proved that he could go and put on an above decent match.

Splaya
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I've only read results but a buddy of mine and I are thinking of buying it on Tuesday for the replay. Is it worth the money?

Morgan
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
WWE wishes they had the balls to put on a PPV like this...

Its probably worth it to hear thousands of people questioning Randy Ortons sexuality in the form of a chant, luckily the matches were pretty good too. Better than any purely WWE PPV recently.

Sadistic
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought it was absolutely amazing. I wasn't bored for one moment.

The Angle Orton match was superb, it reminded me of a WWE PPV main event will the suspense and near finishes.

The crowd this year was even better than last year. Brilliance.

weather vane
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I thought it was awesome. Best PPV I have seen in a loooooooooong time.

I'm sure people will still complain though.

Kane Knight
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
WWE wishes they had the balls to put on a PPV like this...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Y2Jeremy
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM
WWE wishes they had the balls mahoney to put on a PPV like this...

http://www.ndown.com/images/pg1/7_98_180106.jpg

"But we've got the biggest....balls of them all"

Fox
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
It was a good show, but I have my fair share of negative thoughts:

-Mysterio/Sabu ending was terrible.

-Terry Funk shouldn't be in a wrestling ring; let alone with maniacs like Foley, Edge and Dreamer.

-Randy Orton should not have been at an ECW event. I mean, come on. He killed the heat that the Tazz/Lawler confrontation started, and I didn't feel like that heat came back until the World Title match.

-Tanaka/Balls should have been longer and more brutal.

-FBI vs. Crazy/Tajiri should have been longer and more brutal.

-Sandman's intro isn't the same without "Enter Sandman." And he should have had a match with Justin Credible or something.

-Eugene on an ECW PPV? Fuck that.

Dave Youell
06-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one who felt really dissapointed with this one?

I mean last years was awesome, the only negative was the crusaders shit.

But this time they were trying to get wwe storylines over on an ecw show, yes i know it's a brand extention, but i wanted to see an ECW show, so a ECW lite show featuring a wwe quatette getting there own agenda over.

Edge had no place in the main event at all, there was no need for an overdone JBL promo (for the record i'm a mark for the man normally)

I felt Taz/Lawler served no purpose, i wanted to see just a little ring action.

Orton/Angle though good was not an ECW match, it didn't have an ECW feel to it, do you know what I mean.

The match I enjoyed the most was probably the FBI Vs Taj/Crazy as that was a pure fast paced ECW style match.

Don't get me wrong here folks I enjoyed watching ECW again, I just wish it was different to what I got

JH
06-12-2006, 03:05 PM
i loved it

Team Sheep
06-12-2006, 03:12 PM
If ECW wasn't coming back full time, then it would have been just like last year's, pure ECW wrestling. Not a big deal really, seeing as we're going to be getting ECW every week from now on anyway, with no WWE envolvement.

My Final Heaven
06-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Edge had no place in the main event at all

That makes me laugh. A lot. :rofl:

Edge sucks. He really, really sucks. His sole part on the show last night was to solidify his "Dick" image (which they've been shoving down our throats for the past year+.). I mean, c'mon, do we really need any more reasons to think that the "Edge" character is a prick? When I saw him push Beaulah into a sex position to pin her, I literally had to grab my hand to keep it from pressing the power button on the remote. Just have him pin Dreamer, for fuck's sake. 99% of Adam Copeland's fans are just kids who have a hero-worship complex for guys who are "bad."

"He'S dA oNlY OnE WhO Has dA BALLS tA Do ThAT! WOOOO RATED R SUPERSTAR!!!" :nono:

Xero
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
If ECW wasn't coming back full time, then it would have been just like last year's, pure ECW wrestling. Not a big deal really, seeing as we're going to be getting ECW every week from now on anyway, with no WWE envolvement.
So you honestly think they'll book 13 weeks without SOMEONE invading?

Team Sheep
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Well I hope so. And I think so yes.

jindrak
06-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I was there.

The crowd was simply amazing, with the most featured chants being-

"Fuck you Cena"
"Cena shallows"
"You still suck" (directed at Cena and Orton)
"You can't wrestle" (Cena/Orton)
"Pussy" (Orton)
"This is why Smackdown sucks!" (some guy during the Angle/Orton match"
"Hepatitis" (Orton)
"Sa fucking bu"
"SHut the fuck up" (JBL/Eugene)
"Enter Sandman" (when Funk left the match)
"Screw the pyro" (when Orton's pyro started)

Biggest Pops-
1. RVD, obviosuly.
2. Sabu
3. Heyman

Most Heel Heat-
1. Cena, obviously.
2. Orton
3. Eugene/Edge

jindrak
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

As did I. :D

Gerard
06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Was pretty good, its refreshing to see a crowd so into the matches as opposed to wwe matches where they only get into it at the start (entrances) and when someone hits a finisher. They just went it basically from start to finish.

Team Sheep
06-12-2006, 04:44 PM
As did I. :D

Must have been amazing live.

BigDaddyCool
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I felt cheated, and here is why:

First off, I was looking forward to seeing the Taz v. King match, but then it was just the taz-mission. I can do a taz-mission, hell I've knocked people out with it. I was hoping to see a couple of sick tazplexes and then the tazmission.

Orton v. Angle. I hate Orton almost as much as I love Angle. But this was just a normal WWE match. It really didn't feel special.

Then the FBI vs. Super Crazy and Tajiri was ok. It is just everytime I ever used to watch ECW on TNN it was always Little Guido v. Tajiri. So it was a bit worn out of a match for me. But Bigshow coming out and beating people up was enjoyable

Rey v. Sabu was another let down. I knew Rey would walk out with the title, but not that way. This is mother fucking Sabu. Sabu has gotten up from worse bumps than that. I mean, come on.

The Clusterfuck match was pretty decent. I was happy with it. Edge is really starting to become watchable.

Balls v. Tanaka was pointless. I have never liked Balls Mahony, he is just a Buh-Buh rip off, who is a Mick Foley rip off, who is a Terry Funk rip off. And we just saw real Mick Foley and Terry Funk, so what is the point of seeing that watered down hack. I like Masato, but he seemed to be lacking something without Mike Awesome. ECW should get Awesome.

RVD v. Cena was also a let down. I was hoping to see old school RVD, but he never hit all his cool moves, it seemed really slow and watered down. And I hate that he had to win with Edge's help.

jindrak
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Must have been amazing live.

Damn right.

I'm hoping crowd reaction isn't edited on the DVD. :-\

btw, how did it come out on PPV?

BigDaddyCool
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Also, that Eugene Sandman thing was pointless.

The One
06-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Basically everything BDC just said, that's how I more or less felt.

Team Sheep
06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Damn right.

I'm hoping crowd reaction isn't edited on the DVD. :-\

btw, how did it come out on PPV?

Fans were INSANE!

Innovator
06-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Ticket to WWECW: $100

Subway to Hammerstein Ballroom: $2

Watching Strictly ECW founder Tony Lewis wipe his rear end with John Cena's shirt and getting an ECW chant for it: PRICELESS!

jindrak
06-12-2006, 05:04 PM
After the PPV, the merchandise stands were selling RVD shirts (typically priced at $20-25) for $70.

If anyone cares, I bought myself a Sandman shirt for a cool $20.

Team Sheep
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Please tell me the RVD shirts didn't have the WWE logo on the back.

The One
06-12-2006, 05:06 PM
They were seriously jacking the price up? That is some fuckin boo-shit!

Innovator
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
The Sandman shirt didn't look too bad

jindrak
06-12-2006, 05:21 PM

I don't think so. Although all merchandise had that WWE hologram sticker.

jindrak
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
They were seriously jacking the price up? That is some fuckin boo-shit!

All the ECW logo shirts were sold out.

But yea, the RVD shirt prices were jacked after the ppv.

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
RVD v. Cena was also a let down. I was hoping to see old school RVD, but he never hit all his cool moves, it seemed really slow and watered down. And I hate that he had to win with Edge's help.

Well this answers the #1 question I had about the PPV. It's awesome that RVD won, but why in the world would they not let him bust out some old ECW style moves in his own environment? I thought that was the point of cashing in his MITB at ONS? That's EXTREMEMLY UNACCEPTABLE!

Sadistic
06-12-2006, 06:48 PM

Yeah, that would be an outrage seeing as RVD has absolutely nothing to do with WWE.
:roll:

Arnold HamNegger
06-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Was there a "We want Fonzie" chant during the RVD match?

No hardcore moves, no Fonzie........what the hell? :wtf:

Mr. Monday Morning
06-13-2006, 10:58 AM
The match I enjoyed the most was probably the FBI Vs Taj/Crazy as that was a pure fast paced ECW style match.

Either your TV is super-fast or mine is super-slow, because to me that match draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagged like fuck. Not surprising, since they're all 7 years older than they were when they were doing this every week.

Eunos
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I must admit i was actually a little Dissapointed with The PPV

It was good but i just felt it could have been better.

Ah well.

Chavo Classic
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Balls v. Tanaka was pointless. I have never liked Balls Mahony, he is just a Buh-Buh rip off, who is a Mick Foley rip off, who is a Terry Funk rip off. And we just saw real Mick Foley and Terry Funk, so what is the point of seeing that watered down hack. I like Masato, but he seemed to be lacking something without Mike Awesome. ECW should get Awesome.

These two had a tremendous match at Hardcore Heaven 2000, and I was expecting pretty much the same encounter but it was poor in all honesty. Balls looks a shadow of his former-self (albeit a chair swinging brawler former-self) and straight from the go I could sense that Tanaka wasn't up for it. He pretty much nearly killed himself 12 months ago but didn't have the heart this time round.

As soon as Balls hit Tanaka with the chair, I was hoping he'd hop back up and scream at Balls to give him one more, but no. It was a shame, and would have been better just to reply their 2000 match instead on the big screen.

Chavo Classic
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
oh, and I honestly turned over to the Poker World Series the television during Angle/Orton. If I wanted to see a WWE match (which I don't) I'd watch Smackdown (which, again, I don't).

jindrak
06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
oh, and I honestly turned over to the Poker World Series the television during Angle/Orton. If I wanted to see a WWE match (which I don't) I'd watch Smackdown (which, again, I don't).

"This is why Smackdown sucks!" yelled some random guy at the show. :lol:

Team Sheep
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that would be an outrage seeing as RVD has absolutely nothing to do with WWE.
:roll:

Well on that night, amongst all of the ECW fans, on a PPV which is meant to be ECW One Night Stand, it would be a bit retarded. I was just thinking about the fans more than anything.

The Show Off
06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I was at the Pay-Per-View and it was amazing. The first Pay-Per-View I've been to since Summer Slam 2002. A friend of mine taped it and and i rewatched it yester day and it still comes across really good.

If you try to shut off your expectations of this being and ECW Pay-Per-View and just watch the matches themselves, you got 5 really solid mathes. But I'm bias I was there. I personally though the actual matches were ten times better then the matches last year. And the atmosphere was incredible...

Another note, my friend was the guy that thew Cena's shirt when it landed on the ring ropes, so that was cool.

D Mac
06-14-2006, 01:22 AM
The atmosphere was fucking awesome. Cena looking at the "Fuck you Cena" sign while holding it over RVD was hilarious. And I was drunk while watching it like a true EC Dub fan.

Batsu
06-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Well, RVD winning the WWE title was cool.
But more than anything else, the crowd made that show.

They totally shat on anything "WWE"...

Sabu and Rey was AWESOME. I mean, Rey reverted to "ECW" Rey, no 619 attempts or anything.

Some of the events drug a little, but overall, it was a good show. Nothing will beat the original.

HaTeR
06-14-2006, 07:13 AM
There was a 619 attempt... it got booed ofcourse...

V
06-14-2006, 07:14 AM
i wasn't an ecw fan so i probably don't have room to talk, but last years event was a real ecw reunion, everyone thought it was a one time thing so it felt like a lot of effort was put into it, and it just had a better atmosphere

this time it felt more like a promotion for vengeance and the new ECW, rather than that one time big reunion of something great.

If you don't compare it to last years ONS, and don't think of it as an ECW ppv it was really good, but you can't ignore how good ONS was last year, and that it actually was (at the time) a one night thing

Sadistic
06-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Rey reverted to "ECW" Rey, no 619 attempts or anything.

Were you watching the same match we were?