PDA

View Full Version : I fucking hate Metallica right now..........

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:25 PM
PWInsider also states that there is no chance at all that Sandman will
ever use Enter Sandman as his theme in this new brand. Metallica was
demanding 10-13 million bucks a YEAR for the rights to use that song
for Sandman's theme. It's said that that total is more than the rights
for anyone in WWE, from the most major stars on down. Many people feel
sorry for Sandman because of this, and feel really bad for him, since
he has really worked hard to get into what many are saying is the best
shape of his career for this new ECW brand.

Cunts :foc:

McLegend
06-13-2006, 06:26 PM
That's a lot of money

Innovator
06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
It isn't like they need the money, they're fucking Metallica

UmbrellaCorporation
06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah...

Metallica's pretty gay. :mad:

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 06:28 PM
They didn't need to sue fans either, but they did.

Xero
06-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Can WWE get the Motorhead version or not? Because without the music Sandman really isn't anything.

The Ravishing One
06-13-2006, 06:32 PM
When did they sue fans?

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
When did they sue fans?
I asume he means the whole napster thing

As far as the Moterhead thing goes, i guess royalties still need to be paid to Metallica

There's no way they would of charged the old ECW that, so I can only asume they are pricing themselves out of the market so because they don't want to be used on wrestling programming

Mister Sinister
06-13-2006, 06:35 PM
The whole napster thing, because when people download music off the internet, Musicians, are forced to live an half luxary life, as opposed to being able to build in shark tanks in there backyards.

Y2Jeremy
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
that's Metallica for ya. Still fightin the good fight AGAINST the fans that supported them. I say fuck them and let Jimmy Hart work his magic and create a spot-on ripoff, the fans can sing the words.

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:36 PM
The whole napster thing, because when people download music off the internet, Musicians, are forced to live an half luxary life, as opposed to being able to build in shark tanks in there backyards.
During that time members of Metallica could only wipe their asses with $50 notes instead of the $100

Poor poor Metallica :'(

Stickman
06-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I still love their music

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:38 PM
that's Metallica for ya. Still fightin the good fight AGAINST the fans that supported them. I say fuck them and let Jimmy Hart work his magic and create a spot-on ripoff, the fans can sing the words.
I'm sure they would sue saying that's a cover as well

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I still love their music
Shut up, no you don't.

Right now you hate them ok?

And everything about them.

First Napster then that St Anger tripe and now this! Revenge! I demand revenge!

loopydate
I never thought RVD would get a better theme than Walk, but One Of A Kind grew on me. They'll come up with something good for Sandman.

And they weren't kidding about him being in the best shape of his career. I could actually make out MUSCLES at One Night Stand.

The Show Off
Metallica has every right to charge whatever the hell they want for the properties that they not only own but created.

loopydate
06-13-2006, 06:41 PM
You're right, Show Off. But it's still disappointing that they're not giving WWE theme rights.

Didn't they let them use "St. Anger" for a PPV theme last year?

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
When did they sue fans?

Aside from Napster, which doesn't count because I don't think any of the actual fans were sued, they sued fansites. Several of which did not even contain copyrighted material. So before anyone has a hissyfit that poor Metallica's rights were being violated...:foc:

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Metallica has every right to charge whatever the hell they want for the properties that they not only own but created.
So did they charge Paul Heyman 13 mil a year on the old ECW shows?

Of course not! Cunts, the lot of them!

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 06:44 PM

Yeah, that doesn't make them any less a set of dicks for it. :y:

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
You're right, Show Off. But it's still disappointing that they're not giving WWE theme rights.

Didn't they let them use "St. Anger" for a PPV theme last year?
Summerslam I think

The only match I think was on it for sure was Albert/Taker, not sure why I remember that specifically

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I never thought RVD would get a better theme than Walk, but One Of A Kind grew on me. They'll come up with something good for Sandman.

And they weren't kidding about him being in the best shape of his career. I could actually make out MUSCLES at One Night Stand.

I'd laugh my ass off if they came up with something similar for Sandman. Can't copyright a title, can't copyright an arrangement...

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Aside from Napster, which doesn't count because I don't think any of the actual fans were sued, they sued fansites. Several of which did not even contain copyrighted material. So before anyone has a hissyfit that poor Metallica's rights were being violated...:foc:
You could argue they started the domino effect that is now causing people on the net to get taken to court for downloading music also

UmbrellaCorporation
06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't remember what PPV they used St. Anger on, but because that song was used, the PPV automatically sucked.

Dave Youell
06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd laugh my ass off if they came up with something similar for Sandman. Can't copyright a title, can't copyright an arrangement...
I've just copyrighted the note A minor.

Now i'm going on a sueing spree woohoooo!

Azriel
06-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Do the Yankees have to pay rights to Metallica for whenever Mariano comes out?

Y2Jeremy
06-13-2006, 06:55 PM

I for one would lose it if the sandman came out with a theme similar to One of a Kind. I could not take him seriously.
but i hope that they can get something done about his music situation, especially since he's gotten himself in decent shape for a potential run on top.

Stickman
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll admit, Sandman without Enter Sandman is pointless.

Y2Jeremy
06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
that's a good question, Azriel. I think that it is all up to the artist's preferences. They may not care that the yanks use their song and charge them nothing, but they may not like WWE anymore and want to screw them over.

Xero
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
They should turn this into an angle.

They could come up with a song that has the music of Enter Sandman but someone saying "Fuck Metallica" over it in a chanting rhythm.

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
You could argue they started the domino effect that is now causing people on the net to get taken to court for downloading music also

Naw, because the RIAA were taking action at the same time, not as a result of Lars being a cock.

BobBitchen
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
First Napster then that St Anger tripe and now this!
what St. Anger tripe?

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I've just copyrighted the note A minor.

Now i'm going on a sueing spree woohoooo!

A minor is a chord, not a note.

Anyway, you can have it, just don't touch Metallica's trademark E-F progression.

PullMyFinger
06-13-2006, 07:20 PM
lol Metallica - see, normally I'd be shocked if it were another band doing this...but I'm not. In fact, I expected this.

I've never known a band that's filled with such greedy whiny bitches. They did a great job at tearing apart their entire legacy..and St. Anger was just the final nail in the coffin.

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Well, I thought about this earlier, and the thing is if it weren't for the fact that it's the WWE that's getting the short end of this one, I'd be agreeing with how unfair it is and whatnot, despite the fact that Metallica has that right. But this is the WWE, the same people that fucked over guys like the Dudley Boyz, and that was okay, because they had the rights.

Arnold HamNegger
06-13-2006, 07:22 PM
They should turn this into an angle.

They could come up with a song that has the music of Enter Sandman but someone saying "Fuck Metallica" over it in a chanting rhythm.

ECW should crash the next Metallica concert and as they start to play the song, take over the stage and have Sandman cane the shit out of Lars.

Skippord
06-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Someone should write a song with a title like "Exit Sandman" with the same music and they could use that

PullMyFinger
06-13-2006, 07:29 PM
ECW should crash the next Metallica concert and as they start to play the song, take over the stage and have Sandman cane the shit out of Lars.

How hilarious. :roll:

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Someone should write a song with a title like "Exit Sandman" with the same music and they could use that

Just play the major riff backwards.

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Actually, while it has no chance in hell of happening, I think it WOULD be pretty god damn funny.

Corkscrewed
06-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Metallica has always been pricks about the use of their music. This is no exception. $10-13 mil a YEAR is outrageous. Even Vince has a limit to wasting money, and that limit is $1 mil a year for ten years to fat former Olympians.

Arnold HamNegger
06-13-2006, 08:28 PM

I'd laugh harder than seeing him cane a retard.

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Actually, while it has no chance in hell of happening, I think it WOULD be pretty god damn funny.

Don't mind him, it probably offends his culture.

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Don't mind him, it probably offends his culture.
What culture is that? I've never really paid much attention to PullMyFinger, if that even IS his real name, before.

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
What culture is that? I've never really paid much attention to PullMyFinger, if that even IS his real name, before.

I suspect it is a nome de plume (Pardon my french, which probably sucks). I mean, have you ever seen PMF and Lars Ulrich in the same place at the same time?

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I suspect it is a nome de plume (Pardon my french, which probably sucks). I mean, have you ever seen PMF and Lars Ulrich in the same place at the same time?
You know, I can't say that I have...

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Just like Bruce Wayne and Superman.

Schoenauer
06-13-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not surprised that Metallica wanted money for it. However, I think that was a ridiculous amount to ask for.

Xero
06-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Or Glenn Jacobs and the real Kane.

:shifty:

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm not surprised that Metallica wanted money for it. However, I think that was a ridiculous amount to ask for.
I doubt ANYONE was surprised they wanted money for it in general.

Brian Bee
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I think it would be interesting to have The Sandman revive his ECW namesake from 1992 and go back to a "Surfin' USA" entrance, with a surfboard once more replacing the Singapore cane. Or how about bringing back his white trash pimp gimmick from 1993? While "The Hardcore Icon" gimmick is easily the most popular and profitable, it'd at least be a way to solve the music situation, since his entrance is a big part of his gimmick. The same goes for Balls; bring back Xanta Clause!

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I doubt ANYONE was surprised they wanted money for it in general.

Yeah, that's a shock up there with water being wet and Funky Fly eating fried chi*banned*

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
The Beach Boys would probably want more than Metallica. Those fuckers are ruthless.

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Never mind, Brian Wilson did it.

Pepsi Man
06-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I think it would be interesting to have The Sandman revive his ECW namesake from 1992 and go back to a "Surfin' USA" entrance, with a surfboard once more replacing the Singapore cane. Or how about bringing back his white trash pimp gimmick from 1993? While "The Hardcore Icon" gimmick is easily the most popular and profitable, it'd at least be a way to solve the music situation, since his entrance is a big part of his gimmick. The same goes for Balls; bring back Xanta Clause!
Balls's music that was used at ECW One Night Stand was at least close to Big Balls.

Boondock Saint
06-13-2006, 09:54 PM
God damn that's a shitload of money. Sucks.

Boondock Saint
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Also, just noticed Youell's sig. ROFL

Skippord
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
13 million dollars Jesus. Are they retarded?

Kane Knight
06-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Balls's music that was used at ECW One Night Stand was at least close to Big Balls.

Yeah, it's easy to rip off a song. Look at Nirvana.

weather vane
06-13-2006, 11:12 PM
TPWW's Favorite Metal Band

Brian Bee
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM

That's true, and I was really hoping we'd be able to sing the words ourselves at the show, but I guess those lyrics aren't as ingrained as those of "Enter Sandman."

RGWhat316
06-14-2006, 01:52 AM
TPWW's Favorite Metal Band
Dammit, you're right. And I think I voted for them too.

I still do like Metallica, but that is pretty greedy to ask for that kind of money, especially when this music is only going to be played on the Sci-Fi channel.

And I do believe the ppv that "St Anger" was used, was SummerSlam 2003.

James Steele
06-14-2006, 01:54 AM
The PPV that used "St. Anger" was the SummerSlam with the Elimination Chamber match.

Londoner
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Haha, Metallica won that shitty metal band tournament didn't they? This is exactly the kind of thing that made me not vote for them. On the other side of things though you could say that WWE deserves this for how often they have pulled similar shit like this.

That still doesn't take away the fact that Metallica are cunts however.

D Mac
06-14-2006, 03:21 AM
They are still better then Guns N Faggots.

RVDmark
06-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Just announce Sandman entering with no music. If its a crowd like they had at the ballroom then they will just sing Enter Sandman. Although a weekly Fuck Metallica chant would make for just as energetic entrance for Sandman.

Pepsi Man
06-14-2006, 06:15 AM
If its a crowd like they had at the ballroom...
:lol:

Batsu
06-14-2006, 07:17 AM

LOL, now if Sandman showed up on Raw....

Londoner
06-14-2006, 08:39 AM
They are still better then Guns N Faggots.

IN YOUR OPINION. :)

Seriously though, if Metallica were so great you wouldn't have to keep on letting us know about it. The very fact that you feel the need to say they're better than GnR over and over again tells me that deep down inside you realise this is not the case but you want others to think otherwise because they're your favourite band.

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't know what you two are arguing about, they BOTH suck.

D Mac
06-14-2006, 03:12 PM
IN YOUR OPINION. :)

Seriously though, if Metallica were so great you wouldn't have to keep on letting us know about it. The very fact that you feel the need to say they're better than GnR over and over again tells me that deep down inside you realise this is not the case but you want others to think otherwise because they're your favourite band.

IF Metallica were so great. :lol:

Whatever you say man. :p

Rob
06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
It's only a fucking song. Plus on a 60 minute show, you can't have 10 minute intro's everyweek.

Innovator
06-14-2006, 08:43 PM
the fucking song is the majority of the guy's character

Xero
06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, really. Without Enter Sandman all Sandman is is a drunk swinging a cane. With it he's a drunk swinging a cane with an awesome entrance.

Xero
06-14-2006, 10:03 PM
It's only a fucking song. Plus on a 60 minute show, you can't have 10 minute intro's everyweek.
So showing a replay of a throw away match from a PPV is a better way to fill those ten minutes?

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 10:10 PM

Do you know how hard ECW Smarks are gonna rip into you for this? Doubt you care, just pointing out that the hardcore wrestling fans seemingly NEED this shit. If you can't say WWF, the terrorists have won. If you can't get Enter Sandman, you might as well have destroyed ECW.

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
So showing a replay of a throw away match from a PPV is a better way to fill those ten minutes?

That was more or less a one-shot though.

Hired Hitman
06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Sandman atleast needs a cover of the song, it's what makes him, him.

I was mad until I saw this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9596/wsh8mi.gif :lol:

Kane Knight
06-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Covers don't work that way. I'm sorry.

Rob
06-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Do you know how hard ECW Smarks are gonna rip into you for this? Doubt you care, just pointing out that the hardcore wrestling fans seemingly NEED this shit. If you can't say WWF, the terrorists have won. If you can't get Enter Sandman, you might as well have destroyed ECW.

To quote Frank Barone - "People are idiots".

And I'm done arguing with ECW marks. It's a fucking song. Big deal. Nobody has ever had the same music through their careers. And Sandman had the exact same gimmick in WCW and the song wasn't the reason he didn't get over.

ECW is dead anyway. This new stuff is a load of shit. Quicker people notice it the better.

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I honestly don't see the importance of having "Enter Sandman" as Sandman's theme. Sure, it has his name in the title. Big deal.

Oh, and "Hardcore Hak" was the reason he didn't get over. Having a variant of the word "hack" in your name surely can't help.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
To quote Frank Barone - "People are idiots".

I think that sums it up.

Rob
06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I honestly don't see the importance of having "Enter Sandman" as Sandman's theme. Sure, it has his name in the title. Big deal.

Oh, and "Hardcore Hak" was the reason he didn't get over. Having a variant of the word "hack" in your name surely can't help.

His name wasn't the reason (and for the record, everyone in wrestling calls him Hack), the stupid weapons and WCW taking the realism out of his gimmick killed it. He was over when he first started with Chastity.

Eunos
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Just use Blind Guardians Rendition of Mr Sandman..

Innovator
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Just use Pat Boone's Rendition of Enter Sandman..

Y2Jeremy
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
"Mister Sandman, [dum dum] Bring me a dream...."

Volare
06-15-2006, 01:08 PM
sad...very sad

you don't see Alice In Chains complaining that ECW made a copy of "Man In The Box" for Tommy Dreamer

Y2Jeremy
06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
acutally, I think that Alice in Chains would have likely given them Man in the Box if WWE weren't such non-mainevent penny pinchers. I certainly doubt that they would have charged 10 mill.

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
'Jeeeeeeeeeyeeeeyeeeyeeeesus Chriiiiiiiiiiiist, deny your makeeerrrr"

Extreme Angle
06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
why not make it sound kind of like enter sandman?
like they do with some of the guys in tna

alvarado52
06-15-2006, 04:30 PM
why dont they just rip it off pretty bad, like ol' WCW used to with Raven and Jerichos music...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Pretty funny how Metallica wants so much money when a group like 3 6 Mafia, who hasn't made anywhere close to the amount of money Metallica has, have a song specifically for Mark Henry.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
But 3 6 Mafia are rappers FUCK THOSE GUYS

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2006, 04:52 PM
New ECW=Joke

Sandman without his music is the least of the new brand's worries. I just read results and I can tell it's just another WWE show. Complete with a time-wasting WWE Diva (appearently one not good enough for RAW, Smackdown, Heat, or Velocity). I'll wait a few more weeks before I write a full blown rant on the WWE/ECW; it might get better. But everything wrong with it is too easy to spot.

TerranRich
06-15-2006, 05:29 PM
#197845 (http://www.bash.org/?197845) +(4568)- [X]

<SRG> Metallica sold out in 45 mins :/
<NotOneOfUs> Yeah I know.
<NotOneOfUs> Oh wait
<NotOneOfUs> You mean, like, a concert?
<SRG> yes

Rob
06-15-2006, 06:16 PM
"Mister Sandman, [dum dum] Bring me a dream...."

That would be so awesome. Rep time.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
acutally, I think that Alice in Chains would have likely given them Man in the Box if WWE weren't such non-mainevent penny pinchers. I certainly doubt that they would have charged 10 mill.

Most people don't want that kind of money for their songs, even superstar groups. MEtallica are greedy cunts. Of course, so are WWE, and that's why half the music they use for themes can't be used later on on DVDs and in replays.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Pretty funny how Metallica wants so much money when a group like 3 6 Mafia, who hasn't made anywhere close to the amount of money Metallica has, have a song specifically for Mark Henry.

Well, Three Six Mafia gets promotion out of the deal. They get a song on a soundtrack record people will doubtlessly buy, they will get promotion for records, etc.

Metallica doesn't have a new record, their Black Album's gone multiplatinum, and they'd prefer to sue fans rather than keep them.

.44 Magdalene
06-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I vote for the Richard Cheese cover of Enter Sandman.

Rob
06-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Sandman won't even be there in 6 months so there ain't no point in caring.

Kane Knight
06-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I vote for the Richard Cheese cover of Enter Sandman.

Covers don't work that way. I'm sorry.

Actually, I'm not sorry, because Richard Cheese fans really need to die (Or at least stop breeding).

Kane Knight
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Sandman won't even be there in 6 months so there ain't no point in caring.

It'd take them 15 minutes to knock off an imitation.

Of course, that goes to show you how much effort they're putting into ECW.

Arnold HamNegger
06-16-2006, 05:02 PM
You know, if I win the lotto I will pay Metallica the 13 million myself. It would be worth it just to see Sandman spitting beer on 10 year old WWE fans with Cena shirts in the crowed every Tuedsay. Hell, I'd even throw a couple mil to Sci-fi to insure that they don't edit it out. ;)

TerranRich
06-16-2006, 05:27 PM
why dont they just rip it off pretty bad, like ol' WCW used to with Raven and Jerichos music...
Believe it or not, Jericho's theme (which sounded like "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam) was not a WCW-made theme. It was a production theme from NonStop Music (http://www.nonstopmusic.com).

Volare
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I still liked it