PDA

View Full Version : Will the Undertaker kill Kane in more ways than one?

Kenny
02-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Okay... so lets play out the obvious scenario here first. Taker teases his come back, comes back, and beats Kane at mania. But then what?

Or, Kane could beat Taker at Mania and shock us all. I don't see that happening though.

I think the best thing to do would be to keep Kane off of TV after mania for a while and have him return as a face.

Head
02-04-2004, 11:36 PM
I dunno, I don't really think a face Kane would be able to get over too much, except in a comic role.

In order for him to be taken seriously, I think he should stay in the phycho killer type gimmick he has now.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-04-2004, 11:48 PM
For Kane's character to survive, he has to go over Taker. I don't give a shit that the Dead Man is returning (in the sense that I don't think he should win, I am excited). Taker doesn't need the win to be over. His gimmick return alone will save any down play he would get from losing. Kane on the other hand, has been built up, taken down, built up, and taken back down so many times that he can't afford it to happen again. He must win to become heavily established.

Corkscrewed
02-04-2004, 11:49 PM
So the question is: does he win at Wrestlemania or Judgement Day?

The CyNick
02-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I'm almost certain Taker is winning.

Maybe they should keep Kane off TV for a while, then bring him back with the mask on. That could tie in with his movie stuff, where he's going to be a serial killer type thing. I think the mask works better for that genre, and if he has it in the movie, he should have it on TV. That might be enough to give him a new life, and then he can be rebuilt.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-04-2004, 11:52 PM
To me Kane has to beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. That's Undertaker's legacy and if Kane can dethrone Taker at a WrestleMania, then he'll cement his status.

Rock Bottom
02-05-2004, 01:19 AM
I'd actually *like* to see Kane win. Until he does I won't believe a smidgen of this push.

Mikey
02-05-2004, 05:31 AM
If he has a great match that would continue hus push. Like back in 1998. Lost to Undertaker at Wrestlemania beat Austin at KOTR for the title

Razor Rybek
02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
I honestly can't see Taker giving up his Mania' winning streak, but on the other hand i can't see what a Taker Victory would actually achieve?.

If it were down to me, i'd have Taker return AT mania during a Kane match vs somebody or just have him throw down the guantlet so he and Kane could be locked in battle for the following couple of months.

wrestling_god
02-05-2004, 09:25 AM
also got to think if vince is going to be a factor afterall Taker was in a feud with vince when this all happened....Heres a scenario, wrestlemanina match... instead of a one on one why not add something like a hell in the cell or a casket match have undertaker beast kane like bust the shit out of him and then do something to scar up kane. maybe torch him something along that lines. kane dissapears for like amonth promos go on for a greter evil being formed you see kane inlike a psychward kinda in a vegetable state fire keeps going off through out the nights towards differnt wrestlers. Kane comes back new attire new mask and unstoppable...i mean a goldberg squash match unstoppable....thus i give you super kane. This will make it more like in the old days with the original kane and undertaker. Now the question is will taker stay face? or go heel?

Innovator
02-05-2004, 10:10 AM
kane will not win at Wrestlemania. The whole point of this feud is that Kane isn't afraid of anyone EXCEPT his brother. It is logical that Kane loses at Taker's last Mania, letting his steak go to an unheard of 12-0. Later on I see Kane winning, probably at Backlash (they need a big feud for Backlash, why not let this keep going).

Volchok
02-05-2004, 03:09 PM
They have to have a Inferno Match along in there fued... They have too... maybe if Kane could beat Taker in a Inferno Match... since Taker hasnt lost a Inferno Match yet... but they have to either have a Inferno, Hell in the Cell, Casket or Burried Alive... maybe have them go threw all those matches and finally end with a Burried Alive Match....

Boondock Saint
02-05-2004, 03:43 PM
They have to have a Inferno Match along in there fued... They have too... maybe if Kane could beat Taker in a Inferno Match... since Taker hasnt lost a Inferno Match yet... but they have to either have a Inferno, Hell in the Cell, Casket or Burried Alive... maybe have them go threw all those matches and finally end with a Burried Alive Match....

That would be cool...to an extent. It would be a lot of gimmick matches which shouldn't be used so cosecutively. What bothers me is when they say Inferno matches are Kane's specialty even though he has lost them all. :wtf: Just because he is "connected" with fire? I think it's same for Taker with some sort of match too. Not sure

Stickman
02-05-2004, 03:48 PM
And exactly how many inferno matches has there been? Enough to call it someobody's specialty? I think not...

Rock Bottom
02-05-2004, 03:55 PM
I actually agree with Wrestling God. If Taker is retiring sometime soon, he needs to put Kane over. Kane's whole gimmick was an off-shoot of sorts. Not to say he hasn't established his own persona, but I really think Kane could be MUCH more. I think the Undertaker will weigh him down if he beats Kane and retires without putting Kane over. And I mean REALLY, putting him over. This type of idea would make the fans buy it.

lariat
02-05-2004, 04:09 PM
And exactly how many inferno matches has there been? Enough to call it someobody's specialty? I think not...

I can think of three. Kane vs Taker at Unforgiven '98, Kane v Taker on an early '99 edition of RAW, Kane vs Triple H at the 9/23/99 edition of SmackDown! That's definately not enough to warrant it someone's 'speciality' and definately not Kane. As stated before, he's lost all three of them.

Showstopper
02-05-2004, 06:05 PM
First,,,I think Kane should lose 2 Taker at WM20.
2nd,,, Kane in Mask should come back claiming to be REAL Kane, starting feud 4 Backlash.
Could be Inferno^

Rock Bottom
02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Who the **** let the WWE writer in?

Disturbed316
02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Wrestlemania just wouldn't be Wrestlemania with The <s>Heart Break Kid</s> Undertaker, especially as its Wrestlemania 20.

I think he will return to Raw in a few weeks, win at Mania, continue the fued to Judgement Day, where Kane will finally win and Taker will then retire ( :'( )

thebitch
02-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Something stupid will happen, like a freaking draw or time limit or something like that.

Rock Bottom
02-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Something stupid will happen, like a freaking draw or time limit or something like that.

Didn't know Triple H was booking the match!

Anyway, I hope Kane lays the smack down on The Undertaker.

SuperSlim
02-06-2004, 02:47 PM
there is a better chance of HHH jobbin at WMXX then Kane beatin Taker at WMXX

Rock Bottom
02-06-2004, 02:52 PM
there is a better chance of HHH jobbin at WMXX then Kane beatin Taker at WMXX

You're probably right, but I'm so sick of seeing Kane pushed and then buried, then recycled as a face in some comical fashion. If anything though I'd like to see him continue the feud with the Taker til he beats him.

MVP
02-06-2004, 03:29 PM
As much as I'd like to see Kane "dethrone" his brother, it's unlikely that it's going to happen. In fact the way Kane has looked during the Undertaker promos has been killing his heat. Kane looks like he's going to piss his pants every time.

Kane's monster gimmick is being buried yet again, because he's not given the credibility he deserves. Does he need to be a main eventer or win the World title? No, Kane just needs to play the fearless, immovable object that not even the Undertaker can defeat. Right now it's looking as though Undertaker will go 12-0 at WMXX.