PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with "The Title" (Possible Sci-Fi Spoilers)

Ben Rodrigues
06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Is RVD both the WWE & ECW World Champion? Just the ECW World Champion? Is the WWE Championship now defunct or are they both seperate belts meaning the belt didn't actually get rechristened at all? Is Edge #1 Contender to both titles or just the WWE? Man this is confusing. He should've just thrown down the spinner.

McLegend
06-15-2006, 09:50 PM
I think he is WWE Champion and ECW champion.

So yeah he holds 2 separte World Titles... I think.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, he's technically both. The ECW title was supposed to be a renamed Heavyweight title belt. But RVD opted to keep both. The thing is, they'll keep the title lineage on the WWE side of the belt when RVD compete for it, losing to whoever at the PPV (Edge, right?). He'll say he never lost the ECW championship though.

Innovator
06-15-2006, 10:06 PM
dude....it spins

Ben Rodrigues
06-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, he's technically both. The ECW title was supposed to be a renamed Heavyweight title belt. But RVD opted to keep both. The thing is, they'll keep the title lineage on the WWE side of the belt when RVD compete for it, losing to whoever at the PPV (Edge, right?). He'll say he never lost the ECW championship though.

Is it just me or does any possible scenario of getting the WWE Title off Van Dam in one way or another hurt his credibility?

Ben Rodrigues
06-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Meh... I guess with more belts Rob Van Dam is worth more money here and more money - elsewhere.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Is it just me or does any possible scenario of getting the WWE Title off Van Dam in one way or another hurt his credibility?

No more than SuperCena holding it, but yeah. There's NO good way to take the title off him without hurting one or both titles (And most likely, both).

McLegend
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
dude....it spins
That was the only good part of the show. Just that line not that whole segment.

Kane Knight
06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I always thought Van Dam getting that belt would make for some awesome scenarios...

McLegend
06-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Like he could be high and for hours on end he just would be sitting there watching the belt spin.

Be great

Afterlife
06-16-2006, 12:48 AM
So, you would say you had...High Hopes...for Van Dam?

Lara Emily
06-16-2006, 01:34 AM
No more than SuperCena holding it, but yeah. There's NO good way to take the title off him without hurting one or both titles (And most likely, both).
Could have RVD walk out on the match at Venegeance claiming it's just for the WWE title which means shit to him now that he's ECW champ *shrugs*, you're probably right though or at very least having Cena pin Edge ofr vice versa and then RVD pipping in that the WWE title means nothing to him.

James Steele
06-16-2006, 02:07 AM

<embed src=

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/2/d/52de1af0cfe7f857f56f907bb0f04016.wav></pre>

Dave Youell
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
So it's a given that Edge is going to win at the next PPV then?

Chavo Classic
06-16-2006, 05:30 AM
I still doesn't feel like RVD is the WWE champ. I feels like a massive cop out that Cena had to be beaten in such a way that the title wasn't won cleanly.

Whats frustrating also is that it doesnt feel that RVD is ECW champion either. To be just given the belt rather than compete for it mirrors how HHH how Raw's championship follow Lesnar's departure to Smackdown.

So (in my eyes) RVD is neither ECW nor WWE champion, and that really gets on my tits because I'd be the first to celebrate either one of those things happening had it been executed properly.

Kane Knight
06-16-2006, 09:45 AM

I'm just gonna let zombie cover this one.

*Groooooooan*

Sorry, That was Khali.

Kane Knight
06-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Could have RVD walk out on the match at Venegeance claiming it's just for the WWE title which means shit to him now that he's ECW champ *shrugs*, you're probably right though or at very least having Cena pin Edge ofr vice versa and then RVD pipping in that the WWE title means nothing to him.That still isn't doing either belt any favors.

6to1
06-16-2006, 10:03 AM
That was the only good part of the show. Just that line not that whole segment.
yea i agree with you there that part was funny as hell

TerranRich
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I love this line:

RVD: I'll be proud to wear this belt, and this one... it spins! [spins belt]

Or something like that.

James Steele
06-16-2006, 11:50 AM
RVD: Paul, I decided I am going to keep both! Crowd and Paul: WTF?! RVD: Look, this one spins! [spins the Wheel Of EXTREME]

Y2Jeremy
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Hopefully someone from ECW will interfere and give Edge the win. then his reign will be a sort of sham like RVDs. Then have Edge lose the belt to Cena is another unclear winner match, and we will be right back to how it should be, RVD with an ECW feud, Cena with the WWE title feuding with Edge

Arnold HamNegger
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Hopefully someone from ECW will interfere and give Edge the win. then his reign will be a sort of sham like RVDs. Then have Edge lose the belt to Cena is another unclear winner match, and we will be right back to how it should be, RVD with an ECW feud, Cena with the WWE title feuding with Edge

Would WWE possibly have Cena interfere and cost Edge the match at Vengance? I know people will complain that this will prolong further WWE/ECW story lines and run ins, but let's be honest...ECW doesn't have the roster yet to draw in ratings or the credibility. Judging by fan reactions in the crowd, RVD isn't looked at as a respectable/viable champion because of the way he won the belt.

My dream scenerio is if they would make RVD a loose cannon/multi-brand champion that could show up on any show...but make him win clean and build credibility. I'd love to see him show up on Smackdown and challege Rey for the belt and win, thus holding all 3 major titles. Give him his arrogant prick persona back and his old move set to back up his attitude. Then bring back Fonzie to help him carry all 3 belts. Instead of losing the WWE belts cleanly to whoever, you could have ECW wrestlers interfere and cost him the belts, thus creating a storyline and heat for the ECW title. The more clean victories for RVD, the more the credibility rises with the ECW title.

I'm still pissed off about this whole thing. I mean, would it have been so fucking hard to have RVD win clean over Cena with his old ECW hardcore move set at ONS, but have Cena put on a good showing and gain some credibility back with the fans? Cena could have taken the attitude of "Yeah, I lost my first ECW hardcore rules match...but you know what? I liked it! It lit a fire in me that has been missing since I've been holding the belt so long. I got comfortable at the top, but now I'm hungry again. I could get used to no rules...." Have him be a tweener who might possibly make the jump permanently to ECW. Have Cena lose a few more times to RVD, but get closer and closer to winning each time. #1- this makes RVD look stronger and stronger. #2- Cena doesn't lose any credibility. If anything, it will possibly start to win him back in the eyes of his old fans that hate his new persona and make him seem more human/realistic. Both sides would have come out on top IMO.

Lara Emily
06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
That still isn't doing either belt any favors.

Well it doesn't do so bad for the ECW belt since RVD would essentially be seeing this means more to me then the WWE belt. *shrugs*, I pretty much agree though that there's really no good way to fix this situation.

Arnold HamNegger
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Well it doesn't do so bad for the ECW belt since RVD would essentially be seeing this means more to me then the WWE belt. *shrugs*, I pretty much agree though that there's really no good way to fix this situation.

How about having Edge win the belt at Vengance, but then declaring his secret allegance with Heyman and declaring himself officially ECW. Then have a MEANINGFUL match on ECW's show where Edge would face RVD for the ECW title with the stipulation that the winner not only becomes the ECW champion...but they get to be the one that destroys the gay spinny belt in the middle of the ring.

Ben Rodrigues
06-16-2006, 08:02 PM
How about having Edge win the belt at Vengance, but then declaring his secret allegance with Heyman and declaring himself officially ECW. Then have a MEANINGFUL match on ECW's show where Edge would face RVD for the ECW title with the stipulation that the winner not only becomes the ECW champion...but they get to be the one that destroys the gay spinny belt in the middle of the ring.

I'm probably the only one - and I'm feeling the after effects of being super drunk - but I think Paul E. should be face. I love the fact that he gets cheered and apprechiated for what hes done.

Mr. Nerfect
06-19-2006, 01:19 AM
I think Rob Van Dam should retain the WWE Championship at Vengeance. Have him called both the WWE Champion and ECW Champion, and have his reigns considered seperate. John Cena beats Sabu at Vengeance via shenanigans, and there is an bonus stipulation where John Cena now gets a WWE Title shot. John Cena wins the belt at Summerslam, again via shenanigans. Shawn Michaels is sent to SmackDown! by Vince McMahon (seriously, if you were Vince McMahon, what would you do to destory DX?). Heel John Cena feuds with Face Triple H.

Impact!
06-19-2006, 04:40 AM
I love this line:

RVD: I'll be proud to wear this belt, and this one... it spins! [spins belt]

Or something like that.
Can someone find me the clip of that, I missed it :'(

Kane Knight
06-19-2006, 10:16 AM
and we will be right back to how it should be, RVD with an ECW feud, Cena killing the WWE title

Fixed.