PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2006 Emmys Thread

loopydate
06-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I figured since I've done one of these the last couple of years for the Oscars, I might as well get the ball rolling on one for the Emmys. The awards aren't until August 27, but nominee ballots are due June 20th. Nominations will be announced on July 6.

So, let's just say for the sake of argument that you were going to submit a list of nominees to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Who gets your vote? The period of eligibility is from June 1 of last year through May 31 of this year. Any show that aired in that period is eligible.

I'm just going to list the major categories here. If you want to get into stuff like Sound Editing and Hairstyling, then be my guest.

Outstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Comedy Series
Lead Actor - Drama
Lead Actor - Comedy
Lead Actress - Drama
Lead Actress - Comedy
Supporting Actor - Drama
Supporting Actor - Comedy
Supporting Actress - Drama
Supporting Actress - Comedy

Also, I think Conan O'Brien is hosting this year. Couldn't find anything on the official Emmy site, but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Conan is hosting.

RoXer
06-16-2006, 02:36 AM
Outstanding Drama Series - Lost
Outstanding Comedy Series - The Office/Earl/AD (wishful thinking)
Lead Actor - Drama - Kiefer Sutherland/Martin Sheen
Lead Actor - Comedy - Steve Carrell/Earl/Jason Bateman (wishful thinking)
Lead Actress - Drama - I dunno
Lead Actress - Comedy - ...I dunno
Supporting Actor - Drama - FUCKING TERRY O' QUINN (should have won it last year)
Supporting Actor - Comedy - Dwight/GOB
Supporting Actress - Drama - Evangelin Lily?
Supporting Actress - Comedy - I mean really, are there any actresses out there on TV that are worth a damn? Besides maybe the housewives. And I'm not a big fan of that medium chick. Dunno about The Sopranos.

Blitz
06-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Outstanding Drama Series-Veronica Mars, Lost, The Sopranos
Outstanding Comedy Series-The Office (Really the only comedy I watch)
Lead Actor - Drama-Enrico Colantoni (Veronica Mars), Josh Holloway (Lost), James Gandolfini (Sopranos)
Lead Actor - Comedy-Steve Carell, John Krasinski (The Office)
Lead Actress - Drama-Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), Evangeline Lilly (Lost), Mariska Hargitay (Law and Order SVU)
Lead Actress - Comedy-Jenna Fischer (The Office)
Supporting Actor - Drama-Jason Dohring, Kyle Gallner (Veronica Mars), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Lost)
Supporting Actor - Comedy-BJ Novak, Rainn Wilson, Leslie David Baker(The Office)
Supporting Actress - Drama-Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco (Sopranos), Yunjin Kim (Lost)
Supporting Actress - Comedy-Melora Hardin, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey (The Office)

ClockShot
06-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Outstanding Drama Series- Lost/House
Outstanding Comedy Series- The Office
Lead Actor - Drama-Hugh Laurie
Lead Actor - Comedy-Steve Carrell
Lead Actress - Drama-Evangeline Lilly
Lead Actress - Comedy-Julia Louis-Dreyfuss
Supporting Actor - Drama-Terry O'Quinn (Or any of the other 10 guys on lost)
Supporting Actor - Comedy-Brian Austin Green (Winging it)
Supporting Actress - Drama-Stephanie March (if convicted didn't get canceled yet.)
Supporting Actress - Comedy- Don't really know any.

PapaGeorgio
06-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Outstanding Drama Series: House, M.D.
Outstanding Comedy Series: The Office, possibly Arrested Development or Earl
Lead Actor - Drama: Hugh Laurie (House)
Lead Actor - Comedy: John Krasniski(Office)/Jason Bateman(A.D.)
Lead Actress - Drama: The chick from Lost.
Lead Actress - Comedy: Jenna Fischer(Office)
Supporting Actor - Drama: Forest Whitaker(The Shield, he so deserves this. His work on The Shield was some of the best I've ever seen. At times I wanted to applaud after scenes he was in. Underrated actor.)
Supporting Actor - Comedy: Tambor(A.D.)
Supporting Actress - Drama: CCH Pounders(Shield)
Supporting Actress - Comedy: no idea who will take this one.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-21-2006, 06:47 AM
These will probably never happen, but hey.

Outstanding Drama Series: The Shield and Rescue Me.
Outstanding Comedy Series: The Office
Lead Actor - Drama Dennis Leary/ Michael Chiklis(Chiklis is pushing it, but Leary was great on Rescue Me.

Lead Actor - Comedy: Carrell or Jason Lee
Lead Actress - Drama :No Clue
Lead Actress - Comedy: No clue
Supporting Actor - Drama: Forest Whitaker by far.
Supporting Actor - Comedy
Supporting Actress - Drama: No clue, maybe CCH Pounder
Supporting Actress - Comedy: No clue

Also, I'd say Daily Show and Colbert Report for whatever category they belong in, along with Late Night with Connan O' Brien

RoXer
06-21-2006, 12:06 PM
AD won't win anything :(

RoXer
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
I saw on the news that Lost wasn't nominated at all. :|

The Greater Power
07-06-2006, 07:03 PM
it must be a joke

ClockShot
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
A good amount of great actors and actresses did not get nominated this year. I'm sitting here watching E! a little while ago and they're all bitching about how "none of the desperate housewives were nominated", "half the shows that got nods either got cancelled or ended the show". I wonder if the people at the Emmy association or whatever were high or just watched like 10 TV shows this time around.

RoXer
07-06-2006, 10:00 PM
"half the shows that got nods either got cancelled or ended the show"

AD :o

ClockShot
07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Along with: Malcolm in the Middle, Commander In Chief, Out of Practice, Will and Grace, that show Lisa Kudrow was in she got nominated for.

Skippord
07-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Johnny C should win something

What Would Kevin Do?
07-08-2006, 09:45 AM
WHOO! GO LEARY!

loopydate
07-08-2006, 01:31 PM
The Emmy nominees this year absolutely suck. This was a pretty good year for television, but the Academy apparently wasn't watching.

Kevin James for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series?
No Lost whatsoever?
No Jason Lee?
No Jason Bateman?

Although I'll admit that I'm happy Jamie Pressly was nominated. She's hilarious on "My Name Is Earl," but I didn't think that she was "Academy-funny." Glad to see I was wrong.

RoXer
07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
What WERE the nominations anyway?

PapaGeorgio
07-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Here are some of the main nominations. For complete list go to this site http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/06/D8IMIUR80.html

You have no idea how mad it makes me that Forest Whitaker didn't even get a nomination for The Shield. His performance on there was some of the best acting I've seen in a long time TV wise. Overall Emmy's are somewhat of a joket his year.

43. Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Kevin James, "The King of Queens," CBS; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

44. Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX Network; Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC.

45. Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Charles Dance, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Donald Sutherland, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Ben Kingsley, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Jon Voight, "Pope John Paul II," CBS; Andre Braugher, "Thief," FX Network.

46. Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback," HBO; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Stockard Channing, "Out of Practice," CBS; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace," NBC.

47. Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer," TNT; Geena Davis, "Commander in Chief," ABC; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC.

48. Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Kathy Bates, "Ambulance Girl," Lifetime; Gillian Anderson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Helen Mirren, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Judy Davis, "A Little Thing Called Murder," Lifetime; Annette Bening, "Mrs. Harris," HBO.

49. Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development," Fox; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Bryan Cranston, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.

50. Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Oliver Platt, "Huff," Showtime; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox; Alan Alda, "The West Wing," NBC.

51. Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Denis Lawson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Hugh Dancy, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Jeremy Irons, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Robert Carlyle, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Clifton Collins Jr., "Thief," FX Network.

52. Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Cheryl Hines, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," NBC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime; Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC.

53. Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Candice Bergen, "Boston Legal," ABC; Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Blythe Danner, "Huff," Showtime; Jean Smart, "24," Fox.

54. Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie: Kelly Macdonald, "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; Shirley Jones, "Hidden Places," Hallmark; Ellen Burstyn, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Cloris Leachman, "The Water Is Wide," CBS.

55. Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Patrick Stewart, "Extras," HBO; Ben Stiller, "Extras," HBO; Martin Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Alec Baldwin, "Will & Grace," NBC; Leslie Jordan, "Will & Grace," NBC.

56. Guest Actor in a Drama Series: Michael J. Fox, "Boston Legal," ABC; Christian Clemenson, "Boston Legal," ABC; James Woods, "ER," NBC; Kyle Chandler, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Henry Ian Cusick, "Lost," ABC.

57. Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Shirley Knight, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Kate Winslet, "Extras," HBO; Cloris Leachman, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Laurie Metcalf, "Monk," USA; Blythe Danner, "Will & Grace," NBC.

58. Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Kate Burton, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Christina Ricci, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Swoosie Kurtz, "Huff," Showtime; Patricia Clarkson, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Joanna Cassidy, "Six Feet Under," HBO.

59. Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Barry Manilow, "Barry Manilow: Music and Passion," PBS; Stephen Colbert, "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; Craig Ferguson, "The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson," CBS; David Letterman, "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; Hugh Jackman, "The 59th Annual Tony Awards (2005)," CBS.

60. Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

61. Drama Series: "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.

62. Miniseries: "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; "Elizabeth I," HBO; "Into the West," TNT; "Sleeper Cell," Showtime.

63. Made for Television Movie: "Flight 93," A&E; "The Flight That Fought Back," Discovery Channel; "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; "Mrs. Harris," HBO; "Yesterday," HBO.

64. Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Real Time With Bill Maher," HBO.

65. Variety, Music or Comedy Special: "78th Annual Academy Awards," ABC; "Bill Maher: I'm Swiss," HBO; "George Carlin: Life Is Worth Losing," HBO; "McCartney in St. Petersburg," A&E; "The XX Olympic Winter Games - Opening Ceremony," NBC.

ClockShot
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
WOW! House only got Drama Series. Well, I'm 4/10 in picks.

RoXer
07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
49. Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development,"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M GOING TO CRY

RoXer
07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
COME ON

Blitz
07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Completely forgot about Six Feet Under and Entourage. Both should have been nominated for Best Show in their respective categories.

ClockShot
07-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Nip/Tuck

Buzzkill
07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
DESMOND!

loopydate
07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
My picks (predictions, not opinions):

Animated Program (Less Than One Hour): The Simpsons
Animated Program (One Hour Or More): Before The Dinosaurs
Art Direction (Multi-Camera): How I Met Your Mother
Art Direction (Single-Camera): Six Feet Under
Art Direction (Miniseries/Movie): Stephen King's Desperation
Art Direction (Variety/Music/Special): 78th Annual Academy Awards
Casting (Comedy): Weeds
Casting (Drama): Lost
Casting (Miniseries/Movie/Special): Into The West
Choreography: High School Musical
Cinematography (Multi-Camera): How I Met Your Mother
Cinematography (Single-Camera): Lost
Cinematography (Miniseries/Movie): Into The West (either one)
Cinematography (Nonfiction/Single-Camera): Rome - Engineering An Empire
Cinematography (Nonfiction/Multi-Camera): The Amazing Race
Commercial: Budwiser
Costumes (Series): Battlestar Galactica
Costumes (Miniseries/Movie/Special): Into The West
Directing (Comedy): Curb Your Enthusiasm
Directing (Drama): The West Wing
Directing (Variety/Music/Comedy): Saturday Night Live
Directing (Miniseries/Movie/Dramatic): Flight 93
Directing (Nonfiction): Bob Dylan - No Direction Home
Single-Camera Editing (Drama): 24 (either one)
Single-Camera Editing (Comedy): The Office
Single-Camera Editing (Miniseries/Movie): The Ten Commandments
Multi-Camera Editing (Series): Will & Grace
Editing (Special): A Concert For Hurricane Relief
Editing (Nonfiction/Small Team): AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes
Editing (Nonfiction/Large Team): The Amazing Race
Hairstyling (Series): Desperate Housewives
Hairstyling (Miniseries/Movie/Special): Into The West (either one)
Lighting Direction: American Idol (either one)
Main Title Design: Ghost Whisperer
Makeup (Series/Non-Prosthetic): Grey's Anatomy
Makeup (Miniseries/Movie/Special/Non-Prosthetic): Mrs. Harris
Prosthetic Makeup: Nip/Tuck
Music Composition (Series): Masters Of Horror
Music Composition (Miniseries/Movie/Special): The 59th Annual Tony Awards
Music And Lyrics: High School Musical (either one)
Main Title Theme: Prison Break
Lead Actor (Comedy): Tony Shalhoub
Lead Actor (Drama): Martin Sheen
Lead Actor (Miniseries/Movie): Jon Voight
Lead Actress (Comedy): Debra Messing
Lead Actress (Drama): Kyra Sedgwick
Lead Actress (Miniseries/Movie): Helen Mirren
Supporting Actor (Comedy): Sean Hayes
Supporting Actor (Drama): Michael Imperioli
Supporting Actor (Miniseries/Movie): Jeremy Irons
Supporting Actress (Comedy): Cheryl Hines
Supporting Actress (Drama): Jean Smart
Supporting Actress (Miniseries/Movie): Ellen Burstyn
Guest Actor (Comedy): Alec Baldwin
Guest Actor (Drama): Henry Ian Cusick
Guest Actress (Comedy): Kate Winslet
Guest Actress (Drama): Christina Ricci
Performance (Variety/Music): David Letterman
Comedy Series: Curb Your Enthusiasm
Drama Series: The Sopranos
Miniseries: Into The West
Movie: The Girl In The Cafe
Variety/Music/Comedy Series: The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Variety/Music/Comedy Special: The XX Olympic Winter Games
Special Class Program: Higher Ground Hurricane Relief Benefit Concert
Children's Program: I Have Tourette's But Tourette's Doesn't Have Me
Nonfiction Special: Inside 9/11
Nonfiction Series: American Masters
Reality Program: Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Reality-Competition Program: Dancing With The Stars
Merit In Nonfiction Filmmaking: Baghdad ER
Writing For Nonfiction Programming: Penn & Teller - Bullshit
Sound Editing (Series): CSI
Sound Editing (Miniseries/Movie/Special): Category 7 - The End Of The World
Sound Editing (Nonfiction): Survivor
Single-Camera Sound Mixing (Series): House
Single-Camera Sound Mixing (Miniseries/Movie): Into The West
Multi-Camera Sound Mixing (Series/Special): The West Wing
Sound Mixing (Variety/Music/Special/Animation): American Idol
Sound Mixing (Nonfiction): Bob Dylan - No Direction Home
Special Visual Effects (Series): Surface
Special Visual Effects (Miniseries/Movie/Special): Before The Dinosaurs
Stunt Coordination: Alias
Technical Direction (Series): Late Night With Conan O'Brien
Technical Direction (Miniseries/Movie/Special): NFL Opening Kickoff 2005
Writing (Comedy): The Office
Writing (Drama): The Sopranos
Writing (Variety/Music/Comedy): The Colbert Report
Writing (Miniseries/Movie/Dramatic Special): The Girl In The Cafe

Smitty
07-09-2006, 06:25 PM
wow Lost got fucking shafted this year

loopydate
07-09-2006, 08:07 PM
It really did. Best Drama last year, now they get one Guest Actor nom and a couple of writing/directing noms. Ridiculous.

Mr. Nerfect
07-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm going to actually watch this year, because Conan is the host. That man makes anything gold.

I'm pulling for Scrubs to take Best Comedy and Will Arnett to take Best Comedy Actor. I am a huge SVU fan, so if Chris Meloni and/or Mariska Hargitay take it home, I'm going to be overjoyed (I think Mariska only stands a remote chance). I'm not going to shout scam if they do lose, partially because the Law & Order shows aren't the best place to find top quality acting, and there is so good shit amongst them, particularly in Meloni's case.

Scrubs better win best comedy, though. I can tolerate it if Arrested Development wins, despite being cancelled. I can also see why The Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm would win, but they're not my personal choices.

I'm going to blow something up if Conan O'Brien isn't the host, though.

el fregadero
07-10-2006, 03:47 AM
Pretty gross there is one Guest Actor nomination and that is it for Lost. Actually pretty disappointed in the academy. Way to go, jerks. Way to go.

RoXer
07-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Nah. TBH, 12st season was LOADS better then the 2nd. It deserved what it got.

RoXer
07-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Twelvest

Blitz
07-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm torn. Desmond is the man, but the episode of ER with James Woods was the best episode the series has had in a long time.

ClockShot
08-27-2006, 07:39 PM
So...................anybody gonna watch tonight?

PapaGeorgio
08-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm watching, still furious Forest Whitaker didn't get nomination.

Savio
08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
changed the channel when john stewart won.

DS
08-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Tony Shalhoub was the only person I was wanting to win and he did. Turned it off after that.

Joey Slugs
08-28-2006, 12:13 AM
24 BITCHES!

JohnnyDrama
08-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Does anyone think the plane crash opening was a little unsympathetic considered 50 people died today on a plane in KY? I know the media are already all over NBC. In fact the NBC affiliate here in Lexington has already come out bashing NBC for showing it. I thought it was funny, but I was pretty shocked they still showed it all things considered.

RoXer
08-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Stopped watching after GOB lost.