PDA

View Full Version : TNA PPV *SPOILERS*

Xero
06-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks to John for the following. ... I was looking through TNA's website and found a hidden link to this weeks Global Impact episode. In it Jeremy Borash announces a major spoiler to the Slammiversary PPV. He states that the new NWA champion will be on Impact this Thursday (he doesn't say a name). Indicating that the title will change hands this Sunday. Below is a link to the episode, hopefully TNA hasn't removed it yet.
http://www.spiketv.com/syndication/TNAPlayer.swf?streamParam=shows/tnawrestling/global7

I checked out the link, and as of 11:20AM, it is still active. Of course, I doubt TNA was expecting anyone to find it in the first place. Borash does say new champion, which would seem to indicate that Christian Cage is losing the title. Of course, it doesn't tell us whether Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss or Ron Killings is the "new champion" so the clip doesn't totally reveal who won.

Source: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=18634&p=2

PullMyFinger
06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I figured Cage was going to lose.

I hope Ron Killings doesn't win it..because he's so retarded. Saying "whats up" only pisses me off.

crash99
06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I hope Abyss wins the title. Christian's reign has been kind of just there, and hopefully by giving it to Abyss it can open up some new feuds at the top. Abyss has been in TNA for a long time, and deserves to be rewarded for all his hard work.

Of course, it doesn't really matter, the show is always going to be all about Jarret, whether he's in the title picture or not, so it doesn't really change who's on top.

JH
06-17-2006, 01:44 PM
i'm pulling for the stinger to win the gold

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 01:52 PM
i'm pulling for the stinger to win the gold

That's one way to insure I wouldn't watch TNA anymore.

6to1
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
yea it looks like cage is about to mke a heel turn, so ron might get it and fued with heel cage, but abyss would be good too.

Volare
06-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I say have Cage lose first, that way it actually might be exciting for 20 mins

Fox
06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
I say have Cage lose first, that way it actually might be exciting for 20 mins

You don't "lose first" in the King of the Mountain match. You get put in a cage for 5 minutes if you're pinned or you submit, but you are released again. The winner is the person who scores a pinfall AND puts the World Title on a hook hanging above the ring ("King of the Mountain").

I bet Jarrett wins so that he and Sting can start a program over the World Title, but I hope for TNA's sake that I'm wrong.

Innovator
06-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Killings or Abyss, Sting or Jarrett winning sends the wrong message...

so yeah Jarrett probably

The One
06-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Meh, could be a tease, but I doubt it.

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Not that it matters. Jarrett will be the Main Event, regardless.

6to1
06-17-2006, 08:11 PM
yep he is the trips hogan austen rock of tna

Mr. Nerfect
06-17-2006, 08:24 PM
There's two ways I can look at this:

Jeremy Borash was simply taken out of context. "New Champion" might be a way of saying "the Champion after said event". "New" implies a change, but it could have been a slip, or Borash simply using poetic license and pointing out that the Championship belt is up for grabs in this sort of environment. Cage has to hand the title over and has to bust his ass to get it back.

TNA might have programmed Borash to say that, simply selling the fact that no Champion has ever retained in a King of the Mountain Match.

Even if there were plans to change the NWA Championship over, I doubt they would remain after this. I mean, let's take a look at the challengers:

No way should Abyss win. He's had two title matches and lost. Putting the title on him now is contradictory to TNA's booking over the last couple of months. One day he will get it, not tonight. Jeff Jarrett should not win. TNA does this they are idiots. I actually like Jarrett, and I can sort of understand why they want to get his title reigns up there with Triple H, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. The fans don't want to see it, though. Sting should not even touch the NWA Championship. His feud with Jarrett doesn't need the belt. That leaves Ron Killings. This man actually has a better chance than any other challenger at taking the belt, simply because he has that "out of nowhere" thing going for him. Raven had it last year. He also won the NWA Championship. But if TNA really wants to be an alternative, they won't put the title on an "underdog". We're all sick of Rey Mysterio and John Cena stories. TNA would pull it off better, but it is still very similar.

Christian Cage still has life as Champion, which is why I think he will keep the belt, especially now. I am still extremely interested in the prospect of Cage vs. Rhino, Cage vs. Killings, Cage vs. Sting and Cage vs. Samoa Joe. I'm pretty sure the last one will mark the end of Christian Cage's title reign. Probably at Bound For Glory. Cage should and could be the first World Champion in so many years to actually do a heel turn whilst holding the World Title. That would be awesome to see, and hopefully TNA goes that route.

Mr. Nerfect
06-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I will not ever order a TNA PPV with Jarrett or Sting as Champion. I really think it would be a bad move putting the gold on either of them.

Xero
06-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Woah, NEVER lump Austin and Rock with Triple H, Jarrett, and Hogan when concerning belt hogging. They NEVER played politics nearly has hard (not saying they didn't) as those three.

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 08:52 PM

He's a Nazi, Roidin', Alcaholic, black guy?

JH
06-17-2006, 09:06 PM
why is everybody putting down sting
it's already been proven with the ratings breakdown that sting and christian are drawing more ratings than anybody
the ppv that sting came back on is still the most bought tna ppv ever
if sting wins the title the ratings for the next impact will be the highest yet i damn well gaurantee that
sting is still a draw point blank

Savio
06-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Woah, NEVER lump Austin and Rock with Triple H, Jarrett, and Hogan when concerning belt hogging. They NEVER played politics nearly has hard (not saying they didn't) as those three.Did rock ever play polotics? I know austin did but I dunno about rock.

Savio
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
If he does lose I hope aybss wins it, killings would be bad either though.

Pinnacle Charisma
06-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Did rock ever play polotics? I know austin did but I dunno about rock.

I cant remember hearing anything backstage shit good or bad about Rock during his time on top (manily because I was a mark back then ).

But you just have to look at his record. He put put over Jericho twice on ppv, put over Brock for the title and help make Kurt Angle. He also jobbed three times to Austin at the biggest stage of them all.

I think he might be the most unselfish main eventer ever.

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
it's already been proven with the ratings breakdown that sting and christian are drawing more ratings than anybody
if sting wins the title the ratings for the next impact will be the highest yet i damn well gaurantee that

Because Sting is a short-term ratings solution and should not be what you book a promotion around. The lack of names in TNA is the primary reason Sting can draw.

Sadly, most bought and highest rated don't mean fuck all when you're a penny ante promotion.

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Did rock ever play polotics? I know austin did but I dunno about rock.

The Rock had the belt put on him so many times because he was a professional and would lie down for anyone. No politics, Just a popular star who would put over the other guys (Which often meant long belt runs for Triple H).

Now, "No politics" might be a slight exaggeration (I don't know that he NEVER played politics), but it's up there.

Mr. Nerfect
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM

Sting can't go like he used to. Sure, he spikes interest, but that interest won't carry into a successful title reign. Fans like to boo Vince McMahon, doesn't mean he should be the top wrestling heel of the company. I've always looked at it like this, as well:

Sting is extremely over. He holds interest wherever he goes. That means you can put him in a seperate program to the title feud and you now have two main event programs with fan interest. Sting vs. Jarrett does not, and should not, have the NWA World Heavyweight Championship involved. Guys like Abyss and Samoa Joe should be involved in the title hunt.

Mr. Nerfect
06-17-2006, 10:20 PM
The Rock had the belt put on him so many times because he was a professional and would lie down for anyone. No politics, Just a popular star who would put over the other guys (Which often meant long belt runs for Triple H).

Now, "No politics" might be a slight exaggeration (I don't know that he NEVER played politics), but it's up there.

I'm not the guy's biggest fan or cock-blower, but when you go out there and light up the night as The Rock did, I think it would have been fairly easy to be relaxed about things like politics. It makes you wonder what would have happened if Chris Jericho was 6'5, 275lbs. Really, Jericho and Rock are very similar in terms of how they were treated in the WWE, only on different scales. Jericho got the Intercontinental Championship put on him seven times, Rock got the WWE Championship put on him seven times.

I don't know how that is relevent to anything, but it's worth putting out there.

He was the safe choice for World Champion. He's a safe choice the WWE is currently lacking. John Cena and Rey Mysterio, whilst being fairly popular guys, can't be counted on for consistently good reactions. Now that he's back, I fully expect Batista to be the "next Rock" in terms of holding the belt. He's been broken into the title scene with an amazing first World Title run, now I expect to see him trade the belt with guys like King Booker on a regular basis.

Kane Knight
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Cena could have easily been that. A shame.

Arnold HamNegger
06-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I haven't really enjoyed Christian's title reign at all. Frankly, I'm sick of him coming out every week in dress clothes. I don't buy the PPV's, so it's been a long time since I've actually seen him wrestle. Come on TNA, you're lucky to draw a 1.0 weekly, so you can't afford to hold back. Would a title match every once in a while on your regular program really hurt? You can write the greatest story lines in the world for your champ to set up every PPV...but if noone's watching, does it really matter?

No title matches = no title changes. No title changes = no element of unpredictability. No element of unpredictability = low ratings. You need viewers TNA, having your #1 face champion wrestle once a month isn't exactly drawing in anyone new.

Plus, Christian's promo's have been terrible lately IMO. This face version of him has bored me to tears. Turn him heel, he's at his best when he's a total prick.

Destor
06-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Did rock ever play polotics? I know austin did but I dunno about rock.EVERYONE PLAYS POLOTICS.

6to1
06-18-2006, 08:25 PM
uh oh looks like the spoiler is legit and tna is not happy we found out

Xero
06-18-2006, 08:54 PM
What are they going to do, yell at us over the internet?

:rofl:

The One
06-18-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm thinking they might change the ending to have Christain retain and then on iMPACT! have him drop it to whoever was going to win here tonight...

Kane Knight
06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
uh oh looks like the spoiler is legit and tna is not happy we found out
Oh?