PDA

View Full Version : WTF US-Netherlands

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Just saw that the US soccer team is gonna play against the Netherlands, i ain't a big soccer fan and i don't follow soccer on tv but when the US plays i got to see it...and what about the Netherlands are they any good?

The Mask
02-05-2004, 09:50 AM
they... i dunno. they should rule. just about every player on their team is quality, but they don't seem to function too great as a team.

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Holland are a bnuch of individuals who are good,but a team who aren't,for some reason.

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Kay so we can kick there ass?

Loose Cannon
02-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Kay so we can kick there ass?

We took down Portugual and almost got by Germany in the WC, so I don't see why not.

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 09:58 AM
We took down Portugual and almost got by Germany in the WC, so I don't see why not.

:love: we kick ass!

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Where is the match?

America or Holland?

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Its on 02/18/2004 don't know the time and its in the Netherlands.

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Its on 02/18/2004 don't know the time and its in the Netherlands.

I'd have to go with Holland if they're at home,if it was in the U.S then it might have been different.

e.g(home teams from matches names first)

Scotland 1 Netherlands 0

Netherlands 6 Scotland 0

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 10:18 AM
I'd have to go with Holland if they're at home,if it was in the U.S then it might have been different.

Scotland 1 Netherlands 0

Netherlands 6 Scotland 0

WTF they firs lost 1-0 and then they won 6-0, i still believe we can win....I hope. And what about England did they kick the Netherlands ass?

Mike the Metal Ed
02-05-2004, 10:22 AM

Scotland 1 Netherlands 0

Netherlands 6 Scotland 0

Euro 96

England 4 Netherlands 1. :cool:

8 years ago. :'(

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Euro 96

England 4 Netherlands 1. :cool:

8 years ago. :'(

Only proves my point that against half-decent sides they are poor away from home,apart from when they won in Germany.

Sephiroth
02-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Only proves my point that against half-decent sides they are poor away from home,apart from when they won in Germany.

This sucks...well gotta hope for the best. :-\

Cactus Sid
02-05-2004, 11:30 AM
If its in Holland, I would presume a dicking will commence

Mr. Monday Morning
02-05-2004, 12:11 PM
It'll be a friendly, depends how seriously they take it and how much experimentation they do with players who might or might not be regulars.

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I think Holland still have something to prove and even though it's a friendly, they'll still want to scare the opposition before 2004.
Ruud is going to destroy your back line if he plays.

Rob
02-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Holland will win.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Freddy Adu is going to light up some dutch mother****ers

Disturbed316
02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Freddy Adu is da man

BCWWF
02-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Aren't Hollands key players more offensive minded? Ruud, Jimmy-Floyd (Is he on the national team), Edgar Davids, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Kluivert. Maybe some of these players have retired, but if I'm not mistaken they are all more offensive players. Who are there good backs?

BCWWF
02-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I have to assume Freddy Adu isn't on the roster. Isn't this preparing for the Olympic Qualifying? I know Landon Donovan is on the roster and I think DeMarcus Beasley is, but they didn't list any other names in the paper.

Rob Ban Fan
02-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Aren't Hollands key players more offensive minded? Ruud, Jimmy-Floyd (Is he on the national team), Edgar Davids, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Kluivert. Maybe some of these players have retired, but if I'm not mistaken they are all more offensive players. Who are there good backs?

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Bergkamp is retired from international football, Jimmy is a Dutch international but Ruud and Kluivert get in ahead of him.

As far as defensive players go, Frank de Boer, Jaap Stam, Van Bronckhorst, Van Der Sar in goal.

Frank de Boer scored against Scotland (I think), Van Bronckhorst gets forward, so yes, they do have a lot of offensive players.</font>

Rob
02-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Kluivert won't get a game now. They said his partnership with Van Nistelrooy wouldn't work (or Advocaat don't like it) and since RVN and Rafeal Van Der Vaart hit it off big time, they will probably be the attacking two now.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I have to assume Freddy Adu isn't on the roster. Isn't this preparing for the Olympic Qualifying? I know Landon Donovan is on the roster and I think DeMarcus Beasley is, but they didn't list any other names in the paper.I dunno I don't give a shit about US soccer

Until they get good, then I am jumping on the Adu Bandwagon

Loose Cannon
02-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I dunno I don't give a shit about US soccer

Until they get good, then I am jumping on the Adu Bandwagon

Did you see the World Cup? How much better do you want them to be. They are a good soccer team right now and will only get better as time goes on.

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Schneider is also the man, if he plays like he did against Scotland, then I feel sorry for the USA.

Loose Cannon
02-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Are van Nistelrooij and Davids both going to be playing in the game?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-05-2004, 08:38 PM
We had a 1-1 draw with Denmark in Los Angeles and that goal was on a PK in like the 85th minute

We are gonna get our shit kicked in

BCWWF
02-06-2004, 01:02 AM
I hate to say it but the World Cup doesn't really give a good picture of where American Soccer is today. Beating Portugal was huge, so was the tie with South Korea, but we still lost to Poland didn't we? And Mexico isn't the toughest opponent to face in elimination. Granted we did play pretty well against a good German side, and that one goal was stopped by a hand ball, and their only goal was on their stellar set play unit, but still. A lot of the good teams didn't do too well in that tournament, Italy, France, and the Netherlands didn't even make it. It did show that we are definately coming out of the closet, but we still have a ways to go to compete with nations that have the EPL, Seria A, or Primera Liga feeding them.

The Mask
02-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Kluivert won't get a game now. They said his partnership with Van Nistelrooy wouldn't work (or Advocaat don't like it) and since RVN and Rafeal Van Der Vaart hit it off big time, they will probably be the attacking two now.

serves him right. the guy's a prick.

I found it funny how he was slagging off ruud after one game though and said he should be dropped, but advocaat played ruud anyway without kluivert and he scored a hat-trick :love:

Mr. Monday Morning
02-06-2004, 07:23 AM
The Dutch forward rankings are probably something like Van Nistelrooy, Van Der Vaart, Makaay (who is still a kickass player) and then Kluivert and the rest.

I dunno if Adu is old enough to play...I'm sure there's a restriction that says he wouldn't be able to play a full international at 15.

The US team has improved a lot but until the players start playing consistently in higher quality leagues (a few of them do but mostly they play on loan for a few months while MLS is inactive) they're going to stagnate sooner rather than later.

The Destroyer
02-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Holland are a bnuch of individuals who are good,but a team who aren't,for some reason.
They still managed to utterly stuff Scotland last time we played them. :o

But then we're not exactly an especially good team either.

packt up
02-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Anyone seen that goal by Van der Vaart?

Basically the ball comes in and he kind of scorpion kicks cos its at head height and behind him and it flicks off his heel and goes in.

One of the best goals I've ever seen. :eek:

The Mask
02-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I just downloaded it then :o

Wengerland
02-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Schneider is also the man, if he plays like he did against Scotland, then I feel sorry for the USA.

Isn't he German?

Danny Electric
02-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Isn't he German?

Sorry I spelt it wrong, I meant Scneijder. The bloke that Utd wanted to buy. He tore up Scotland in the second leg.

Wengerland
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Sorry I spelt it wrong, I meant Scneijder. The bloke that Utd wanted to buy. He tore up Scotland in the second leg.

Oh yeah,the set piece taker?

He was the man.

Cactus Sid
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone seen that goal by Van der Vaart?

Basically the ball comes in and he kind of scorpion kicks cos its at head height and behind him and it flicks off his heel and goes in.

One of the best goals I've ever seen. :eek:

Not too brag, but I've scored a goal exactly the same as that for my local side :o

Mr. Monday Morning
02-06-2004, 01:07 PM
How'd you like to sign for Wolves? :o

Wengerland
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
or Leicester?:(

Danny Electric
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
How'd you like to sign for Wolves? :o

Lol. Having to be in Wolverhampton would probably kill him.

Team Sheep
02-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Speaking of Scotland, Wales V Scotland next week :D

Cactus Sid
02-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Na, that was back when I was good, about 2 years ago

After breaking my arm I put on a bit of weight, and I'm nowhere near match fitness, I've kind of turned into Robbie Fowler

Mr. Monday Morning
02-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Do you have a mate with floppy hair, a la Steve McManaman :eek:

Cactus Sid
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
not really, well, I've got a mate with blonde hair, but he's too full of himself to actually let it grow out Macca style, plus unlike Macca he can tackle

Wengerland
02-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Na, that was back when I was good, about 2 years ago

After breaking my arm I put on a bit of weight, and I'm nowhere near match fitness, I've kind of turned into Robbie Fowler

Still good enough for Leicester. :$

Cactus Sid
02-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Paul Dickov is quality though

Loose Cannon
02-06-2004, 03:56 PM
I hate to say it but the World Cup doesn't really give a good picture of where American Soccer is today. Beating Portugal was huge, so was the tie with South Korea, but we still lost to Poland didn't we? And Mexico isn't the toughest opponent to face in elimination. Granted we did play pretty well against a good German side, and that one goal was stopped by a hand ball, and their only goal was on their stellar set play unit, but still. A lot of the good teams didn't do too well in that tournament, Italy, France, and the Netherlands didn't even make it. It did show that we are definately coming out of the closet, but we still have a ways to go to compete with nations that have the EPL, Seria A, or Primera Liga feeding them.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you in that we got ways to go until we are as good as the Europeans or other countries like Brazil. But you got to give the Americans a ton of credit for their preformance in the WC. I mean who really thought we even make it past the first round. Not me.

packt up
02-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah,the set piece taker?

He was the man.

Wesley Sneijder :y:

19 :eek:

Wengerland
02-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Paul Dickov is quality though

He's loved for his work rate,if he had that extra bit of quality he'd be great.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-07-2004, 07:15 PM

No, the lad United are buying is Arjen Robben from PSV. He's incredible too.

Holland have an awesome team in terms of talent. They should devour the USA, but it's only a friendly.

In more interesting news, Ireland are playing Brazil in Dublin in a couple of weeks. Let's hope Duffer is fit. He'll tear them a new arse.

BCWWF
02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh yeah, I totally agree with you in that we got ways to go until we are as good as the Europeans or other countries like Brazil. But you got to give the Americans a ton of credit for their preformance in the WC. I mean who really thought we even make it past the first round. Not me.

Yeah, beating Portugal was just huge, they need credit for that. Also the game against Germany was really good too, considering how close it was. They did do a lot better than they were expected no doubt, but the draw and some luck helped a bit too.